Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Now Playing and Recently Finished Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-07, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by darkside
Does it support playing with the controller? If so you could hook up your Xbox360 controller to your PC and use that. I do that with all my games that play better with console controls.
I have the wireless controllers so I'd have to buy a wired 360 controller in order to do it, if it even worked.
Old 03-21-07, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by taffer
Chocobos in Warcraft?
Well, the Blood Elf mounts are called "Hawkstriders" or something like that but they look exactly like Chocobos. Blizzard has quite a few little things in WoW that pay homage to old games like Zelda, Mario and now with Burning Crusade, Final Fantasy.
Old 03-21-07, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mostly Playing:

Zelda: TP (Wii) - Though I haven't picked it up for about 2 weeks, just because I haven't wanted to commit the time.

Zelda: WW (GC) - Bought this used on eBay and have only played the very beginning. Fun so far.

Metroid: PH2 (GC) - Also bought used on eBay. I think I'm only at the 2nd level (save spot). It's pretty fun, but I've played much better FPSs.

Paper Mario: TYD - Rented from Gamefly to check it out. Pretty fun. I'll probably buy it. Sent it back today after getting to the first dungeon.

Phoenix Wright: (the new one) (DS) - Renting from Gamefly. Have only played part of the first case, until it gave me the option to save. Will be playing this tonight. Seems pretty fun, but took me awhile to get used to how to play.

New Super Mario Bros (DS) - I'm at World 8. I haven't played in a few days, but I really like this Mario. Probably one of the best Mario platformers I've played.

Finished:
Hotel Dusk (DS) - Really enjoyed this game. Wasn't sure if I would or not, but though it was great. A little too short, but very well done.

Future:
Super Paper Mario - have my pre-order at Amazon.
I'll probably rent Tiger Woods (Wii) or Cooking Mama (Wii).
Old 03-21-07, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by taffer
According to Gamerankings.com, the PS2 version of Dark Alliance got an 84% and the Xbox version of Dark Alliance got an 83%. Those reviews are good, but not fantastic like you say. In comparison, the REAL Baldur's Gate games on PC got much better reviews. Baldur's Gate on the PC got a 93% and Baldur's Gate 2 got a 94%.

I say the PC games are the REAL Baldur's Gate games because they are the originals and they are actual D&D RPGs that use the D&D ruleset faithfully. The console games are as different as night and day. They are hack-n-slash action games with the Baldur's Gate name and D&D license tacked on merely to increase sales. D&D and Baldur's Gate nerds like myself consider the Dark Alliance series to be incredibly insulting to the D&D/Baldur's Gate name. Go to a D&D nerds site like Sorcerers.net and they have absolutely nothing good to say about Dark Alliance.
I love the PC games also. But the DA games are hardly "pieces of shit" or "games no one liked".
Old 04-14-07, 01:01 PM
Retired

Not much time for games lately, but polished a couple off and started 1 more. Cleared out my recently finished list a bit since a few of those games were beaten several months ago. Hardly "recently".

Now Playing

Club House Games (DS)- playing through stamp mode now. Enjoying it a lot though a few of the games suck (bowling, darts etc.).

Resident Evil 4 (GC)- Need to go back and try to finish this. Saved at the start of chapter 4.

Super Castlevania IV (Wii VC)- Only played a bit, stopped at the start of the 3rd level. Enjoying it, but not blown away. Definitely reminding me of why I was not a huge fan until Symphony of the Night and the shift to "Metroidvania."

Recently Finished

Big Brain Academy (DS)-got old pretty fast. Got gold medals in practice on every game on easy and normal, and up to a B on the test. Let my girl have it as she likes it a lot more than I do.

Super Mario World (Wii VC)- just as much fun as it was the other gazillion times I've played through it. Finished with all 96 exits

Gears of War: my buddy and I plowed through the campaign on hardcore in co-op in a 13 hour all nighter last weekend. Great game. Doubt I'll fuck with Insane with him though as pissed off as we were getting in places on hardcore.

Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime: Got all 100 slimes, and won the tank masters side game, took about 15 1/2 hours. Very enjoyable game, but not a classic. A solid 8/10 game though, and definitely worth the $16.96 it's going for a Circuit City now.

God of War- Finished it in just under 10 hours. Was super pissed that I accidentally switched from Normal to Easy without noticing but I still died a ton since that didn't affect the instant death traps etc. Overall I liked the game, but not as much as some. Probably a 8/10 for me.

On Deck

Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)--picked it up for $14.99 at Target the other week.

Zelda: A Link to the Past (Wii VC)

Super Paper Mario (Wii)- looks to be my first Wii game purchase since Zelda at launch! But holding off until I have more time and at least finish RE4.

Stack of PC games my friend lent me-Half Life 2, Quake IV, some RPGs (Neverwinter Nights, Icewind Dale 2, Torment), Civilization IV

Shelved for good

Call of Duty (PC)-just not my cup of tea. Too much of a generic FPS for me. Takes an FPS with an extra "something"--like FEAR--to hold my interest.
Old 04-14-07, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Now Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii) - Broke down and bought it. Loving it so far.
Puzzle Quest (DS)- There seems to be no end to this one, but hopefully I will finish it soon
Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Xbox) - Came back to this one and I really love it. I may even rebuy this one down the road on the PS3 when it drops in price.
God of War (PS2) - Got sidetracked with Guitar Hero, but will finish this one soon.

Recently Finished:
Sam and Max Chapter 5 (PC) - Freaking awesome and I can't wait for the finale.
Kirby Squeak Squad (DS) - An easy game to beat 100%, but a blast to play none the less.
Guitar Hero 2 (PS2) - Lived up to every single bit of the hype and I will go back and play the first one at some point.
Super Robot Taisen OG (GBA) - Good story. I have the second one, but don't know when I will feel up to starting it.
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS) - Finished it with 200% for the first time. Ending not really worth the effort. Awesome game though.

On Deck:
Lunar Nights (DS) - I have started and stopped this one twice and I'm only 2 hours in, but I see myself restarting it again.
Pokemon Diamond (DS) - Can not resist getting pulled in again.
Sam and Max Chapter 6 (PC)

Last edited by darkside; 04-14-07 at 10:56 PM.
Old 04-14-07, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now Playing:

Guitar Hero II (360)
Motorstorm (PS3)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance (360)

Recently Finished:

TMNT (360)
Old 04-14-07, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 915 Likes on 650 Posts
Currently working on:

Psychonauts (xbox)
Luxor 2 (XBLA)
Sonic & the Secret Rings (Wii)
Super Paper Mario (Wii)
Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2 (DS)
Super Princess Peach (DS)

Recently finished:
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrows (DS)
Worms (XBLA)
Kid Icarus (VC)
Crackdown (360)
Old 04-14-07, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I really just suck at finishing games... I think I just like a lot of variety, so I get bored or distracted and start playing something else. Anyway:

Now Playing:
Zelda: TP (wii) - Haven't played in weeks, but I plan on finishing this one!
Resident Evil 4 (GC) - Great game so far. Really enjoying it. Need to be in the mood for it though...
Metroid Prime 2 (GC) - Still working on this one. I keep going back to it every week or so. I'm just not as into FPS as I used to be -- though I am interested in how MP3 turns out for the Wii
Zelda: WW (GC) - Haven't played much of this, but I plan on finishing it.
Super Paper Mario (Wii) - I'm in Chapter 2-2 I believe. Great game so far.
Godfather (Wii) - Renting this. Great game so far. Definately consider buying this one.
Okami (PS2) - Renting this. Great game so far. I'm barely into the game , but it's pretty good so far. This would definately make a great Wii game.
New Super Mario Bros (DS) - Almost done. World 8 just kicks my butt.

Future:
Sam and Max: Season 1 - Got to get this.. I miss funny adventure games!
X-Men: Legends II (ps2) - borrowing this from my nephews, but haven't played it yet.

My b-day is coming up, so I'll probably get some other stuff as well soon.
Old 04-15-07, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,135 Posts
I've been playing a lot of Lost Planet Multiplayer so single games have taken a back burner. With that said:

Just bought and started:

Superman Returns...360

Still playing:

Star Trek: Legacy
Old 04-15-07, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have been playing when i have some free time:

Worms
Tetris Evolution
Tony Hawk Project 8
Halo 2
Gears
(all on the 360)

On the DS i have been playing:

Puzzle Quest
Yu-Gi-Oh Championship 2007

I have never played Yu-Gi-Oh before my little brother really wanted me to try it out since we can play together over wi-fi or just wirelessly when i visit him and so far it has been pretty fun. I absolutely love card battling games so it is surprising i had never tried it out before.

As for the BG:DA debate - i can see how DA is so much simpler than the PC iterations but the DA series on the console hooked my wife. She would never play an actual RPG but anything that is kind of Gauntlet-like she will jump all over in a heartbeat. Now if they would just release something like that on the 360.
Old 04-15-07, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm currently playing:

God of War (PS2)
Virtua Fighter 5 (PS3)
Old 04-15-07, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Recently finished:
Marvel UA (360) on easy

Currently playing:
COD2 (360) on normal
Marvel UA (360) on normal
Old 05-01-07, 11:50 AM
Retired

A couple small updates to my lists.

Now Playing

Club House Games (DS)- Finished stamp mode on easy to unlock all the games. Still playing it pretty often in bed at nights though.

Super Castlevania IV (Wii VC)- just play occasionally, not a big fan.

Recently Finished

Resident Evil 4 (GC)- played for several hours tonight and finished it. Final save was 22 hours 12 minutes, and I pathetically died 95 times. I enjoyed the game, but not as much as some. I'd probably give it an 8.5 out of ten. Not sure if I'll bother with Assignment Ada or Mercenaries mode or not.

Elite Beat Agents (DS)- beat it on easy, played a little past half way through medium. Just can't get into it, and have no qualms saying this game sucks...IMHO of course.

Big Brain Academy (DS)-got old pretty fast. Got gold medals in practice on every game on easy and normal, and up to a B on the test. Let my girl have it as she likes it a lot more than I do.

Super Mario World (Wii VC)- just as much fun as it was the other gazillion times I've played through it. Finished with all 96 exits

Gears of War: my buddy and I plowed through the campaign on hardcore in co-op in a 13 hour all nighter last weekend. Great game. Doubt I'll fuck with Insane with him though as pissed off as we were getting in places on hardcore.

Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime: Got all 100 slimes, and won the tank masters side game, took about 15 1/2 hours. Very enjoyable game, but not a classic. A solid 8/10 game though, and definitely worth the $16.96 it's going for a Circuit City now.

God of War- Finished it in just under 10 hours. Was super pissed that I accidentally switched from Normal to Easy without noticing but I still died a ton since that didn't affect the instant death traps etc. Overall I liked the game, but not as much as some. Probably a 8/10 for me.

On Deck

Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)--picked it up for $14.99 at Target the other week.

Zelda: A Link to the Past (Wii VC)

Super Paper Mario (Wii)- looks to be my first Wii game purchase since Zelda at launch! But holding off until I have more time and at least finish RE4. Probably not until July at the earliest.

Stack of PC games my friend lent me-Half Life 2, Quake IV, some RPGs (Neverwinter Nights, Icewind Dale 2, Torment), Civilization IV

Shelved for good

Call of Duty (PC)-just not my cup of tea. Too much of a generic FPS for me. Takes an FPS with an extra "something"--like FEAR--to hold my interest.

Last edited by Josh Hinkle; 05-11-07 at 12:37 AM.
Old 05-06-07, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Been playing a bunch this week.

Now Playing:

Wii
Super Paper Mario: Just finished world 6. Great game.

Excite Truck: Just unlocked Super Excite and have A's on bronze-gold in that mode.

DS
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin: towards the end. Another great title

Super Princess Peach: not all that impressed with this one. Pretty easy as well as boring.

Elite Beat Agents: I suck at it but I can see why it gets all the praise it does.

Xbox 360
Virtua Tennis: Top Spin is a better franchise overall, and looks far better but VT is a whole lot more fun than the sim-heavy Top Spin 2.

Boom Boom Rocket: this is a great music game. Fun, beautiful, and fairly easy for anyone to enjoy.

Luxor 2: On the final few levels and I still think both Zuma and Magnetica are better games. Luxor 2 is still strangely addicting despite its flaws.

Haven't beat much recently. I'm near the end on a bunch of these though.
Old 05-07-07, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Let's see...

Xbox 360
Halo 2: I gave a friend of mine an Xbox for his wedding a couple of years ago. We always used to play Halo 2 and I recently noticed he's on 3-4x a week to play at night so I'm getting back into this game so I'm not totally rusty when Halo 3 comes out.

Catan: I'll be playing Catan for a long time as I get more wins. It's not tedious but some games can take an hour to complete, so I need to be sure I have the time.

Luxor 2: Moving throught it but unfortunately the only addition to the game is a new color as you keep moving up. The game's a bit easier than Zuma and I enjoy it.

Lumines: Playing less and less but still trying to get all the achievements on this one. I've hit another wall.

Heavy Weapon: I'll pick this one up every once in a while to make some progress.

DS

Advance Wars Dual Strike: This game is great. Started playing it again after a long time off. Still very early in the game, about the tenth mission. I'm not a huge fan of RTSs but it works well on this system.

Wii

Nothing. This is easily my least-played new system that I've ever bought. Sad.
Old 05-07-07, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

bus, have you hit level 10 on Luxor yet? It is a WHOLE different ballgame once you hit that level. It's like the game goes from super easy to super hard with no gradual middle ground. I didn't lose a life until about 10-4, earned about 24 to that point. I'm sitting around 13-6 now and have lost about 8 lives since level 10.
Old 05-11-07, 12:38 AM
Retired

Updated my list in post 115 as I finally beat RE4.
Old 05-11-07, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Finished Gears of War on casual, and restarted on Hard immediately. Almost done with that too.
Old 05-11-07, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Recently Finished:

Rainbow Six: Vegas - Beat it on Normal. No way I'm going to attempt this on Realistic.

Now Playing:

Spider-Man 3 - Finally got the black suit! Though now it seems like every villain has leveled up. The black suit is a bit more powerful but not enough to keep up with the bad guys.

Dead Rising - Started playing this again. Very fun game once you start locating sweet weapons like chainsaws, sickles, and katana swords. The psychopaths seem ridiculously hard so I'm just sticking to ME and not really caring about saving anyone else.
Old 05-11-07, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Now Playing:

Zelda : Twilight GC (Just started this, pretty good so far)
Tiger Woods 2007 360 (This is an ongoing battle for me to max out everything)
Battlefield 2 PC (amazing game, never gets old, keep playing it)
Gears of War 360 (Just past the first mission, pretty bad ass, but kinda lost interest)

Recently Beat:

Resistence : Fall of Man ps3 (just beat this, but still playing multiplayer)

About to start:

FF XII ps2 (Trying to avoid playing this at same time as Zelda, but the wait is killing me)

Last edited by REL77; 05-11-07 at 04:53 PM.
Old 05-11-07, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Updated:

Playing Command & Conquer 3 on PC - 60% completed. I probably play Oblivion again as soon as I get my 360 back from shop.
Old 05-12-07, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Now Playing:
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales (DS) - Not far enough in to make much of a judgment, but so far so good.
Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Xbox) - Bought this for PS3 and it was awful due to bad frame rates. Have gone back to the Xbox version and continue to play it here and there. Hopefully I will finish it some day.
God of War (PS2) - I start and stop this one. Really not getting into it, but have only played it 2-3 hours so far.

Recently Finished:
Pokemon Diamond (DS) - Amazingly good game. I will return to this one, but after 60 hours of play I need a break. Worth every penny. The formula still works to perfection.
Super Paper Mario (Wii) - Pretty good game. I definitely felt it was worth the $30 I paid for it. Not as good or as memorable as the RPG versions, but pretty close.
Puzzle Quest (DS) - Probably put 50-60 hours in on this one as well. Another amazing DS title. DS is easily my favorite system right now.
Sam and Max Chapter 6 (PC) - Brilliant end to the season. The point and click adventure lives on.
Guitar Hero 1 (PS2) - Unfortunately I played the second one first and this one is not as good but still a lot of fun to run through.
Super Castlevania IV (SNES emulator) - I have been listening to lots of Retronauts at 1UP and really wanted to do some retro gaming. Unfortunately I started with this game. It has its moments, but man is this game cheap. It has everything I loved and everything I hated about 8 and 16 bit platform games all in one. Finished it up, but really didn't enjoy the experience.
Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (PC Engine emulator) - Now this game on the other hand was excellent. It was hard as hell, but did not seem cheap to me the way IV did. It is also a gorgeous game. I had no idea a PC Engine game could look like this. Really made nice use of the CD features as well. Really a game to get when the PSP remake is released.
Final Fight (Arcade Emulator) - With the recent release of the SNES version on the VC I had interest in this game again. However, I wanted to play a real version of it and not that garbage SNES version. I played through the original unedited Japanese arcade version and it was a blast. Girls barely keeping their boobs in when you punch them in the face, Dick written on the walls and guys using the lords name in vain when you smash their car up is my idea of retro gaming fun.

On Deck:
Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (PS2)
Old 05-12-07, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I've been knocking them down as well.

Finished

Castlevania: PoR. All but the Nest of Evil is complete. I think I'm halfway through that.

Excite Truck: All 'S' rankings on Excite, and All 'A's in Super Excite with about 7-8 'S' rankings.

Luxor 2: Finished easy. What a chore. I'm now about halfway through Normal. With how long the game is, I'm considering this one done on easy. Anything else is just gravy. Definitely gotten my money's worth.

Boom Boom rocket - All but one 'A*' on easy. B's on medium. Not a musical person, so I doubt I will get much higher on this one. Tried 'hard' and there is no 'effin way.

Elite Beat Agents: Think I'm about to the end of 'easy,' and the later ones kick my ass, so like Boom Boom Rocket, I'm considering this one closed as well.

Working my way through:
Crackdown: working on new achievements now that the DLC is available

Super Paper Mario: on world 7

Super Princess Peach: About halfway done with this one. Not too impressed thus far.

Virtua Tennis: Not sure how to gauge length other than achievements, so going by that I'm about 1/4 of the way through. Fun game.

Lost Planet: Halfway through easy. Haven't touched in months.

Gears of War: mid-Act 4. Haven't touched in months either.

On Deck
the Darkness: out in a few weeks. Can't wait for this one. Riddick was probably in my top 5 games of last gen. Can't wait to see what Starbreeze comes up with for this one.

All in all, just trying clean my slate before the Halo 3 beta is released. Can probably have Paper Mario & Peach done before then as well, assuming Crackdown doesn't totally suck me back in.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 05-12-07 at 04:05 PM.
Old 05-12-07, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Right now I'm working on the Sega Genesis Collection for the PS2.

RIGHT NOW:
Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle (Simple, but a little difficult because of the crappy control).
Sonic 2 (I can get to the last stage than get my butt kicked.)
Shinobi 3 (I'm having problems with the elevator stage. And I'm not digging the Shinobi on a water jetski-thing either. I'll buy a ninja on a horse, but not a jetski).

FINISHED:
Golden Axe
Golden Axe 2
Shadow Dancer
Sonic 1

PROBABLY WILL SKIP:
Phantasy Star 2-4 (I loved RPG's back during the SMS/Genesis days but I've grown out of them. I may or may not try...I don't know yet).
Sword of Vermillion
Virtua Fighter 2 (Don't like fighters).
Columns (Puzzlers are good on handheld when watching tv or something, but I prefer something with an end on my consoles).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.