Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Video game podcasts

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-08, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boredsilly
This weeks GFW was great. The Anthony asking out the game-girl story had me in stitches! As did the Dolphin noises. I love this show.
Agreed, I was listening at work on my headphones, and I had to turn it off when they were talking about him jumping out of the trash can, because I was laughing too hard. I also found the MGS4 discussion interesting, even though I haven't played it yet.
Old 06-21-08, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I listen to this stuff religiously for some reason...

Favorites are:

1Up Yours
Sarcastic Gamer
Videogame Show
Game Theory
GameRadio
Team Fremont Live
Broadcast Gamer
Podtoid
Joystiq
Podcast Beyond and GameScoop (IGN)
Old 06-21-08, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just started listening to Blazing Prattles. It is the podcast from probably my second favorite videogame website: crispygamer.com

I've just listened to the 13th episode and it was ok. I'll have to look into the older episodes as well.

It does seem like it updates kind of rarely though.
Old 09-07-08, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jeff Green is leaving 1up, but more importantly his duties on GFW Radio aka The Brodeo? Consider me heartbroken. Good for him on his new job, but I'm really going to miss his presence on GFW.
Old 09-07-08, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
I'm not a PC guy but I always enjoyed Jeff Green on the other podcasts from time to time. Where's he going?
Old 09-08-08, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I'm not a PC guy but I always enjoyed Jeff Green on the other podcasts from time to time. Where's he going?
He's going to work on The Sims at EA. It's a sad day for me, GFW was by far the best gaming podcast, things just won't be the same without him. I think once they shut down GFW magazine it was only a matter of time, I got the impression that his heart was in producing the magazine.

Also I can't stress enough, you don't need to be a pc guy to enjoy GFW radio. They talk about console games all the time (devoted nearly entire episodes to game like MGS4 and GTA IV), almost as much as pc games, and the podcast is genuinely funny. It just makes it that much harder that Jeff Green is leaving.
Old 09-08-08, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I liked that podcast too (GFW). I can't see Jeff working on The Sims, he doesn't seem the kind of person/gamer that would enjoy working with the Sims.

Not that there's anything wrong with The Sims...
Old 09-08-08, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think he could be working on other Sim projects too.
Old 09-08-08, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by msdmoney
He's going to work on The Sims at EA. It's a sad day for me, GFW was by far the best gaming podcast, things just won't be the same without him. I think once they shut down GFW magazine it was only a matter of time, I got the impression that his heart was in producing the magazine.

Also I can't stress enough, you don't need to be a pc guy to enjoy GFW radio. They talk about console games all the time (devoted nearly entire episodes to game like MGS4 and GTA IV), almost as much as pc games, and the podcast is genuinely funny. It just makes it that much harder that Jeff Green is leaving.
Wow, I didn't know anything about him leaving. I listen to podcasts very regularly on the work commute, and GFW was easily my fav as well. Heck, I was even scrambling this morn to download last Wednesday's podcast (It looks like they don't have one from last week; dunno if it is Green-related).

Anyhoo, I wish him the best of luck - he was also my favorite podcaster and I loved his ol' Greenspeak column from back in the print days.
Old 09-08-08, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Chris_D
I think he could be working on other Sim projects too.
Yeah, it's anything that falls under the "Sim" label.

On the latest 1Up Yours he talks about how he was briefly up for a PR-type position at EA; how great would that have been?
Old 09-08-08, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Jeff Green is leaving 1up, but more importantly his duties on GFW Radio aka The Brodeo? Consider me heartbroken. Good for him on his new job, but I'm really going to miss his presence on GFW.
My favorite 1UP podcast. Sucks that Ziff Davis is going down the tubes and losing everyone so quickly. They had a great cast for their podcasts, but so many like Luke, Brian and Jeff continue to leave. This will only leave Shawn and Ryan (who never speaks) as part of the original GFW team. I just hope Jeremy sticks around or Retronauts will be lost as well.
Old 09-08-08, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

He's going to work on The Sims at EA. It's a sad day for me, GFW was by far the best gaming podcast, things just won't be the same without him.
Yeah, they definitely won't. His Dad-like presence brought a lot of balance to the show, much like John Davidson's did for 1up Yours. Still, I think GFW is in good hands with Shawn Elliot, Chuff Love, Ryan Scott, and the other guy (i think) David Ellis? I'm curious to see what changes the show takes in the coming months, .

By the by I think it's only a matter of time before Shawn Elliot goes to the development side of things too. He's a weird one because he has a really juvenile sense of humor (that cracks my shit up), but he is also really bright and seems to know his stuff about game design. I could easily see him taking a job at a place like Valve if the opportunity presented itself.
Old 09-08-08, 03:14 PM

Yeah, they definitely won't. His Dad-like presence brought a lot of balance to the show, much like John Davidson's did for 1up Yours. Still, I think GFW is in good hands with Shawn Elliot, Chuff Love, Ryan Scott, and the other guy (i think) David Ellis? I'm curious to see what changes the show takes in the coming months, .

By the by I think it's only a matter of time before Shawn Elliot goes to the development side of things too. He's a weird one because he has a really juvenile sense of humor (that cracks my shit up), but he is also really bright and seems to know his stuff about game design. I could easily see him taking a job at a place like Valve if the opportunity presented itself.
Well, John Davison is still an "unofficial" regular with 1upYours; I wish Green could be the same with GFW, but that whole conflict-of-interest thing may get in the way. And the fact that EA may want him to work and stuff ...
Old 09-08-08, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm sure we'll hear from Jeff Green every once in a while. He would occasionally show up on other podcasts like Gamers with Jobs while working at 1up. I'll really miss Jeff Green. I seem to identify with older people like Jeff than the younger gamers who are all about graphics and hype. Jeff Green really made me laugh and I even joined Jeff Green's World of Warcraft guild mentioned in the Legendary Thread podcast.

First tech tv goes and now 1up is basically falling apart. I will officially stop listening to the 1up yours when/if Garnett Lee leaves and will stop GFW when Sean Elliot leaves. Garnett Lee seems to be going for some sort of job at Revision 3 with how he always guest hosts when Veronica is out.
Old 09-10-08, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Now that I am finally getting a PS3 (currently have just the Wii) I think I'll start checking out more of these, starting with 1UP yours and GFW Radio. Previously I only listened to 2old2play.com's "2old2type Radio" podcast (not just because my brother is one of the hosts, it is actually a pretty entertaining show).

Thanks for all the tips, now I'll get nothing done. ;-)

Last edited by Brett; 09-10-08 at 07:09 PM.
Old 09-17-08, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

By the by I think it's only a matter of time before Shawn Elliot goes to the development side of things too.
Welp, that was fast. That, or he's playing a rib on everyone.

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=...UserId=4551247

Shit.
Old 09-17-08, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Welp, that was fast. That, or he's playing a rib on everyone.

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=...UserId=4551247

Shit.
I'm hoping it's all an elaborate joke; a result of people prediciting he would leave for quite a while. If it isn't, this sucks, Shawn and Jeff were my two favorite 1up personalities, really the only perspectives in games podcasts that I felt reflected my own. I'm not quite sure what will happen with GFW radio.
Old 09-17-08, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm hoping it's all an elaborate joke; a result of people prediciting he would leave for quite a while. If it isn't, this sucks, Shawn and Jeff were my two favorite 1up personalities, really the only perspectives in games podcasts that I felt reflected my own. I'm not quite sure what will happen with GFW radio.
Seconded on all accounts. Those dudes cry wolf so many times that you never know when it's the real deal anyway. Which makes everything all the more depressing.
Old 09-18-08, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The podcast is up now. I'm gonna listen to it, but seems like not a joke at this point. urggh...
Old 09-18-08, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Pretty sure it's all a joke. If the podcast would download a little faster, I'd know for sure by now.
Old 09-18-08, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
Pretty sure it's all a joke. If the podcast would download a little faster, I'd know for sure by now.
Spoiler:
They initially play Shawn's departure off as a joke, but later on they indicate that it's actually true. He's going to 2K Boston (Bioshock developers), unless this is a REALLY elaborate ruse.

Old 09-18-08, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Anyone needing a Jeff Green fix can check out the latest Gamers With Jobs podcast. He was a guest host for the whole episode.
Old 09-18-08, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Anyone needing a Jeff Green fix can check out the latest Gamers With Jobs podcast. He was a guest host for the whole episode.
Awesome! Thanks for the heads up! I will certainly miss Jeff at 1UP.
Old 09-18-08, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The podcast download isn't working for me for some reason, oh well .
Old 09-18-08, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Which podcast?

I'll never understand why people just don't use iTunes to manage everything. The only podcast I don't manage in iTunes is Smodcast, but that's only because they run a week behind vs. just grabbing it off the site.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.