Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Xbox 360 Compendium, Version 2.4

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-06, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gamefaqs is your friend. You can find the SNES move lists as well as fatalities, babalities, friendships etc.

Did this version have the brutalities and animalities as well?
Old 10-21-06, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did a quick search right when I downloaded it and found this one:
http://www.leedberg.com/mk/umk3/moves.htm

It's pretty good so far, but I can't do some of the moves with the d-pad. It's odd, but neither of my MS wireless controllers feels good using the d-pad. Scorpion is the worst so far, but he is also my favorite from the series.
Old 10-21-06, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by s}{ammer
I did a quick search right when I downloaded it and found this one:
http://www.leedberg.com/mk/umk3/moves.htm

It's pretty good so far, but I can't do some of the moves with the d-pad. It's odd, but neither of my MS wireless controllers feels good using the d-pad. Scorpion is the worst so far, but he is also my favorite from the series.
Yep, that's the same page I just searched for and found too. Good stuff on there.
Old 10-21-06, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by xmiyux
Gamefaqs is your friend. You can find the SNES move lists as well as fatalities, babalities, friendships etc.

Did this version have the brutalities and animalities as well?
Animalities, yes. Brutalities, no.
Old 10-22-06, 12:21 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
No one showed up to our GoW night. There was about ten minutes of in-game footage, plus about five minutes of pre-rendered cutscenes. It got me really excited though. Plus I got the card with the free codes for the themes/pictures, but they aren't active yet. They said that on November 12th, there are going to be tons of Xbox Live events surrounding GoW, including the chance to play multiplayer matches with the games designers.
Old 10-22-06, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
No one showed up to our GoW night. There was about ten minutes of in-game footage, plus about five minutes of pre-rendered cutscenes. It got me really excited though. Plus I got the card with the free codes for the themes/pictures, but they aren't active yet. They said that on November 12th, there are going to be tons of Xbox Live events surrounding GoW, including the chance to play multiplayer matches with the games designers.
according to joystiq, these were the videos here
Old 10-22-06, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah i wasn't able to convince my father-in-law that he needed to come with me. A bummer really because i wanted to check it out and get one of the cards. So what will the stores be doing with the excess cards? Any chance they will be giving them out to people who pre-ordered?
Old 10-22-06, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was able to go last night and got the free card...but the codes don't even WORK. I'm hoping that they'll start working next week or something.
Old 10-22-06, 03:35 PM
Banned by request

As I mentioned, the theme/picture packs haven't been put on Live yet. So just hold on to the card. Xmiyux, I would go back to the store that was doing the event and ask if they have any extra. If you pre-ordered it, they probably will give you one.
Old 10-22-06, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Mok
Just download UMK3 and Tony Hawk. Once you go to play UMK3 you are signed out of live, so I guess online play is out for now.
I played a few matches online today. I did purchase the full version.
Old 10-22-06, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Well, if the GoW event was only watching videos, that doesn't surprise me that no one showed up.
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts
I kind of dig the Project 8 demo, the visuals are a vast improvement over the others, it controls smooth and seems to have mostly natural physics. Has the feel of the oldschool tony hawks.

The zoom is a bit jarring at first, even though it makes sense, still not sure I'm a huge fan of it.
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

As I mentioned, the theme/picture packs haven't been put on Live yet. So just hold on to the card. Xmiyux, I would go back to the store that was doing the event and ask if they have any extra. If you pre-ordered it, they probably will give you one.

I'll check and see this week. The problem is i pre-ordered at the EB nearest me which is in a mall and the event was at a location in a strip mall way in another part of town. My local one may not have even gotten any cards since they didn't do the event. Kind of cool they had an event though - it just would have been neater if they were giving out some cooler stuff or done a drawing for a gift card or something. Or had a hands on...
Old 10-22-06, 04:44 PM
Banned by request

I wish. Still, it's coming out pretty soon. I'd give the store a call and see what they can do for you.
Old 10-22-06, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by RichC2
I kind of dig the Project 8 demo, the visuals are a vast improvement over the others, it controls smooth and seems to have mostly natural physics. Has the feel of the oldschool tony hawks.

The zoom is a bit jarring at first, even though it makes sense, still not sure I'm a huge fan of it.
I also really liked the demo. I was not going to pick the game up, but after trying it out I'm so there release day. The new controls are a bit weird at first, but they are a welcome change in my book. Plus the visuals look so much better than the last 360 version. I'm really excited for this now.
Old 10-22-06, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

news on lumines!
http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2006/10...hange-planned/

Thanks for contacting XBOX Customer Support,

Luminous Live is known to have some issues regarding unsatisfactory in it's download. Please wait until Monday to see wether we have any updates regarding this issue. Do not download or purchase anything else that has to be dealt with Luminous Live. Until then, feel free to contact us via telephone for any updates of this issue and what we can offer you.
For any questions regarding this issue, please contact Xbox customer support on http://www.xbox.com/support/contact/
Old 10-22-06, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
So if we bought it, do we get a refund on points?
Old 10-22-06, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,132 Posts
Originally Posted by s}{ammer
That's it. I'm waiting for the arcade disc.
Old 10-22-06, 07:02 PM
Banned by request

I'm confused. Are they saying there's a problem downloading Lumines, or is this related to how it disconnects you from Live?
Old 10-22-06, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It would be nice if Microsoft Customer Support spelled Lumines correctly.
Old 10-22-06, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm not going to put much faith in the the price or content of Lumines changing but it would be nice.

Other than Oblivion content, 1 picture, 1 theme and 1 arcade tile I've been very cheap with my points. I've bought maybe 8000 points so far on Live, 5000 was on the night the system came out, and I have 5110 left I think. Most of the time I get excited about an arcade title and then let down but I looked forward to Lumines only to has all this shit hit the fan.
Old 10-22-06, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm a sucker for some of the stuff. I've picked up Uno, Feeding Frenzy, Outpost, Street Fighter II, and MK3. Uno i kind of regret because i'm not sure how often i will go back to it and i also sort of regret SFII for the same reason. The other titles i do find myself whipping out and playing off and on so they have been decent investments. Even Feeding Frenzy which isn't particularly good but i like the bloody thing nonetheless.

As for the other things i bought 2 Oblivion expansions and two gamertag picture packs. I haven't bought any themes yet at all.
Old 10-22-06, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I regret getting SFII and that's one of the reasons I'm still on the fence about getting UMK3.
Old 10-22-06, 10:17 PM
Banned by request

I regret getting SFII and am not picking up UMK3, especially since I got a copy of it with my CE of Mortal Kombat Armageddon.
Old 10-22-06, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well MK3 corrected some of the issues with SFII. Once you select a character you can't take back your selection. I believe there is a timer to select so it cuts out that griefing. I also have yet to have anyone drop on me.

The big thing for me though was the fact i always liked MK better than SF so i'm excited to re-use the ancient memorized combos from my youth. It seems like most people play Smoke online though (including myself) as their first choice.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.