Reload this Page >

Left 4 Dead-8 Player Co-Op

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Left 4 Dead-8 Player Co-Op

Old 04-22-09, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Left 4 Dead-8 Player Co-Op

Just had a fun ass couple of survival games with K&A and had 6 min plus and a 5 1/2 min runs pretty fun.
Old 04-22-09, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't Valve say their record was lasting like 4 minutes? If so, impressive guys!
Old 04-22-09, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xmiyux
Didn't Valve say their record was lasting like 4 minutes? If so, impressive guys!
I tried it last night and if valve couldn't get past 4 minutes then they are terrible....
Old 04-22-09, 01:54 PM
Banned

Pretty sure Valve's time was between 9 and 10 minutes.
Old 04-22-09, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I had a couple of survival games where we were trying to fight off two tanks and four hunters.

Holy crap.
Old 04-22-09, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If anyone is on tonight, shoot me an invite.

Sorry Buzz, was on for a bit last night, and it looked like I just missed you! I'm back in the game, I swear!
Old 04-22-09, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,789 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Fuck Survival!!!!

We played on the Lighthouse map and got our asses handed to us like no one's business. Tanks within a minute of activating the pump, Tanks slapping us clean off the hill into water, Tanks respawning almost immediately after we kill them, as many as 3 or 4 Hunters at once, and no place to hide since Infected just bust through walls!! Granted they hook you up with plenty of ammo, health, and bombs but still...

We were wondering if we had it set on the hardest setting. Can you even set the difficulty in "Survival"?
Maybe the Lighthouse map isn't the best for this, I don't know.

Originally Posted by crazyronin
I had a couple of survival games where we were trying to fight off two tanks and four hunters.

Holy crap.
Ahah! So it wasn't my imagination! We had one guy with a Hunter on him and we went to save him and 2 more attacked us.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 04-22-09 at 04:35 PM.
Old 04-22-09, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry C.
Just had a fun ass couple of survival games with K&A and had 6 min plus and a 5 1/2 min runs pretty fun.
Yea that wasn't bad but if you're looking for something along GOW2 Horde...FORGET ABOUT IT!!!!

Tough as hell and done in no time. First several matches (random and friends) the average was a sucky 2:45 minutes!!. It just seems zombies move faster, smokers have extra range and accuracy and hunters can spring further. And Tanks can go everywhere but to handle "Two" is too much. Any member goes down or gets pulled away it's basically over.

But hey it's a blast and yea we got to the 6:25 mark in a unlikely spot. To bad it doesn't support (6) coop because that is what's needed. Be on later around 8 pm central.
Old 04-22-09, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Fuck Survival!!!!

We played on the Lighthouse map and got our asses handed to us like no one's business. Tanks within a minute of activating the pump, Tanks slapping us clean off the hill into water, Tanks respawning almost immediately after we kill them, as many as 3 or 4 Hunters at once, and no place to hide since Infected just bust through walls!! Granted they hook you up with plenty of ammo, health, and bombs but still...

We were wondering if we had it set on the hardest setting. Can you even set the difficulty in "Survival"?
Maybe the Lighthouse map isn't the best for this, I don't know.

Ahah! So it wasn't my imagination! We had one guy with a Hunter on him and we went to save him and 2 more attacked us.

Played "The Last Stand" this afternoon and (finally) got a 6 minute time. It's all in placement, melee and what the game decides to throw at you. The first time the group I was in played it, we barely cracked one minute. One of the party got tongued off the lighthouse to the roof when I shot the smoker. Immediately he got tongued off the roof by another smoker (which got shot by another player) at which point another smoker dragged him away. Then three hunters pounced the rest of us.

It did not end well.
Old 04-22-09, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

well crayronin, apparently I gotta play with dvdtalkers or I won't make it past 2:30

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Yea that wasn't bad but if you're looking for something along GOW2 Horde...FORGET ABOUT IT!!!!
yeah my only complaint about Survival on L4D is that there's no pacing or ramp up like in Horde. But I guess as I play things will become more manageable.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 04-22-09 at 06:53 PM.
Old 04-22-09, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,060 Likes on 642 Posts

Just got this game so if anyone needs another person to play, send me a friend request.
Old 04-22-09, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Don't forget that VALVe will probably nerf things a bit.
Old 04-23-09, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well I hooked up with a fellow DVD Talker last night who I'll not name for the time being. In his words this can be down right "demoralizing" if one can get just 2:45 out this over and over. This new L4D "Survival on Insane" mode apparently will cause serious anxiety and stress to those who are not accustom to such short demise and failure. In fact Anonymous DVD Talker had to leave and walk it off.

I ended up hooking up with the same bunch the night before and slowly we've worked our way to the astonding time of 12:56! It's like playing one of those war games on Veteran and just chopping away a little ground at-a-time. One could probably last a lot longer solo in GOW2 Horde on "insane".

But if you look at the World Leader Board you'll see times of 50 to 160 minutes! On the map we like (No-Mercy_Helicopter Pad) there are two from Korea who look like they have ties to MS/XP with times I cannot even understand...601 minutes!!!! So hang in there Marc and others...if some made it to 30-45 minutes and beyond we can to.

Last edited by K&AJones; 04-23-09 at 08:17 AM.
Old 04-23-09, 11:29 AM
Banned

I am just not used to that kind of sound defeat. I'll be back in I am sure, but like I said, I am so glad this was a free update. If I had spent money to be trounced like that, the experience would be even worse.
Old 04-23-09, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I tried this last night and go into a group where one of the players was using the rifle to shoot at us before the horde started ... He was also blasting the molotovs and tossing pipe bombs before the action started .. What a prick ...
Old 04-23-09, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by FusionX
I am just not used to that kind of sound defeat. I'll be back in I am sure, but like I said, I am so glad this was a free update. If I had spent money to be trounced like that, the experience would be even worse.
Ok, ok...lets grab Justin and one more for some Horde on the new GOW2 Snowblind Maps to get the new 50 ach. and that way you'll feel better. If there's any consolation I was the first getting killed last night in the other party. The Hunters pounced on me twice as much as the others combined. They even commented the Hunters had my number. So if you're up for Horde or even finishing UTIII in coop no problem.
Old 04-23-09, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by FusionX
I am just not used to that kind of sound defeat.
This
Old 04-23-09, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It definitely helps to have a team who all know what they're doing and all have mics.

I hopped into a game with a pair of froggies (one of whom spoke passable English.) It's amazing how "Hunter!", "Smoker!" and "Tank!!!" are a universal language. Our fourth was completely hopeless. All he cared about was killing zombies, never worrying about his team.

Unfortunately, this game really favors the griefers.
Old 04-24-09, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

For those that are getting annoyed and testy over the short duration of the survial mode I found this on the LFD Forum. You can take it for what it's worth but it may make sense. Check the world leader board and you'll see 45 and 60 minutes. There maybe some logic in this. They are commenting on a You-Tube one hour long video.

I see what the problem is.. Valve underestimated people.

It gradually gets harder untill around 15 minutes (where valve expected everyone to die).

After 15 minutes no more tanks seem to spawn and it turns into a normal Finale. Bassicaly once you reach 15 minutes you can last as long as your bordom allows you too.

Scores should get reset and it should be patched so that tanks spawn always.

EDIT: Its a demo MyNameDidntFit recorded ingame of them lasting on lighthouse for 1hour.

For those that cannot be bothered to watch it ill explain. They all start in the garage where the fuel pump is (where u start event) two of them camp on the boiler and the other 2 cover the windows and doors. They stay here untill around 12 minute mark then move indoors where they almost die to 2 tanks (maybe more , guy is boomered at this point).

After 15 minutes the entire game slows down and not half as much seems to spawn i stopped watching at 23 minutes or so because not alot was happening and it was no different to BH finale or NM finale on normal co-op.

In short - Get past the 15 minute mark (where valve thought everyone would die) and you can last as long as u want
Old 04-24-09, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

I joined Survivor and was bored immediately. People were so busy trying to get into "glitch" spots where they couldn't get hit instead of actually PLAYING the game, so I jumped into versus. I had no idea the new maps (I know, not technically new) were there and jumped right in. I haven't played single player in forever, so playing these maps again they felt completely new. It was great.
Old 04-24-09, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I know people were glitching way before this new download but I still wish they had left out the Leaderboard aspect.
Old 04-25-09, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

Yup, leaderboards suck. It just makes people look for ways to cheat all the more.
Old 04-25-09, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Well, I got with a team and we managed 4+ minutes on the Lighthouse level so i don't hate Survival as much as before.

I finally saw 2 Tanks at once.
Old 04-25-09, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I got a 12 minute run on Death Toll (?) Anyway it's the one with the alarm door. No glitching. I also got Man vs Tank on the same game. It appears that the Tank was stuck in the small room that the infected run out of and I had thrown a molotov in and the dumb bastard just sat there and got roasted.
Old 04-28-09, 06:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 95 Posts

Finally tried this last night with my friends. Oh my goodness - talk about difficult.

I think Lighthouse was the worse, but the crane level was also difficult. You almost pinned yourself in by staying inside the fence with the crane. As for the lighthouse I'm not sure there is any safe place!

I had a hunter jump straight up two stories and nab me while I was trying to shoot the stuck tank that was on fire. Then of course on another attempt we mostly blew ourselves up by having so many gas tanks around the perimeter.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.