Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Twisted Metal (PS3)!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-11, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Twisted Metal (PS3)!!!!

Time to bump this up as the date is set for Valentines day Feb 14th. And another message from Jaffe himself.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Blors3h_1zQ?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Blors3h_1zQ?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

For those who don't want to watch that

Spoiler:
First printings will come with a voucher for Twisted Metal Black

Pushed me over the edge, I preordered.
Old 12-30-11, 07:20 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Jjp55M37ysc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 12-30-11, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts

Its sucks the game was pushed back, but if they take the time to make a great game everyone will be happy.
Old 12-30-11, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Its sucks the game was pushed back, but if they take the time to make a great game everyone will be happy.
Yeah, except the women who will be ignored because the men are busy with the game on Valentine's Day.
Old 02-01-12, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Free Demo is now available for download on the Playstation store. I got teach myself how to play Twisted Metal again, its been a long time.
Old 02-01-12, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Free Demo is now available for download on the Playstation store. I got teach myself how to play Twisted Metal again, its been a long time.
Too bad the MP is broken. Couldn't join one game. Would go to joining game and then "Matchmaking error". Every damn time.
Old 02-03-12, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm still in the process of relearning how to play the game. Didn't even hop on MP, because I knew it would be a slaughter. Played about 10 offline games before I finally started getting some kills going (oh, and figured out the controller)

The unlocking cars and XP elements definitely intrigue me, but I don't think I can drop $60 on it day one.
Old 02-08-12, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Wazootyman
I'm still in the process of relearning how to play the game. Didn't even hop on MP, because I knew it would be a slaughter. Played about 10 offline games before I finally started getting some kills going (oh, and figured out the controller)

The unlocking cars and XP elements definitely intrigue me, but I don't think I can drop $60 on it day one.
Glad to hear it's not just me - I have to relearn it too! I'm too busy having fun with the Starhawk beta (and business travel) to grab TM day one.
Old 02-08-12, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Why are the graphics so bad? For a next gen console and potential system seller it really looks underwhelming to me. Gameplay looks solid though.
Old 02-10-12, 04:17 PM

Is Twisted Metal Black exclusive to the limited edition, or has there been any word as to it being released on PSN and, if so, the cost?
Old 02-10-12, 06:24 PM

Ahhh twisted medal..those were the days...I remember buying the original PS and getting a demo disc with this game on it. I think I played that one level 700 times.
Old 02-10-12, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

Originally Posted by TLwizard
Is Twisted Metal Black exclusive to the limited edition, or has there been any word as to it being released on PSN and, if so, the cost?
I actually heard this question asked during the live stream on IGN with David Jaffe. He said as of now, there's no plan to release TMB as a stand-alone game, but he doesn't think that they went to all the trouble of coding it for the PS3 without plans to eventually sell it on PSN. That's all he said he knew.
Old 02-10-12, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Decker
I actually heard this question asked during the live stream on IGN with David Jaffe. He said as of now, there's no plan to release TMB as a stand-alone game, but he doesn't think that they went to all the trouble of coding it for the PS3 without plans to eventually sell it on PSN. That's all he said he knew.
Good to know! Thanks! Guess I'll keep my pre-order in place. Just saw that it also comes with a DLC Skin code for Starhawk.
Old 02-10-12, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

Any deals on this game at all?
Old 02-10-12, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Decker
Any deals on this game at all?
Well, "that site" had it mispriced at 29.99 two or three days ago, 20.99 with points. I didn't order, but apparently those who did had the wrong price honored.

The best deal I got was a gold box deal. Although gamestop is offering a $10 flower coupon with purchase.
Old 02-11-12, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2012...-a-real-truck/

Jaffe Stars in His Own F***ing Twisted Metal Ad, Lets You Remotely Shoot a Real Truck
02/09/2012 Written by Sebastian Moss

Most publishers would be scared to give the trouble-attracting Jaffe a podium to speak on, but not Sony. Like us, they love his potty mouthed craziness, and have indulged him with his very own Twisted Metal ad – that lets you remotely control a gun to shoot a real truck.

(Warning: As this is Jaffe, the following video and article contain swear words)

Watch as Jaffe unleashes a string of bullets into an icecream truck and swears like a trooper:

Fucking awesome right? What’s even more fucking fantastic is that you’ll be able to shoot the truck yourself in only 4 and a half days by signing up here. Fuck yeah!

Jaffe also revealed more details on Twitter:

And let’s be clear- it ain’t just bullets. They assure me there will be stuff that explodes and blows the hell up! Can’t wait!
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D4syhNxUQV8?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D4syhNxUQV8?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>
Old 02-12-12, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Will the Axel Download be available sometime later since a lot of places are promoting it with preordering the game?
Old 02-14-12, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Anyone pick this up yet? Thoughts?
Old 02-14-12, 04:56 PM

Will the Axel Download be available sometime later since a lot of places are promoting it with preordering the game?
I think the pre-order bonus is simply for free early access. I think it goes on sale in 30 days.
Old 02-15-12, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I picked it up yesterday. The few reviews I've seen say it's good but not great.

I enjoy it so far. It's Twisted Metal. It hasn't changed a whole lot since the first game. They didn't seem to take many chances in changing the game play.

I started Challenge mode. What I've seen so far is that it seems that it's You vs. Them and not truly a free for all. In all the games I played I killed every other car. It seems that everyone is gunning for you the entire time. In the few games I played I even saw two cars, standing next to each other and just trying to shoot me, like they were ganging up on me.

The maps are big so in a way it's good. I always know that an opponent is close by. However, it's also frustrating for obvious reasons.

I haven't got a chance to go online yet. I feel that'll be the bread and butter of this game.
Old 02-16-12, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have just started to play it, but II am confused by some of it. Are there only three characters who have stories to them? It feels like a lot of the game is for online play, which I haven't really gotten into yet. Has anyone downloaded TM black yet?
Old 03-05-12, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got Priest on Blu-Ray recently, inside it had an insert for a free downloadable Priest Car Skin for Twisted Metal. I got it used, so it is possible it was used as well. However, since not everybody who owns a blu-ray player would have a PS3, there is a coin flip chance I would imagine that it can be redeemed still.

So, first person to email me that is just not some random lurker gets the booty(code). But if it shows up as redeemed, well at least we tried .

Edit: Claimed

Last edited by Kedrix; 03-06-12 at 06:53 AM.