Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Official PSP Thread - Part 3

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-07, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i cant seem to add videos to my psp slim
it keeps telling me no videos found

i use to have an old psp that worked fine with videos

im putting MP_ROOT outside of psp folder then create a 100MNV01 folder within the root folder and then put my mp4 video M4V00001.MP4

what am i doing wrong?

nevermind i figured it out
make a folder called VIDEO outside of psp folder and then put all mp4 videos there

mproot folder i just deleted

Last edited by ktown; 09-21-07 at 10:08 PM.
Old 09-23-07, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,204 Likes on 4,231 Posts
Check out the new, larger screen model debuting here in Vegas :

(My camera phone doesn't really do it justice, but I thought it was pretty cool)

edit : Here's a picture of it, but you can't really tell it's on the strip here:

Last edited by Decker; 09-23-07 at 12:06 PM.
Old 09-23-07, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can't see the picture.
Old 09-23-07, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by boston george
I can't see the picture.
It's showing up for me. It's on the side of a building, but is essentially like this:
Old 09-23-07, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn that's too big. No one (except for King Kong) will be able to play something that big!
Old 09-24-07, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
I just got Metal Slug Anthology and it's AWESOME. I'm loving it. Haven't had this much fun with a video game in a while (Wii notwithstanding, the Wii is on its own league ).
Old 09-24-07, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah that is a great game(s). I had it for my Wii, but it is just so well suited for a handheld.

Also, I picked up Brave Story today. Most reviews were very positive with a few notable exceptions, and I too am having a blast playing it.

I guess it all depends on how much you like JRPGs. I for one love 'em and while this one doesn't offer a whole lot NEW, it is still a great game with a lot of charm.
Old 09-24-07, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been playing FF-I for the umpteenth time. I'm such a dork, I should try something crazy like all white mages, but, I'm happy with my 3 monks and a white mage, or 4 monks. I like those parties.
Old 09-25-07, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just gotta say that my new SlimPSP has really rekindled my love for the PSP/portable gaming in general. I also recently got rid of ALL my next-gen consoles. I Just never had time (or money) to play all the games I wanted on 3 different systems, so I'm taking a break from consoles and I'm gonna come back to ONE of them in a few months and catch up.

So now all I have is a PSP and I must say it's kinda fun and refreshing to just concentrate on one system and build a well thought out collection of games suited for me as well.

Games I Own:

Jeanne D'Arc (SRPG)-So polished for a handheld game, FUN!
Brave Story (JRPG)-Great turn-based, old-school RPG.
Daxter (Platformer)-Came with my system, but it's GREAT! Made me want to play more games in this genre.

Games I Want:

Ratchet & Clank (Platformer)-Looks good, gonna buy this when I finish Daxter.
Tales of Eternia (RPG)-Was Tales of Destiny 2 on PSX here in America, I loved it back then.
Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow (Shooter)-First one was really good in single player and even better online.
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness (SRPG)-I never played it on PS2, supposedly a modern classic
Dracula X (Platformer)-SOTN...
Gurumin (RPG?)-Been wanting to play this forever, Pixy said he beat it like 4x so it has to be good, right?

Maybe Getting:

Final Fantasy Tactics
Pursuit Force 2
Hot Shots: Open Tee 2
Metal Gear: PO
Final Fantasy: Crisis Core
...Lots more I can't think of right now

Here's a page that has a really good reference list of good games w/ pics
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=188225
Old 09-25-07, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,502 Posts
Tales of Eternia was never released here... though a bunch of places carried the European release, which was in English and is compatible. Got mine from Fry's. Same is true of Breath of Fire III.

Although you have enough rpg goodness, Valkyrie Profile is also pretty good, especially if you liked or never played the original.
Old 09-25-07, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah my Fry's carries the imports too. Pretty cool of them, whoever runs their video game dept. really knows what the customers want, they also have tons of accessories you won't find anywhere else (Japanese stuff etc.)

I already played VP but may pick it up one day once I finish the other RPGs on my list. Great game.
Old 09-25-07, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Gurumin (RPG?)-Been wanting to play this forever, Pixy said he beat it like 4x so it has to be good, right?
[/url]
I dunno, Pixy likes some games that aren't necessarily for everyone, I get the feeling.

Anyway, fujishig, how was the Tales game you mentioned? I do kind of like that series.

I just got my PSP slim, the white ceramic one, for about $170. Black and silver were sold out. The feel is really nice but I can't do anything with it just yet, no memory! I have the following ordered, and on the way:

4 gb Sony memory card
Jeanne D'Arc
Brave Story
Tekken
Lego Star Wars 2
Wipeout
Killzone: Liberation
Old 09-25-07, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Just finished Jeanne D'Arc and it did win me over in a big way by the end. I wasn't thrilled the first 10 hours in, but I ended up putting 40 hours into it and loving the game. The story and cut scenes are great and the characters are much better than most RPGs. Level 5 is really establishing themselves as one of the elite. I'm not even sure what I want to play next on the PSP, but I have a few things on deck. I may focus on the PC for awhile.

BTW, went to go get the remote for the PSP, but I just couldn't rationalize the $30 price tag especially when I have no need for the headphones. I'll have to hope I can find just the remote cheaper on ebay or something.
Old 09-26-07, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Chris_D
I dunno, Pixy likes some games that aren't necessarily for everyone, I get the feeling.

Anyway, fujishig, how was the Tales game you mentioned? I do kind of like that series.

I just got my PSP slim, the white ceramic one, for about $170. Black and silver were sold out. The feel is really nice but I can't do anything with it just yet, no memory! I have the following ordered, and on the way:

4 gb Sony memory card
Jeanne D'Arc
Brave Story
Tekken
Lego Star Wars 2
Wipeout
I'm in the reverse situation. I'm still waiting to pick up the Vader PSP bundle, but I've already picked up the following items in advance:

4 GB SanDisk Memory Stick
Jeanne D'Arc
Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Me and My Katamari

I still need to pick up:

LocoRoco
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
Tekken: Dark Resurrection
Justice League Heroes
Marvel Ultimate Alliance (if I can find it for a good price)

Last edited by Yavin; 09-26-07 at 09:55 AM.
Old 09-26-07, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Killzone actually just arrived today, so I had a quick mess around, minus ability to save of course. And it seemed pretty fun. Nice to see my new psp finally running a game at least .
Old 09-26-07, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Question: I have a couple of extra Wii remote wrist straps (the ones that Nintendo sent out to people last December). I used one for my DS. But does the PSP also have a spot where I can attach the same type of wrist strap? I.e., will I be able to attach my Wii remote wrist strap to the new slim PSP?
Old 09-26-07, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Anybody know what the deal is with the upcoming Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops +? Is it just the current title with an enhanced online aspect?
Old 09-26-07, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Yavin
Question: I have a couple of extra Wii remote wrist straps (the ones that Nintendo sent out to people last December). I used one for my DS. But does the PSP also have a spot where I can attach the same type of wrist strap? I.e., will I be able to attach my Wii remote wrist strap to the new slim PSP?
Yep. I used to never attach my wrist strap, but now it would feel weird not to have it on my wrist whenever I play.

The Wii one should work just fine.

Although the official white leather PSP strap is really classy looking, you may wanna grab one if you ever see it cheap. Looks great on my silver PSP, I bet it would look even better on the white/Vader PSP.
Old 09-26-07, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yep. I used to never attach my wrist strap, but now it would feel weird not to have it on my wrist whenever I play.

The Wii one should work just fine.

Although the official white leather PSP strap is really classy looking, you may wanna grab one if you ever see it cheap. Looks great on my silver PSP, I bet it would look even better on the white/Vader PSP.
Thanks for the info. Good to know that the Wiimote wrist strap will work fine with the slim PSP. I'll probably stick with using that unless the leather strap can be had for dirt cheap. I'm also looking forward to hunting down some nice import PSP silicone skins and cases come October.
Old 09-26-07, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Honestly, I haven't even opened up Tales of Eternia, but I hear it's great. I wanted to finish Tales of Phantasia (GBA) first, but got bored near the end and never did, so it's sitting in my PSP RPG unfinished pile waiting for me to finish Jeanne and Brave Story (and maybe someday Valkyrie Profile).
Old 09-26-07, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig
Honestly, I haven't even opened up Tales of Eternia, but I hear it's great. I wanted to finish Tales of Phantasia (GBA) first, but got bored near the end and never did, so it's sitting in my PSP RPG unfinished pile waiting for me to finish Jeanne and Brave Story (and maybe someday Valkyrie Profile).
That's funny. I'm currently 1/2 way through Jeann D'Arc, next is Brave Story and then Tales of Eternia also. Although if I can't finish all those by Oct. 30 I may just go ahead and start Disgaea.

Originally Posted by Yavin
Thanks for the info. Good to know that the Wiimote wrist strap will work fine with the slim PSP. I'll probably stick with using that unless the leather strap can be had for dirt cheap. I'm also looking forward to hunting down some nice import PSP silicone skins and cases come October.
Check the used accessories section at Gamestop from time to time, they actually buy that strap from people and sell it for like a buck I think. I like it cuz it has /\ [] O X embossed on it._

Last edited by boston george; 09-26-07 at 11:14 PM.
Old 09-26-07, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I guess I'm in no hurry to try and get Tales since I'm about to have 6 unplayed psp games in my hands .
Old 09-27-07, 09:09 AM

Has anyone else seen the new earbuds/remote control for the PSP-2000? It's super-classy looking, but I couldn't beieve it cost $29.99! Ouch. Anyway, Target has them in stock and also is stocking the component cables
Old 09-27-07, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm strongly leaning toward picking up Guilty Gear Judgment as well, because I can't get enough of 2-D fighters and I love the art style. From what I can tell, this is nowhere to be found in mainstream stores. I went to an independent games retailer a couple of weeks ago and saw a copy behind the counter. I think it was tagged at $48.99 Cdn. Can anyone tell me if this game is rare enough to justify that price?

Also, even though I was planning on picking up Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga for the DS in November, should I actually go ahead and pick up Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy for the PSP as well/instead? I never picked up the DS version due to the much talked about bugs that plagued it, and from what I read the DS version also removed a bunch of stages from the game. I'm guessing that with The Complete Saga on the DS, even more stages will be missing because they'll have to cram all 6 episodes onto the cart. With the low price of LSWII (about $20) would it be better worth my while on the PSP?

Last edited by Yavin; 09-27-07 at 09:53 AM.
Old 09-27-07, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Guilty Gear Judgement was being clearanced out at CC, so if you're lucky you'll find a copy for 12.99. I have, however, been unable to find Street Fighter Alpha for a while now.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.