Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official Wii Thread - Part VII

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-07, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Okay? DOes that not make it any less of a accomplishment? for a system that is supposedly a fad? When its outselling other games for other systems?
Guy, that was like two or three days ago?!?? It's number 21 now. Why is it priced at $109.99? I thought it was $89.99.
Old 10-08-07, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Apollo
Guy, that was like two or three days ago?!?? It's number 21 now. Why is it priced at $109.99? I thought it was $89.99.

Who said it was 89.99?
Old 10-08-07, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Pointless argument, since it's a multiplatform game, and it's the first Guitar Hero for Wii.

I'd just like to know at what point "hardcore gamer" became synonomous with the douchebags who scream obsenities at each other while playing first person shooters on Xbox live...as if first person shooters were the only serious genre. And if you don't have the latest iteration of eye-popping first-person blech, then you just have "nothing to play".

Honestly...

I love videogames, but since Halo, core gamers have gone completely in another direction from me.

Last edited by chess; 10-08-07 at 06:20 PM.
Old 10-08-07, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Who said it was 89.99?

Have a peek
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?...%5Fid=B230184A
Old 10-08-07, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Perhaps that's why it's dropped a bit on Amazon.
Old 10-08-07, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Apollo
It looks like Amazon sold out of the game at $89.99. The $109.99 price is from a different seller called Hubbagames.

Last edited by CreatureX; 10-08-07 at 06:49 PM.
Old 10-08-07, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If you are going to go with 89.99 might as well get it from red octane.
Old 10-08-07, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chess
Perhaps that's why it's dropped a bit on Amazon.

That must be it!
Old 10-08-07, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm calling bullshit. I'm so tired of hearing this elitist crap.

Off the top of my head:

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
Super Paper Mario
Mario Stikers: Charged
WarioWare Smooth Moves

And coming very soon:

Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Mario Galaxy

I'd put this list up against any console's first year...ANY console...EVER.
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess = Crap
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption = This is goodd, not a system seller
Resident Evil 4: = I can play it on a ps2
Super Paper Mario = forgettable
Mario Stikers = God if I see they same cut scene one more time I'll stab my eyes out.
WarioWare = this is fun but not a serious game I'd buy a system for.

And the ones coming soon aren't out yet so there is no point in owning a wii until then. I think Brawl will be the system seller but it ain't out yet. The last 5 games I bought for the ps2 are better than most of the WIIs current line up.
Old 10-08-07, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
Mario Stikers = God if I see they same cut scene one more time I'll stab my eyes out.

And the ones coming soon aren't out yet so there is no point in owning a wii until then. I think Brawl will be the system seller but it ain't out yet. The last 5 games I bought for the ps2 are better than most of the WIIs current line up.
Someone's cranky.

But seriously... why did you buy a Wii? If a Metroid, Zelda and a smattering of fun Mario games aren't your bag, what's the point?

Last edited by jdpatri; 10-08-07 at 09:14 PM.
Old 10-08-07, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anybody getting that MLB Power Brothers Game or whatever it's called?
Old 10-08-07, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm sure some minority of folks didn't dig it, but "Crap"? That's just silly.

Not a system seller? 1) The Wii hardly needs a system seller and 2) if it's good, it must qualify as "something to play", right?

No, you really can't. You can play a gimped version of the Cube one on PS2, if you want, but the Wii controls truly elevate this one to a new level.

Perhaps...still worth playing though.

OK...clearly you're irrational.

If it's fun, it's "worth playing"...right? Minigames aren't my thing either FWIW.

And the ones coming soon aren't out yet so there is no point in owning a wii until then. I think Brawl will be the system seller but it ain't out yet.
I'm not even all that excited about Brawl, which again illustrates...different strokes.

The last 5 games I bought for the ps2 are better than most of the WIIs current line up.
What about the PS2's FIRST year...or any other console for that matter?
Old 10-09-07, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by jdpatri
Someone's cranky.

But seriously... why did you buy a Wii? If a Metroid, Zelda and a smattering of fun Mario games aren't your bag, what's the point?
Well if stating whats on your mind is being cranky I guess everyone on this forum needs a nap.

I never said metroid, zelad and smattering of fun mario games aren't my bag. I said zelda TP was crap and said metroid 3 was a good, and also said I thought brawl would be system seller. I actually liked all the metroids and every zelda game except TP, which is the most over rated game to date. I also like most mario games. Just because I don't like the stickers doesn't mean I hate all mario games.

What I said is there is no point in owning a wii now. I bought one because one had a gamecube and two I'm sure they'll be some games I like sooner or later. Even if there are no games for it a good gamecube replacement.

You are reading more into my post than republican reads in a liberal newspaper. If you think the current games out are worth owning a wii for more power to you. No need to go all fanboy
Old 10-09-07, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd just like to know at what point "hardcore gamer" became synonomous with the douchebags who scream obsenities at each other while playing first person shooters on Xbox live...as if first person shooters were the only serious genre. And if you don't have the latest iteration of eye-popping first-person blech, then you just have "nothing to play".
November 9th, 2004 would be my guess.

I strongly agree with you, I've been saying it for at least a year now. The term "hardcore gamer" should really be "mainstream gamer" as it's usually used to indicate somebody whose gaming life revolves around the Frat Boy Combo: Halo, Grand Theft Auto and Madden (Microsoft's E3 presentation was heavily based on this platter).
Old 10-09-07, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What about the PS2's FIRST year...or any other console for that matter?

You make some good points and the games that I respect but you missed the point of my post. My point is simple the wii isn't worth owning now because none of the games currently out are not must haves. None of the other consoles were worth buying until they had the multiple must haves on each system.

hmmm I did say worth playing didn't I. Ok, I didn't mean they were worthless, I meant they weren't worth buying a WII for. Yeah, I write stupid things sometimes. Except Zelda which is worthless. I don't think I have ever been more disappointed in game than this. I guess I expected to much from it with all the good reviews.
Old 10-09-07, 08:33 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
What's with all this talk about a "system seller" for the Wii. It doesn't need a system seller at this point, they can't keep them on the shelves.
Old 10-09-07, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well if stating whats on your mind is being cranky I guess everyone on this forum needs a nap.

You are reading more into my post than republican reads in a liberal newspaper. If you think the current games out are worth owning a wii for more power to you. No need to go all fanboy
I do think everyone needs a nap.

I was just surprised you disliked Zelda and found Strikers, Metroid and Paper Mario to be ho hum. Whether you liked them or not, I just found it hard to believe you didn't think they were weren't good reasons to own a Wii. Just seemed a little extreme is all... mostly because general consensus swings hard in the other direction, my opinion -- or politics/fanboyism notwithstanding.

And I don't think most republicans read, they let Bill O'Reilly interpret liberal news and then read it to them in a condescending manner. Sheesh, you'd think I wasn't registered republican... nevermind I haven't voted republican... since, hell, I don't even remember. I voted Lynn Swann for PA governor. Does that count?

But I always vote Nintendo.
Old 10-09-07, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

How long did you play Zelda for, before you decided it was "crap"?
Old 10-09-07, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
November 9th, 2004 would be my guess.

I strongly agree with you, I've been saying it for at least a year now. The term "hardcore gamer" should really be "mainstream gamer" as it's usually used to indicate somebody whose gaming life revolves around the Frat Boy Combo: Halo, Grand Theft Auto and Madden (Microsoft's E3 presentation was heavily based on this platter).
By the same token i grow extremely tired of seeing every Halo fan characterized as this blood-thirsty grunt. People approach games for various reasons, some for the blood, some for the teamwork, some for the story, and some just for the experience.

I love online gaming. I also really enjoy quirky experiences... my most wanted game on the Wii (if i ever find and pull the trigger on one) is the Cooking Mama game. It is a neat idea that i have loved on the DS. I also got a huge kick out of the Tingle DS game and would love to see more Japanese games like that make it Stateside (without having to import).
Old 10-09-07, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by xmiyux
By the same token i grow extremely tired of seeing every Halo fan characterized as this blood-thirsty grunt. People approach games for various reasons, some for the blood, some for the teamwork, some for the story, and some just for the experience.
amen to that.
Old 10-09-07, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by xmiyux
I don't know if this is just in general or directed at me, but I didn't state that (at least not in this thread, hehe). I'm simply agreeing that a lot of noise you hear about "hardcore gamers" are simply the guys playing the popular titles the guys on MTV play. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just not "hardcore," in my opinion. I actually stood up for Halo last night to some anime knob and am throwing a Quake III LAN party next weekend, so I like the FPS (though I do think the average online player paints a horrible picture of gamers overall).
Old 10-09-07, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The wait will be easier once you realize there isn't anything great to play on it. Of coarse when brawl comes out that will probably change. That game looks hot like paris hilton would say.
Brawl? Meh. Out of all the Nov releases, thats probably the one I have no desire to play.

Twilight Princess isn't great? (EDIT: I see you later characterized it as CRAP.) TP is fantastic.

Last edited by CRM114; 10-09-07 at 02:34 PM.
Old 10-09-07, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Pointless argument, since it's a multiplatform game, and it's the first Guitar Hero for Wii.

Honestly...

I love videogames, but since Halo, core gamers have gone completely in another direction from me.
Total agreement.
Old 10-09-07, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by CRM114
Brawl? Meh. Out of all the Nov releases, thats probably the one I have no desire to play.
So I can put you down for a High School Musical: SING IT!
Old 10-09-07, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by jdpatri
So I can put you down for a High School Musical: SING IT!
I'm sure my daughter will want it.

Galaxy is the only game that matters for me at this point. Those fighting games don't do anything for me.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.