Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Xbox 360 Compendium, Version 3.0

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-06, 09:25 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nope--no probs after the update. It would help if the people having problems defined how they have the xbox hooked up to their display. Im hooked up via component.
Old 12-04-06, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No problems after the update here.
Old 12-04-06, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by amped
Just a heads up to any VP fans, but there's a free Viva Pinata gamer pic available on the marketplace. 2 days only.
damn, I must have missed it. its not there for me.
Old 12-04-06, 11:51 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't had any problems after the latest update.

I'm currently addicted to NHL '07. I'm happy that I was able to boot the douschebag Sens out of the playoffs, and that I then swept the Rangers.
Old 12-04-06, 12:24 PM
mbs
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

If anyone needs another wireless 360 controller, they are on sale at Kmart for $29.99 this week. Just a heads up.
Old 12-04-06, 12:40 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

Originally Posted by mbs
If anyone needs another wireless 360 controller, they are on sale at Kmart for $29.99 this week. Just a heads up.
Good news for those who picked up the $100 xbox core from amazon
Old 12-04-06, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I finally got my LOST PLANET pre-order card from EB Games and was able downloaded the demo a couple days ago (for some reason I never had access to the first one on LIVE that was up ~Thanksgiving). Finally got around to trying it this morning, and Wow it's a lot of fun. Had some problems getting into a game as we would be in the lobby then all the sudden "this game has been cancelled" message would come up and throw you back to the menu screen. I was able to play two complete games, and one where I fell in a chasm and it never respawned me. They seemed to have improved the grappling hook in the mp demo over the single player demo, although it may just be me because it's been a while since I played through the sp one.

Any DVDTalkers wanting to try to play some multi-player tonight, about 11pm (Central) ? I may be able to score a couple extra pre-order codes tonight for the enhanced demo (basically two maps instead of one).
Old 12-04-06, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
damn, I must have missed it. its not there for me.
It's not that impressive. Just a yellow background with "VP" on it. No characters or anything.
Old 12-04-06, 01:13 PM

nah, you're correct.

They greatly improved the grappling hook on that online demo. I think the mechs are a little unfair, but good fun none the less
Old 12-04-06, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mbs
That's a good deal but I just can't bring myself to shop a Kmart.
Old 12-04-06, 03:04 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

lol are there any stores out there that nobody boycotts?
Old 12-04-06, 03:09 PM

Meijer??
Old 12-04-06, 03:13 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

you wont catch me dead in a Meijer.

I guess with everyone boycotting someone, they all get each others business and it works out even.
Old 12-04-06, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 920 Likes on 653 Posts
I've never had any issues with Target. They are the cleanest and friendliest of all the retailers, IMO, but I guess that is another discussion.
Old 12-04-06, 03:58 PM

just take the K-fart ad to EVIL-Mart for the PM.
Old 12-04-06, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by edstein
That's a good deal but I just can't bring myself to shop a Kmart.
While there are valid reasons to boycott K-Mart, my primary reason is due to actually not being able to shop there. As in there are no employees. They are like bugs, you will sight one in the distance and if it seems like you might be coming to them for help they scurry away into secret employee hiding spots. I swear that the electronics section workers hide in the cabinets or something because it is always a total ghost town.
Old 12-04-06, 04:14 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

Originally Posted by xmiyux
...you will sight one in the distance and if it seems like you might be coming to them for help they scurry away into secret employee hiding spots. I swear that the electronics section workers hide in the cabinets or something because it is always a total ghost town.
I think its time we sat you down to rethink your organic soap/deoderant regimen.
Old 12-04-06, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Save Ferris
I think its time we sat you down to rethink your organic soap/deoderant regimen.
Yeah yeah, i smell delightfully patchouli fresh.
Old 12-04-06, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,297 Likes on 4,306 Posts
Originally Posted by Save Ferris
Good news for those who picked up the $100 xbox core from amazon
Those people don't need any more good news, the lucky bastards.

And of course, I was really happy to buy a second one at Amazon for $40 last week. As usual, I get screwed.

Seriously, I don't understand the core pack at all. It would be almost impossible to play the 360 without the hard drive, so many of the features require it. The other features of the premium set seem like luxury items, but to not have the HD would REALLY suck.
Old 12-04-06, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I still don't understand why Microsoft didn't give the Xbox 360 two 1GB modules of internal memory. One for game saves and arcade titles, the other to act as a hard drive cache.

Make the memory cards and hard drive optional, and just sell the Core Pack.

Would've worked out a lot better, IMHO.
Old 12-04-06, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by The Bus
I still don't understand why Microsoft didn't give the Xbox 360 two 1GB modules of internal memory. One for game saves and arcade titles, the other to act as a hard drive cache.

Because we all would still bitch and moan that we need a hard drive as a standard feature, not optional
Old 12-04-06, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,007 Likes on 1,554 Posts
Originally Posted by The Bus

I thought the whole reasoning behind the Core pack was to get it below the "magical" $300 pricepoint (I think this was before the PS3 prices blew these prices away). If they were just going to add a gig of internal memory, they should have just gone away from the Core Pack altogether and just have the one with the HDD.
Old 12-04-06, 09:47 PM
Mok

RoboBlitz hitting Xbox Live Arcade this week

Another new franchise is arriving on Xbox Live Arcade this week, one that notably boasts robots, explosions, and in certain circumstances, exploding robots. Developed by Naked Sky Entertainment, RoboBlitz sees you guiding a charming little contraption through all manner of gear-grating, cog-crunching puzzles and ridding the world of nasty space pirates. You know, pirates. But in space.

Other key phrases you might associate with RoboBlitz are "physics-driven challenges," "Unreal Engine 3" and "available this Wednesday, December 6, at 1AM PST." According to the press release (read it after the break), the trial version will offer three different levels in its attempt to get 1200 MS points (that's $15) out of you for the full game. As one of the more expensive titles on Microsoft's service, its argument will have to be persuasive indeed. Penny-pinchers might also consider the Steam version on PC -- at $14.99, it makes for a saving of one whole cent.

Save the Robot, Save the World with RoboBlitz on Xbox Live Arcade

Experience the power of the Unreal Engine 3 for the first time in an Xbox Live Arcade game in "RoboBlitz," this week's Xbox Live Arcade Wednesday's release. This independently developed breakthrough game will be available for download on Xbox Live Arcade for Xbox 360 beginning Wednesday, December 6, after 0800 GMT (1:00 a.m. PST).

Independent developer Naked Sky Entertainment created "RoboBlitz" using the latest in game technology to deliver an innovative, high definition experience. "RoboBlitz" is a fast-paced, 3D action game with unique physics, inventive gizmos, creative weapons, and robotic characters. Players take on the role of Blitz, a multi-talented robot who must activate an aging space cannon to save his world from a band of maladjusted space pirates. Set in seven distinct environments, RoboBlitz features 19 levels of puzzle-solving and high-intensity action.

"RoboBlitz" will be available worldwide for 1200 Microsoft Points.

GAME FEATURES:

* 19 levels of puzzle-solving and high intensity action set in seven distinct environments
* Free trial version consists of three engaging levels
* A new breed of game blending fast paced action, puzzle solving, and a playground of interactive physics
* Advanced physics simulation gives the player real freedom to solve problems in creative and unexpected ways
* Unique weapons including Fire-Cracker Rocket and Point-to-Point Tractor Beam
* Gamers may choose their difficulty level for ease of use and high reparability
o Two different levels of difficulty (Normal and Master Technician)
o Master Technician mode allows players to unlock new achievements and bonus content
* Expect premium downloadable content for this title in the future – providing new game play elements and unique challenges for "RoboBlitz" fans

WHERE CAN I GET IT: Download "RoboBlitz" beginning on Wednesday, December 6, at 1 a.m. PST on Xbox Live Arcade.

"Roboblitz": 1200 Microsoft Points, Rated E10+

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/12/04/ro...ade-this-week/
Old 12-04-06, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

1200 points? It'd better be a damn good game. Otherwise, screw that.
Old 12-04-06, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mok
Save the Robot, Save the World

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.