Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Wii - Part IV.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-07, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Loved Excitebike on the NES, but have this one on other things like ecards and Animal Crossing so no rebuy. Splatterhouse is good, but I really would prefer to play the original arcade version. All in all good games this week, but probably none I will buy.
Old 03-19-07, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I rented Wii Play (didn't need an extra Wiimote for the time being). At first I wasn't impressed by ping-pong or pool, but my 2nd day of playing all the games over again help me score a lot more higher, and it was idle fun for a $10 collection of games. I'd buy it for $10, but not bundled with the Wiimote at this time.
Old 03-19-07, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Splatterhouse!!! F**k yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-19-07, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 756 Likes on 492 Posts
I think I'm going to be downloading Splatterhouse later tonight. Always wanted to play it, but I don't think I ever did. Plus, I still have some points that I can spare.
Old 03-19-07, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Splatterhouse rocks. Not gonna buy it tho, cuz I still have my collection of almost 200 TG/PCE games an my trusty Duo.

Wish they'd release Devil's Crush, and maybe Time Cruise 2. They were much better than Alien Crush. Blazing Lazers was a great shooter too. If they will release Turbo-CD games, then Ys 1&2 would be great for old-school rpg fans, and Gates of Thunder was an awesome shooter. Psychosis (a deranged shooter) would be cool too.
Old 03-19-07, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I know its a major longshot, but I really wish Nintendo would release a hard drive add on or support for any USB external HDD to the console. Then they could start offering Sega CD, Saturn and Turbo-CD games.
Old 03-19-07, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 914 Likes on 649 Posts
I think I read recently Saturn is in the can. I agree on storage.
Old 03-19-07, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I think I read recently Saturn is in the can. I agree on storage.
It's all rumor. There's also rumor of a Wii Harddrive, but Nintendo recently responded saying it was only rumor. Of course, I think they could just let us use our own ext. HD via the USB port. I don't need a Wii branded one. I guess a matching white case would be nice though.
Old 03-19-07, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just let me stick a jump drive on the back and it won't matter what color it is. Or, even better, enable the damn SD card for something more useful than dormant backups.
Old 03-19-07, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know it's been said before, but a FC demo option would be nice. The only things I've downloaded are ones I've already been familiar with. Too risky to spend ten bucks on a ten-year-old game I may not like.
Old 03-19-07, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by sdcrym
I know it's been said before, but a FC demo option would be nice. The only things I've downloaded are ones I've already been familiar with. Too risky to spend ten bucks on a ten-year-old game I may not like.
That would be so great. There have been quite a few games on the VC that I've been interested in, some of which people here have recommended, but I'm hesitant to download them having not played them at all. If only you could get a one-level or timed demo or something.
Old 03-19-07, 05:38 PM
Retired

You can always get an emulator and download the ROM to try it out. Not legal, but it is an option for previewing games and then buying legally on the VC if you like it, and skipping it if you don't.
Old 03-19-07, 05:59 PM

Can someone please help me out with this problem? I searched the nintendo technical support site, but didn't find anything related to this.

My remote works fine until I start playing a Gamecube game on the Wii. Once the Gamecube game starts up, I can no longer use my remote to go back to the Wii menu, or to shut the power off. When I press the Home button, the lights on the remote blink but nothing happens. I have to go over to the Wii and power it down using the power button on the console. After doing that, the remote starts working again. Is this normal behavior? Is the remote disabled after starting Gamecube games?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-19-07, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Dvdhook, I believe thats just how it is. You have to restart the system to get back to the Wii's menu.
Old 03-19-07, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by DarthMarino
Dvdhook, I believe thats just how it is. You have to restart the system to get back to the Wii's menu.
I wasn't sure if this was by design or if I had a faulty remote. I'm glad my controller is ok. Thanks for your help!
Old 03-19-07, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 914 Likes on 649 Posts
that's the design. Once you start a Gamecube game the Wii is a Gamecube. All Wii functions cease to work.
Old 03-19-07, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
You can always get an emulator and download the ROM to try it out. Not legal, but it is an option for previewing games and then buying legally on the VC if you like it, and skipping it if you don't.
Where can I get an emulator and about how much is it? Although I've heard of people doing it, I've never tried it myself.
Old 03-19-07, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Went to a get-together cookout with some old friends, and a Wii party broke out. Most of my friends seem to have a good time with their first taste of Wii Sports.
Old 03-19-07, 10:14 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by clckworang
Where can I get an emulator and about how much is it? Although I've heard of people doing it, I've never tried it myself.
They're free, but illegal to have the games (ROM files) unless you own them.

As such, it's against forum rules to give advice on how to find it, do it etc.

But trust me, it is nothing a quick search can't find.
Old 03-20-07, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Patman
I rented Wii Play (didn't need an extra Wiimote for the time being). At first I wasn't impressed by ping-pong or pool, but my 2nd day of playing all the games over again help me score a lot more higher, and it was idle fun for a $10 collection of games. I'd buy it for $10, but not bundled with the Wiimote at this time.
seems like the going rate on ebay for just wii play, no remote, is ~$25, which sucks since i bought three extra remotes back in december. i'm sure if i wait prices will drop, but i want to play now.
Old 03-20-07, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by spinning plates
seems like the going rate on ebay for just wii play, no remote, is ~$25, which sucks since i bought three extra remotes back in december. i'm sure if i wait prices will drop, but i want to play now.
Ouch! I guess if I ever break a wiimote, I'll get my Wii Play that way. It's worth $10-$15 (delivered) to me at this time.
Old 03-20-07, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by spinning plates
I had 4 remotes and nunchuks since launch day. I bought Wii Play and sold the remote for 39.99 on eBay. This seems like the best way to go if you want Wii Play but don't need the remote.
Old 03-20-07, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone else get TMNT? I played it for 20 minutes and I fuckin hate it. All Im doing is running around and jumping. Wheres the fighting?? Plus, you have to run up walls, but I keep falling off for some reason.
Old 03-20-07, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Japan is getting Actraiser on VC this week
Old 03-20-07, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by chrisih8u
Anyone else get TMNT? I played it for 20 minutes and I fuckin hate it. All Im doing is running around and jumping. Wheres the fighting?? Plus, you have to run up walls, but I keep falling off for some reason.
I almost rented it tonight but something told me to wait for the 360 version to arrive from GameFly. The videos of the game looked fun but it could be very irritating to play it with motion based controls.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.