Reload this Page >

Official General E3 2007 thread.

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 07-05-07, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please keep all E3 talk in here. I'll post news as I get it throughout the next couple weeks.

First Up - Namco's E3 lineup.

Below is additional information on NAMCO BANDAI Games’ E3 2007 lineup:

Ace Combat® 6: Fires of Liberation™

Release date: October 23, 2007

Platform: Xbox 360

Ace Combat 6 marks the debut of NAMCO BANDAI’s premiere flight action series on the Xbox 360 and is the most robust Ace Combat game to date. With photorealistic HD graphics, a massive selection of authentic licensed combat aircraft and new gameplay mechanics that let players control allied units across land, sea and air. Players can also engage in competitive and cooperative online dog-fighting for the first time in the series’ history via Xbox LIVE™.

Beautiful Katamari™

Release date: Fall 2007

The King of All Cosmos, the Prince and all his cousins are back, making their debut in high definition on the Xbox 360 in an all-new wacky adventure. With new mission types, cousins, online multiplayer support for up to four friends via Xbox Live and the series’ timeless rolling gameplay, it’s the most outlandish Katamari adventure yet!

Culdcept™ SAGA

Release date Q1 2008

The strategy of board games and depth of collectible card games come together on the Xbox 360 with Culdcept SAGA. Build your own custom deck from nearly 500 unique cards, amass territory and engage the enemy to bring peace to your war-weary homeland. Players can also customize their characters and put their custom decks to the test in massive four player online clashes.

Digimon World®: Dawn/ Digimon World®: Dusk

Platform: Nintendo DS

Parallel games with intertwining storylines, Digimon World: Dawn and Digimon World: Dusk immerse players in the Digital World on a quest to fight a dangerous virus. Both games are packed with more than 400 different Digimon across eight distinct species for players to capture, train and evolve. Furthermore, rare Digimon can only be found in each respective version of the game. Featuring full online play via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, players will be able to trade and battle their unique Digimon teams against others from around the world.

Digimon World® Data Squad™

Platform: PlayStation 2 system

Collect, train and evolve more than 140 Digimon in Digimon World Data Squad, an original role playing game based on the upcoming Digimon Data Squad animated series. With new cel-shaded graphics, a memorable storyline and voice acting by the cast of the animated series, players can get up close and personal to their favorite Digimon like never before!

Dynasty Warriors®:GUNDAM®

Release date: Summer 2007

Platform: Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3 system

Dynasty Warriors:GUNDAM combines the strategic fast-paced action of KOEI’s Dynasty Warriors series with the rich heritage and futuristic storyline of the GUNDAM universe to create an entirely original gaming experience. Thrusting players into massive battles with hundreds of Mobile Suits battling for the fate of the galaxy, the game delivers intense combat on land and in outer space on a massive scale. Players will be able to customize their Mobile Suit and experience storylines straight from GUNDAM lore as they attempt to turn the tides of battle against impossible odds.

Eternal Sonata™

Release date: September 2007

Delivering an epic storyline and RPG gameplay to the Xbox 360, Eternal Sonata allows players to become part of a dream world envisioned during the final three hours of world-famous music composer Frederic Chopin’s life. With a constantly evolving environment, a majestic classical music score, breathtaking cel-shaded graphics and an innovative battle system that supports up to three players, the RPG genre takes the leap to the next generation with this incredible game.

.hack®//G.U.™ Vol. 3: Redemption™

The thrilling G.U. trilogy comes to a close in .hack//G.U. Vol. 3: Redemption, as players learn the truth behind “The World” and Haseo’s ultimate sacrifice to save the real world from the grasp of evil. Evolving the series’ action-RPG gameplay, Vol. 3 lets players customize their party with 22 unique characters, transform their avatars into new forms for even more destructive power, enhance their steam bikes and investigate the mysteries hidden deep within massive new dungeons.

Namco Museum™ DS

Platform: Nintendo DS

Namco Museum DS delivers seven all-time arcade classics to the Nintendo DS – no quarters required! Featuring arcade-perfect renditions of Pac-Man®, Galaga®, Xevious®, Dig Dug® II, Galaxian®, Mappy® and Tower of Druaga®, and the handheld debut of the critically acclaimed Pac-Man® Vs. with wireless multiplayer support, there’s something for every gamer in this timeless compilation.

Namco Museum™ REMIX

Release date: Q4 2007

Platform: Wii

The ultimate cure for gaming nostalgia, Namco Museum REMIX gives gamers a dose of classic gaming with nine arcade hits and five remixed classics. Choose from original versions of arcade hits Galaxian®, Dig Dug®, Mappy®, Xevious®, Gaplus™, Super PAC-MAN®, Pac & Pal™, Pac-Mania® and Cutie Q™ or put your Wii Remote to the test with all new 3D versions of Pac’n Roll®, Galaga®, Pac-Motos™, Rally-X® and Gator Panic®.

NARUTO™: Ultimate Ninja Heroes™

Release date: August 28, 2007

Platform: PSP system

Based on the hit animated series SHONEN JUMP™ NARUTO™ from VIZ Media, the rich NARUTO universe is at your fingertips with NARUTO: Ultimate Ninja Heroes, as players assemble a team of fighters and battle for ninja supremacy with 20 recognizable characters. Developed exclusively for North America and Europe, experience 3-on-3 team-based gameplay for the first time in the series on the PSP system and upgrade your warriors to create the ultimate fighting force! Create combinations of characters to unlock hidden teams with new and powerful special abilities, rewarding players with unique skills that may help them become the ultimate ninja hero.

NARUTO™: Uzumaki Chronicles™ 2

Release date: September 2007

Boasting an exciting new storyline, extensive multiplayer cooperative gameplay, multiplayer versus battles and a greatly expanded array of playable characters, NARUTO: Uzumaki Chronicles 2 builds upon the success of its predecessor to deliver an original adventure with more advanced action adventure gameplay superior to its predecessor in every way. Naruto and his allies will face different challenges as they try to unravel the mystery of the Shirogane clan and their nefarious army of “puppet walkers.” Players can expect action-packed ninjutsu missions as well as the chance to explore intriguing locations across the world of Naruto beautifully rendered in 3D anime style.

Smash Court Tennis® 3

Release date: July 10, 2007

Take center court with Smash Court Tennis 3! Go head to head against 16 licensed tennis greats such as Maria Sharapova and Roger Federer in intense and realistic tennis matches. Customize the look of your player and learn new skills as you progress through the game’s Pro Tour mode, or put individual skills to the test in unique mini-games such as Bomb Tennis and Pac-Man Tennis.

SOULCALIBUR Legends™

The unparalleled weapon-based fighting series redefines itself on the Wii with SOULCALIBUR Legends, an original action-adventure that lets players battle around the world to unify the pieces of the cursed sword, Soul Edge. Bringing unprecedented combat depth to the genre, this tale of souls and swords burns with upgradeable weapons, a variety of playable characters as well as competitive and cooperative multiplayer modes.

Space Station Tycoon™

Release date: Q3 2007

Put your entrepreneurial skills to the test with Space Station Tycoon! Build an intergalactic business from the ground up while managing the desires of a wacky group of space castoffs. Using the Wii Remote, create gravity points and easily expand your space station, or work together with a friend to run the competition into the ground.

Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology™

Release date: July 2007

The beloved Tales series arrives on the PSP system with an all-new storyline that reunites 19 characters from previous games in the series. Players can customize their character and take on 300 unique quests as they explore a massive colorful world and engage in thrilling real-time battles.

Time Crisis® 4

Platform: PLAYSTATION 3 system

The definitive arcade shooting franchise arrives on the PLAYSTATION 3 system with Time Crisis 4. Featuring the all-new Guncon®3 peripheral with two analog sticks and six buttons, players will be able to take aim like never before, blasting enemies with a new arsenal of firearms and selecting different paths through each level. Packed with new ways to play including a fully interactive FPS mode and tactical Crisis Missions, Time Crisis 4 launches the genre out of the arcade and into the next generation.
Old 07-05-07, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm anxious to see what that flight stick will look like for the new Ace Combat game. If its as amazing as it sounds, that will be a no brainer
Old 07-05-07, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If Ace Combat's online MP is good, then I am most likely going to get it.

I hope they fix all the bugs in Culdcept Saga for the US release. And Eternal Sonata is a definite too, the demo sold me.
Old 07-05-07, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 249 Likes on 186 Posts
damn. Didn't we have a whole forum last year?
Old 07-05-07, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Yup and specific threads for each of the companies. That was fun. Gamespot is again going to offer free live video feeds for at least the major conferences: http://e3.gamespot.com/live.html?tag=event_nav;live
Old 07-05-07, 01:36 PM

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Beautiful Katamari™
I imagine there'll be some sort of announcement around the supposed Wii version of this.
Old 07-05-07, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Yeah we did. But there was so much whining about having to click through to a different forum that we cut it. Perhaps as the shows commence, it'll be wiser to keep this one as a general E3 thread, and for each major conference (Sony, MSFT, Nintendo) have a thread.
Old 07-05-07, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just hope I get my 360 back before then.....which I know I won't since I have YET to send it in. Grrrrrrr......oh well, hopefully the demos and cool stuff stay around on the Marketplace for a bit
Old 07-05-07, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by KurrptSenate
I'm anxious to see what that flight stick will look like for the new Ace Combat game. If its as amazing as it sounds, that will be a no brainer
This pic was posted on teamxbox.

flight stick
Old 07-05-07, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
Perhaps as the shows commence, it'll be wiser to keep this one as a general E3 thread, and for each major conference (Sony, MSFT, Nintendo) have a thread.
That would probably be best.
Old 07-05-07, 03:16 PM
Banned

3D Realms is going to steal the show with a playable Duke Nukem Forever.

Spoiler:
Old 07-05-07, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 150 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
The definitive arcade shooting franchise arrives on the PLAYSTATION 3 system with Time Crisis 4. Featuring the all-new Guncon®3 peripheral with two analog sticks and six buttons.
I would have to assume that this will be compatible with HD sets, whether rear projection or LCD and Plasma TVs?
Old 07-05-07, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PerryD
I would have to assume that this will be compatible with HD sets, whether rear projection or LCD and Plasma TVs?
Yes, via a Wii-like sensor, I believe.
Old 07-05-07, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I posted this in the PS3 thread, but I'm assuming if it is a price drop, Sony will be announcing it at E3. I hope it is true and Microsoft knows about it and pre-emptively announces a 360 price cut Tuesday night.

Did speedy and CC's 7/15 ad just break the lid off a $100 PS3 price cut that Sony hasn't announced yet? http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=505548

GAMERS / MOVIE AFFICIANADOS: Please note $100 Price Break on Playstation 3 Game System which brings the price down to $499.99 // Remember that you can get 5 free Blu-Ray DVDs with purchase of any Blu-Ray Player / Game system by going here: http://www.bluraysavings.com/
Old 07-05-07, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Interesting.
Old 07-05-07, 06:00 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by pinata242
I hope it is true and Microsoft knows about it and pre-emptively announces a 360 price cut Tuesday night.

I hope so too. I want to get another 360.
Old 07-05-07, 06:36 PM

PS3 - $499 starting July 15th

Link

Dont forget - 5 free bluray movies at bluraysavings.com
Old 07-05-07, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So GameDaily confirms a July 12th price cut - the day after Sony's E3 press conference: http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=16721

Time to step up, Microsoft!
Old 07-06-07, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

On this week's On the Spot (Gamespot's video podcast), they showed off Ace Combat 6 and announced that the demo will hit Live next week to coincide with E3.
Old 07-06-07, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts
I'll be there next week! Unfortunately i probably won't get a chance to run around and play since it's spread across 2 hotels and a hanger.
Old 07-07-07, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Well after reading a story over at Gamespot this years E3 may be far less monumental than last years. There has been major changes and how E3 has been scaled down by almost 70%. There were 400 exhibitors and 60K attendees last year. This year they're saying 36 companies and 5K "invited" guests.

In fact allot of publishers and retail (EB and Best Buy) have opted out both voluntary and un-voluntary. I think there will be some "wow" stuff but not like in the past. I mean on the 360 side we already have a good idea of what's coming later on thru the reat of the year and most have a list in hand. You know the list...Halo 3, Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Unreal 3, COD 4, and Medal of Honor: Airborne

What I hope to hear and see is some hidden gems or darkhorse games that could get on that must get list. From what I've seen a bit of those include...Ace Combat 6, End War, Area 51, Too Human, Stranglehold, Fallout 3, Dark Sector, Timeshift, Turning Point: Fall of Liberty, Sega Rally: Revo, Army of Two, Turok and Conan. All-inall for 360 owners we have allot to look forward to this year. So many choices only time and $$$ stand in our way.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6173765...stnews;title;0

Kenny J - Buzz Starhopper

Last edited by K&AJones; 07-07-07 at 10:42 AM.
Old 07-07-07, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

BTW, G4 is also having live coverage of the big 3 conferences. I already have the DVR set, just in case. But I should be able to watch the Microsoft one live at 10:30pm CDT. I'm taking off Wednesday to take my daughter to see Harry Potter in the afternoon, so I'll make a point to watch Nintendo live at 11:00am and check out Sony's 12:30pm one later in the evening.
Old 07-09-07, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I wonder what Sony's going to do now that their big announcement was leaked?
Old 07-09-07, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by PixyJunket
I wonder what Sony's going to do now that their big announcement was leaked?
Regardless of the system price drop, their focus needs to be games. That's the main thing that is keeping the PS3 from selling. I want to see a lot more info on:

-Lair
-SOCOM
-R&C
-Uncharted
-Heavenly Sword
-any worthwhile RPG
Old 07-09-07, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by noonan4224
..their focus needs to be games.
I agree (and said as much in my speculation thread). Sadly, none of the titles you've listed hold any interest to me. The only announced PS3 game I've got my eye on, Final Fantasy XIII Versus, is years away.

Speaking of.. I wonder if Square-Enix will announce Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+ for a US release. I've barely touched my import copy, so if they do I'll have to eBay it right away before the value disintegrates.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.