Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Marvel UA Question: "Action Figures"?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-07, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Marvel UA Question: "Action Figures"?

I'm playing through Marvel UA on Easy and I've stumbled across a couple of "action figures" (1/5 of Daredevil and 1/5 Black Panther so far). I'm avoiding flipping though the Brady Games guide for answers as I'm trying to avoid spoilers so hoping someone here can tell me how to access pics of these "figures" from the menus.
Old 03-25-07, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
These action figures are Easter Eggs of sorts. If you pick up 5 of the same figure, then it unlocks that character as playable. I don't believe you can actually view the figures in the menus anywhere.
Old 03-25-07, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black Panther ended up as one of my most-played characters, so it's worth finding the figures to see if you like the character.

Anyone else excited about the new characters coming? I am, but do not think the price is justified. We should be getting more game/levels for that price, not just characters and achievements:
http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/news/?id=15577

I'll likely be a sucker and bite though.
Old 03-25-07, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

WOW! That is awesome news!! My brother and I played through this game and talked about how awesome it would be to have more characters to choose from. Too bad there's still no Gambit or Punisher but Venom, Hulk and Nightcrawler is pretty effin awesome! Can't wait for that!
Old 03-25-07, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts
Definately looking forward to those characters. I've never paid for download content before, but that's pretty cool even if there aren't any extra levels with it. For God's sake, how hard would it have been to at least give us comic missions for every character?
Old 03-25-07, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
WOW! That is awesome news!! My brother and I played through this game and talked about how awesome it would be to have more characters to choose from. Too bad there's still no Gambit or Punisher but Venom, Hulk and Nightcrawler is pretty effin awesome! Can't wait for that!
Nightcrawler was easily my favorite character in the X-Men Legends games. I tried to find the same love with the teleporters in Ultimate Alliance, but somehow it wasn't the same, so I am definately looking forward to him the most.

If I get this, I will likely try and convince some friends to do some co-op at my house a couple nights to go through it again.
Old 03-25-07, 08:23 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
I wonder what new teams the downloads will give us? One obvious one is Hulk/Wolverine/Spider-Man/Ghost Rider as the New Fantastic Four (from the Walt Simonson/Arthur Adams story of 15 or so years ago).

Hulk/Dr. Strange/Iceman/Hawkeye could be the Defenders, although Hawkeye was only on the team for one story arc and Iceman wasn't on the team at the same time as any of the others.

Oh my god -- I've lapsed into Nerd talk, haven't I?
Old 03-25-07, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Shagrath
These action figures are Easter Eggs of sorts. If you pick up 5 of the same figure, then it unlocks that character as playable. I don't believe you can actually view the figures in the menus anywhere.
Ah, makes sense. Just found a couple more in chapter 2, but the things are so freakin' small I've probably missed a couple already. (And I'm playing on a 42" HD.)
Old 03-25-07, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm pretty sure 1 Daredevil and 1 Black Panther per Chapter. I could be wrong though. They aren't very hard to find. I didn't have to look them up.
Old 03-26-07, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by TimeandTide
Ah, makes sense. Just found a couple more in chapter 2, but the things are so freakin' small I've probably missed a couple already. (And I'm playing on a 42" HD.)
I've never seen one and I play on the same monitor as you. I just stumble across them. Can you actually see them? What's really frustrating is I have 4 Black Panthers and 4 Daredevels but can't get those last ones...
Old 03-26-07, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I missed a few and had to use a guide from GameFaqs to help me find the ones I missed. It's really easy to miss them.
Old 03-26-07, 04:32 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
Edited to add: For those other than the OP who wants the locations....

Locations for:

Daredevil: http://forums.xbox.com/7704260/ShowPost.aspx
Black Panther: http://forums.xbox.com/7700907/ShowPost.aspx

I want them both but I'm too lazy to go back through this game right now. I have Ac's for both but I'm not sure how many.

Question: I know BP and DD are availlable for the 360 version. However, I'm confused about Silver Surfer. Is he or is he not available for the 360 unlock? Some stuff I read seems to say he is, but I thought he was only for other system versions?

Last edited by Giantrobo; 03-26-07 at 08:18 AM.
Old 03-26-07, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Question: I know BP and DD are availlable for the 360 version. However, I'm confused about Silver Surfer. Is he or is he not available for the 360 unlock? Some stuff I read seems to say he is, but I thought he was only for other system versions?
Silver Surfer is available on the 360. You get him by unlocking all the costumes for every other character, so that means getting at least 175 kills with everyone, and also getting at least Bronze on their comic mission. I haven't done this one yet.
Old 03-26-07, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Silver Surfer is available on the 360. You get him by unlocking all the costumes for every other character, so that means getting at least 175 kills with everyone, and also getting at least Bronze on their comic mission. I haven't done this one yet.
Wow. Ok...I guess I won't be getting SS anytime soon.
Old 03-26-07, 08:26 AM

Silver Surfer is one of the best characters to play with. He's insanely powerful.
Old 03-26-07, 09:57 AM

The Silver Surfer may be the toughest unlockable ever. Yikes.

Since this has become a MUA Q&A, I have a question : What should you do later in the game when your inventory is full and you beat a boss or sub-boss who drops something? Should you sell a lower-valued item and pick up the new one? I don't see another solution since there isn't a storage cache in this game.
Old 03-26-07, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Decker
The Silver Surfer may be the toughest unlockable ever. Yikes.

Since this has become a MUA Q&A, I have a question : What should you do later in the game when your inventory is full and you beat a boss or sub-boss who drops something? Should you sell a lower-valued item and pick up the new one? I don't see another solution since there isn't a storage cache in this game.
I get rid of things that don't give that much of a boost or ones that I know I won't use. Some are worth keeping and applying them to the heroes and others are disposable.
Old 03-26-07, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,493 Posts
There is also a code to unlock him (consisting of pushing a sequence of direction arrows when in the character select screen). There's also one for Daredevil... that's how I originally got both of them, and I was wondering how to get that Silver Surfer achievement...

On a side note, I finally finished the game this weekend, and I'm glad they have a "new game +" option. Also liked the "What if" part at the end. I knew I should've chosen Jean instead of Kurt...
Old 03-26-07, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Remember if you use any codes to unlock everything you disable earning any achievements in your game unless you completely erase the save and start over from scratch.
Old 03-26-07, 12:36 PM

My team included Cap, the Surfer, Dr. Strange and a rotating cast that included the Human Torch, Thor, Iron Man and Spider-Man. That team could cut through any mess quickly.

TK
Old 03-26-07, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by xmiyux
Remember if you use any codes to unlock everything you disable earning any achievements in your game unless you completely erase the save and start over from scratch.
Is that only for some uber code to unlock everything? As I said, I unlocked Daredevil and Surfer through codes (mainly so I could start playing them from the beginning) and I've gotten a lot of achievements, including the one for unlocking Daredevil by getting all his action figures...
Old 03-26-07, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Supposedly any code will axe them. I can attest to the fact that a code to unlock all the costumes for a particular character does disable the achievements (from what i saw when i rented the game).
Old 03-26-07, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by fujishig
Is that only for some uber code to unlock everything? As I said, I unlocked Daredevil and Surfer through codes (mainly so I could start playing them from the beginning) and I've gotten a lot of achievements, including the one for unlocking Daredevil by getting all his action figures...

I think you're right...

Originally Posted by xbox forum
The use of any cheats (other than unlocking Daredevil and Silver Surfer) will knock out the ability to gain achievments, so unlucky there mate.......go to http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox...de/932586.html this is where I got the info Sad []
http://forums.xbox.com/11208683/ShowPost.aspx
Old 03-26-07, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

This is probably because the codes to unlock them came as "exclusives" for certain stores... I think one was Target and one was EBGames. Here are the codes, by the way:

(enter on the character selection screen, you'll here a sound when it's done correctly)
Unlock Daredevil left, left, right, right, up, down, up, down
Unlock Silver Surfer down, left, left, up, right, up, down, left
Old 03-26-07, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Decker
Can you actually see them?
Yes, but BARELY. Not even worth actively looking for them since they're so small.

Another question: Is it best to stick with one team throughout the game? I've had fun sampling the many characters (Luke Cage is my current favorite...love the chain whip), but I'm afraid that when I get to later levels (and even the comic missions) my guys will be way too weak to beat the bosses.

Thoughts?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.