Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Video game podcasts

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-07, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I listened to an episode of the Game Theory podcast and it was pretty good. A little more intellectual but not filled with academic-speak. It clocks in at like 30-45 minutes so it is a shorter one.
Old 11-16-07, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I listened to a Team Fremont Live podcast (11/9) today and it wasn't too bad. It seems like it comes out Fridays so I'll pick it up for weekend listening with 1UpYours. I also grabbed the latest GAMERadio but haven't got around to listening to it yet, although it seems like its been a while since they've had a new episode.
Old 11-18-07, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Listened to this weeks 1up at work last night and I have to say it was a pretty good episode. No really irritating nonsense this week (outside of the norm) and some interesting topics were covered. I really liked the talk about Rock Band/Guitar Hero/earlier Beatmania(or whatever they're called) games.

GFW was awesome as always.
Old 11-18-07, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
forgot about COIN-OP TV

heeeeeey I know we don't have the marketing dollars of a 1up or ign - but ya'll forgot about COIN-OP TV - a video podcast and weekly live show on the video gaming industry, people and events!

http://www.coin-op.tv
and
COIN-OP TV LIVE

look forward to comments

-R
Old 11-20-07, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dtcarson
I've started listening to all the Gamercast Network podcasts except Podtacular (I like Halo, but I'm not *that* into it) and GamerTagRadio (for the same reasons as Michael Corvin, except I'm not hugely into the interviews). The others are all great, although I'm not sure why there have been 2 "best of" clipshows out of 15 total episodes of SarcasticGamer.
Thx for the suggestion...some good shows in there.

I unsubbed from The Wiire. First, I'm not playing that much Wii anymore, second, I'm sick of hearing about Brawl.
I think I just hit my last straw with those clowns too. Honestly...you're running a Wii show, and the week Mario Galaxy comes out, you spend about 2 minutes talking about it and 40 minutes talking about every morsel of info about Brawl that came out. Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

Two of my favorite shows, Team Freemont and GameTheory, both captured the magic that is Galaxy better than the Wiire guys did. Shane f'ing Bettenhousen, admitted Sony cocksucker, talked more about Galaxy than the Wiire guys did. Amazing.

They have one more week, and if they spend more than 5 minutes on Brawl, I'm done.

Listening to Team Freemont right now..."You can preorder my balls"...awesome.

Last edited by chess; 11-20-07 at 10:31 PM.
Old 11-20-07, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

However many sony cocks he might suck, Shane sure loves the new mario game!
Old 11-20-07, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Chris_D
However many sony cocks he might suck, Shane sure loves the new mario game!
I don't see how anybody who's played Galaxy...even somebody like Shane...could not be completely in love with it.

Yet the guys who own the only Wii dedicated podcast I'm aware of just totally glossed over it in favor of yet more Brawl "news".
Old 11-20-07, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well sometimes I wonder, I mean on the surface he is totally a Sony fanboy, always backing Sony in any sort of argument vs Nintendo or MS, to the point of absolute futility. But when it comes down to it, I hear him go most gaga over games with Mario (also see Retronauts Mario podcast), and the 2D Castlevanias, which are hardly Sony stalwarts. I mean he doesn't even really like FPS and driving games which are some of the better PS3 games right now.

Weird.
Old 11-29-07, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm doubting it, but are there any video podcasts with a strong PS2/PS3 focus?

Edit: This makes sense: I found that PSM has a video podcast.

Correction: Whoops, there hasn't been one since February. Back to square 1.

Last edited by Chew; 11-29-07 at 12:17 PM.
Old 11-29-07, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

1 Up Yours - just listen to Shane.
Old 11-29-07, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I figure I would post it here since it will relate to the podcast by Gamespot if it is true.

Rumor is that Jeff Gerstmann was fired from Gamespot for his Kane and Lynch review after pressure from Eidos.

Kotaku.com
Old 11-30-07, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Wow. I hop that isn't true.
Old 11-30-07, 04:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What? If it's true I would be amazed as Jeff is so much of Gamespot.

Last edited by boredsilly; 11-30-07 at 04:41 AM.
Old 11-30-07, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
I just read the review. It doesn't read like a 6.0 review, and nothing worth firing over. Maybe it was a case of looking for a reason to fire him and this became it.
Old 11-30-07, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
He is fired, but don't know for sure that it was over the review, though they did remove his video review and all of the Kane and Lynch ads today.

If it turns out to be over his honest review of that game, I won't be listening to the Hotspot any more.
Old 12-03-07, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hotspot...deleted.

But it's not a total loss. Started listening to a couple of the Gamercast podcasts, and they're really good.

UncleGamer seems like a very sensible adult gamer with a nice even tone

Sarcastic Gamer is just hilarious...they talk about games a bit, but their antics are the real draw.

Both are keepers and highly recommended.
Old 12-03-07, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by chess
Hotspot...deleted.

But it's not a total loss. Started listening to a couple of the Gamercast podcasts, and they're really good.

UncleGamer seems like a very sensible adult gamer with a nice even tone

Sarcastic Gamer is just hilarious...they talk about games a bit, but their antics are the real draw.

Both are keepers and highly recommended.
I think one of the guys from Uncle Gamer is a regular poster on Tivo Community if you ever visit there and hop in there 360 thread.
Old 12-04-07, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
Even if the termination had nothing to do with the review, it was incredibly poor timing.
* Lots of ad dollars spent.
* "Negative" review comes out.
* Advertising removed.
* Reviews removed.
* Reviewer seeking other employment.
Unless there's some real bad stuff between the lines we can't see, most people would only draw one conclusion. And that's a bad, scary precedent for any game review site and gaming in general.
You would think that any real business/magazine/site would have in any advertising contract, "Your spending of ad dollars is entirely separate from our editorial content, reviews are the opinions of the reviewer only, etc".
UncleGamer's pretty cool, I like their style.
ShortAttentionGamer only has one more episode . They were published inconsistently toward the end, and like Sarcastic Gamer a lot of the appeal was their personalities and interactions, but I liked them.
Old 12-05-07, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Even though I like some of the people who will probably stay at Gamespot, and they're innocent (the reviewers) in this, I don't know if I can bring myself to listen to that show anymore. I'm going to listen to the next ep just to see if they talk about Jeff, it's kind of hard to ignore.
Old 12-05-07, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Not me. I dumped it and already filled the void with Game Theory. Listened to a couple of those yesterday. Solid show.
Old 12-05-07, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Michael, I hear you. Just a heads up this weeks show is about Jeff, just in case you want to get those guy's take on what happened.

But yeah, I think this will be my last ep.
Old 12-05-07, 08:08 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Not me. I dumped it and already filled the void with Game Theory. Listened to a couple of those yesterday. Solid show.
What is that one like?
I've been listening to a few different audio and video podcasts lately.
I caught one video episode of Broken Pixels. It was 3 guys playing a really bad game and making fun of it. Kind of funny to watch in a sophomoric kind of way.
Old 12-05-07, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Vryce
What is that one like?
It seems more in depth than everything else. Devoting a chunk of time to a few topics instead of trying to cover everything (now playing, releases, reviews, news, etc) like every other podcast out there.

The recent one tackled the Gerstmann fallout, the Activision-Blizzard merger and a few other things. There was an interview with the CEO of Play 'N Trade, a new-ish game retailer offering a different experience than Gamestop. Really interesting. The description in iTunes is "Intelligent, mature game discussion," which seems to be the case. Not a whole lot of joking going on.

Here's a link to their site: Game Theory Show which has episode descriptions.
Old 12-05-07, 08:34 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Thanks. I'll have to check out a recent episode and if I like it, add it to my mix.
Old 12-05-07, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Vryce
What is that one like?
I've been listening to a few different audio and video podcasts lately.
I caught one video episode of Broken Pixels. It was 3 guys playing a really bad game and making fun of it. Kind of funny to watch in a sophomoric kind of way.
Game Theory is pretty good. A little bit of academic discussion on games that i completely dig (without being so theoretic you feel like you are in a college course). It is now the only other gaming podcast i listen to other than 1Up Yours.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.