Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

What's the word on Heavenly Sword?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-09, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 626 Likes on 482 Posts
Re: What's the word on Heavenly Sword?

I adored the ending, PopcornTreeCt. I thought it was pitch perfect. And I don't think any other game I've played has ever ended that way.

Just to clarify, when I said it needs a sequel, I didn't mean it to mean that I was dissaisfied with the ending. I just want to see more of the world created for this game. There seems to be the potential for many more compelling stories set in that world.
Old 03-26-09, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh and thanks to this game I will forever refer to my loins as "youthful and exuberant".
Old 03-27-09, 06:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

I loved the ending.
Old 03-27-09, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by sarshelYam
That is really pretty!

http://www.ninjatheory.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2082
Old 03-27-09, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Saw this bit of info in the Ninja Theory website:

When our relaunched website was unveiled to the world recently, we got a really great reception - and people were especially keen to know more about the snippets of concept art we had dotted around the site.

Whilst we're not going to be divulging more information on our new project just yet, we thought we'd release larger versions of some of the concept art, formatted as desktop wallpaper..

We've split them up into groups of 5 and scaled for the most common monitor and hdtv resolutions. They're compressed in RAR format, so you'll need something like WinRar to open them.

Enjoy - then why not join the crew over at the Ninja Theory Forum's to discuss the art.

Monitor:
http://www.ninjatheory.com/images/wa...r/1024x768.rar
http://www.ninjatheory.com/images/wa.../1280x1024.rar
http://www.ninjatheory.com/images/wa.../1600x1200.rar

Widescreen:
http://www.ninjatheory.com/images/wa.../1680x1050.rar

HDTV:
http://www.ninjatheory.com/images/wa...r/1280x720.rar
http://www.ninjatheory.com/images/wa.../1920x1080.rar
Old 03-27-09, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
According to Wikipedia, Heavenly Sword sold over one million copies by May 2008. So it did rather well.

As for a sequel:

So it's a Ninja Theory decision and not a Sony decision. But I get the feeling the decision was purely economical and not artistic. Multi-console release means potentially more games sold after all.
Kotaku tells a different tale:

An inside UK source tells us that Heavenly Sword 2 has been canned by Sony Computer Entertainment of Europe. The game was axed after months in development because it is no longer seen as commercially viable, our source tells us.

The news came during an emergency meeting set up for the Sony Cambridge team which was working on the game.

On a side note, Ninja Theory, who have already said they weren't working on the sequel to their Playstation 3 exclusive, have grown increasingly bitter about their treatment at Sony's hands, our source tells us. I'm told that the development studio, which once had offices in the same building as Sony Cambridge, have started packing up to move to a new location.
Joystiq actually followed up on the article:
Update: Sony informs it will not comment on the Heavenly Sword 2 rumor. Ninja Theory's official statement is after the break.

A representative for Ninja Theory writes:
"You'd have to ask Sony about HS2 - it's not something that we're involved in.

We are moving but it's completely amicable! We move mid July and have been planning it for the best part of a year, there's nothing nefarious about it. We are excited about the move - our new premises are considerably bigger and in an excellent location near the town centre."
Whatever the reason though it sucks. I am looking forward to their new cross-platform title though.
Old 03-27-09, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That is indeed sucky news. I certainly look forward to their cross-platform game as well. Their spectacular work on Heavenly Sword has earned them that.

However, I hope it does well enough so that whatever bad blood between them and Sony (of there is indeed any) is swept under the rug to greenlight a sequel.
Old 03-27-09, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd buy a Heavenly Sword 2. In fact, it would probably the only PS3 game I'd buy.
Old 03-27-09, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So you wouldn't buy Heavenly Sword 1?
And what about Uncharted 2. That looks awesome.

Last edited by RocShemp; 03-27-09 at 07:54 PM.
Old 03-27-09, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So you wouldn't buy Heavenly Sword 1?
And what about Uncharted 2. That looks awesome.
I already owned Heavenly Sword and eventually traded it off.

Uncharted 2 looked pretty good but I got stuck when all the zombie/mummies showed up. I didn't have any desire to move on.
Old 03-27-09, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I never understood why so many people who've played Uncharted got weirded out by
Spoiler:
the mummy/zombies. They set them up ever since you find the room where the statue originally was (prior to finding the U-boat) and they keep referencing them throughout.
It wasn't a surprise at all and hardly came out of left field.

Anyhoo, the next game seems to be veering in a different direction and I'm all for it.

I don't think I'll get rid of Uncharted or Heavenly Sword any time in the forseable future.

Last edited by RocShemp; 04-01-09 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-29-09, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

For those that loved the music as much as I did, I found the following at GameFAQs:

Originally Posted by MagisterBurner
Well, if your like me, you got through this game and said; "Holy ass, I have to have this music!" But it's not been officially released. Well, lucky for you I will provide the link to the full soundtrack! http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QSHRZQYL

It's here if anyone wants it.
It's hardly complete (the somber melody that plays during the title screen is MIA among others) but it's better than nothing.
Old 03-29-09, 01:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why are people posting spoilers for Uncharted in a Heavenly Sword thread?
Old 03-29-09, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Because we were comparing Heavenly Sword to Uncharted regarding their cinematic scope and feel and the eventual topic/complaint regarding the "twist" in Uncharted came up as usual. No biggie.
Old 03-30-09, 01:52 AM

I may have to pick one of those to play in the weekend.
Old 03-31-09, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think this was mentioned in another thread, but I happened to see a couple of copies of this game at Sears yesterday for $25. I rented the game a while back and played through it in a few hours and had no desire to play it again, but for those who are interested, I figured I'd mention it.
Old 04-01-09, 10:44 AM
Banned

Because we were comparing Heavenly Sword to Uncharted regarding their cinematic scope and feel and the eventual topic/complaint regarding the "twist" in Uncharted came up as usual. No biggie.

No biggie? Maybe if you've already played Uncharted. I haven't. I wasn't aware of any "twist". Thanks though, for spoiling it.
Old 04-01-09, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SonOfAStu
No biggie? Maybe if you've already played Uncharted. I haven't. I wasn't aware of any "twist". Thanks though, for spoiling it.
I haven't played played thru Uncharted yet and I didn't consider zombie/mummy enemies much of a spoiler, I actually kinda expected it but maybe I've played through one too many action/adventure games
Old 04-01-09, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by SonOfAStu
It's hardly a spoiler since the "twist" is spoiled about 15 minutes into the game. For the rest of the game you're waiting for it to happen. Now telling you when/were the so-called twist occurs would be more of an actual spoiler.

But, for the sake of courtesy, I'll edit the offending post in case there are others who feel the same and I appologise for my error in judgement when I failed to use spoiler tags in my post.
Old 04-01-09, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
I think this was mentioned in another thread, but I happened to see a couple of copies of this game at Sears yesterday for $25. I rented the game a while back and played through it in a few hours and had no desire to play it again, but for those who are interested, I figured I'd mention it.
Thanks. I'm going to stop by there tonight and see if I can find a copy.
Old 07-09-14, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

... still no HEAVENLY SWORD 2

Heavenly Sword Blu-ray

CinedigmCinedigm Entertainment will release on Blu-ray Gun Ho Jang's animated film Heavenly Sword (2014). Based on Sony Playstation's bestselling video game, Heavenly Sword will be available for purchase on September 2.

Synopsis: Nariko's clan has long protected the "Heavenly Sword," a god's blade of immense power whose curse drains the wielder of their life force. The evil King Bohan unleashes an army to steal the sword and control its devastating power. As the impending apocalypse nears, the beautiful Nariko must take up the sword to defend her clan, knowing the sword's deadly curse.

Special Features:
The Making of Heavenly Sword
Teaser Trailers

<iframe width="720" height="440" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4iZCfJhNYw4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=14439
Old 07-09-14, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well that was certainly unexpected (and rather ill-timed if there is still no sequel in the works for the game).

I like Alfred Molina but this feels so wrong without Andy Serkis as King Bohan.
Old 07-10-14, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thomas Jane
Old 07-10-14, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

Awesome that Anna Torv is back, that's all it needs.
Old 07-10-14, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Awesome. Maybe we will get a PS4 remaster.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.