Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Unreal Tournament 3-New Movie

Old 10-26-07, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Unreal Tournament 3-New Movie

Well I know we're not getting it for the 360 for awhile but over at XBL they had a new movie of single player campaign up. So something to tease us while our PS3 and PC pals enjoy it.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/14939/...paign-Trailer/

While you're at it Epic has a new UT3 site up with all sorts of stuff and a forum. Plus I highly recommend getting the E3 trailer from there instead of other sites. It has twice as much footage than what's been posted before. It is mentioned that 360 owners might get it in the first quater of 2008. As ususal DL the HD version since it flat out rocks!

http://www.unrealtournament3.com/us/index.html

Kenny J - Buzz Starhopper
Old 10-27-07, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i've already got this game pre ordered for Compy. i'll be getting it for the 360 also when that ships.
Old 10-28-07, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This thread should be renamed to "Gears of War 2-New Movie". This visual style of UT3 is too close to GOW, IMO. If you took out the vehicles, joe six pack probably couldn't tell the difference between the two games. With that said, can't wait to play it.
Old 10-29-07, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Well Ed someone needs to punch Joe Sixpack in the face and tell him that Gears looks too much like Unreal. It amazes me that there are people who've never heard of or seen Unreal and so now it's Gears little brother
Old 10-29-07, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Amen Martin!!!

To put it mildly Gears would not have been Gears if it wasn't for "Unreal" in more ways than one. Gears you may say was an extension of Unreal. Unreal has, is and will be a mainstay in the gaming world. Besides the Unreal game you have of course the Unreal Engine which is responsible for half the games we're playing now. There may be only one more gears but they'll always be Unreal.

http://www.beyondunreal.com/
http://www.unreal.com/
http://www.unrealtechnology.com/html...old/home.shtml

Kenny J - Buzz Starhopper
Old 10-30-07, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm with you guys. I'm a long time Unreal gamer. It just took GOW to put the engine on the map with console gamers. UCII was a great game that never really got going on the xbox.
Old 12-11-07, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Anybody pick this up today?

Never played it before today, it's pretty good. Graphics look amazing and the level design is excellent.

Online play was a little choppy though.
Old 12-11-07, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Pillowhead
Anybody pick this up today?

Never played it before today, it's pretty good. Graphics look amazing and the level design is excellent.

Online play was a little choppy though.
They are running something like 50(?) servers to begin with, it'll probably take them a bit to get the kinks out.
Old 12-12-07, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I picked it up after work yesterday. So far I love it ... this was my most anticipated game of the year, and I'm not disappointed. I only had time to play a few bot deathmatches last night, but I'm happy to say that it feels like Unreal.

I've played all of the previous versions on the PC, but I'm not sure yet if I need to buy a keyboard and mouse for the PS3. I didn't know if I'd like it with the Sixaxis, but so far it was an easy transition (though I can't decide if I prefer the Y-axis normal or reversed) so maybe I'll stick with that. I might change my mind, though, once I start playing online and get my ass handed to me.

I'm glad they re-did the Deck level again ... it's been really cool to see the same level in each generation of the engine.