Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

My 360 died

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-07, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you're online, there's no problem. If you try to play them while offline, you'll just be able to play the trial version.

When you originally buy them, with the system MS uses, the game is "attached", for lack of a more technical term, to both the hard drive AND the 360 you used. There's no way to get the replacement 360 to 'realize' you've already bought the game(s) in question, unless you're logged into Xbox Live at that moment so that it can check.

Interestingly, from everything I've read, Sony apparently just attaches their downloads with the hard drive, as most people would naturally expect. If you ever need a new PS3, the purchased games on your combination of old hard drive/new machine will work without a problem.
Old 10-30-07, 06:51 PM
mbs
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the club (the club that anyone who owns a 360 will join eventually).
Old 10-30-07, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by squidget
wait, what? I'm keeping my hdd, I thought when I pop it on the new xbox everything would be good to go. Is this not so? I have quite a few xbla titles.
Yes, you keep the harddrive. Don't worry, just follow the instruction that came with coffin.

I just got my 360 back last Friday and popped my hard drive in and everything is still there.
Old 10-30-07, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fashionvictim86
Psh, I think Xbox 360 is junk. I'm glad I bought Guitar Hero for PS2. I bought us an Xbox 360 and 3 months later, it stopped reading discs. I send it back and then sent me another "fixed" unit. Now, I CANNOT get it to play Marvel Alliance. We tried 2 copies of the game, both will not play. Other games will play, and it will play fine in another Xbox 360, so I have no idea what the heck its problem is. An Xbox 360 support lady called me a week ago and I told her about it and she said she would get back to me, but I haven't heard from her since! I will never buy another 360 ever again.
Uhhh - you shouldn't need to buy another 360. That's what a warranty is for. Not to mention, while your thoughts are valid - the manner in which you present them is a console bash. Call back the support line, don't rely on them calling you back - ever..
Old 10-31-07, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by McHawkson
Yes, you keep the harddrive. Don't worry, just follow the instruction that came with coffin.

I just got my 360 back last Friday and popped my hard drive in and everything is still there.
Ok, I was panicked there for a sec. Day 4 (business day anyway) still waiting for the coffin.
I'm going to miss the halo3 zombie mode too. goramit
Old 10-31-07, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My X360 is still less than a month old... but as i read more and more threads like this one, it's bothersome... well, what can i do? nothing... just play and see if it dies... i haven't register my X360 yet, the warranty says all i need is the original receipt, so i guess as long as i keep the receipt, i'm okay for three years.

My X360 has the new chip and the new heat sink, i know it's not proven to be RRoD resistance.

Anyhow, contrary to most people own both PS3 and X360, i found myself play more games on the PS3 than the X360... And i got Halo 3, Orange Box, BioShock, MUA and Forza 2!
Old 11-01-07, 06:23 AM

I called in my 360 on Monday because I finally got the 3 red lights everytime I turned it on. Wouldn't do anything else. We went the usual spill of unplu, plug back in etc. Not looking forward to doing without my 360 for however long it takes but on the plus side, I've got my PS3 that I haven't really even touched so I'll be giving that a whirl. Going to go out and pick up a game or two today for it.

Ocelot...I don't know about the receipt thing man. I didn't have my receipt and I mentioned that to the lady when I called in and she said that wasn't a problem. She was actually pretty nice. I figured that I'd get someone who would be tired of grumpy people calling in all day about their defective 360's.