World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Old 12-06-10, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Go time is midnight Pacific.

Wondering exactly what time you’ll be able to begin playing your goblin or worgen or making your way to level 85? On all North American realms, World of Warcraft players who upgrade to Cataclysm will be able to begin experiencing the new content at 12 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (3 a.m. Eastern Standard Time) on December 7, whether they purchase the digital download through Battle.net or buy a physical retail boxed version in stores. Players will not be able to access Cataclysm expansion content prior to 12 a.m. PST, regardless of how they upgrade or what time zone they’re located in.
Old 12-07-10, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 413 Likes on 309 Posts

Lol. That sucks for the East Coasters. I wonder how many people are calling in for work or taking a vacation tomorrow. Or, in the case of the Alliance, skipping school.

I have to admit, all the hoopla has me actually itching to play again, but I can resist. My brother in-law was always playing and questing with me, and he;s in Iraq until May or so. That's when we will both probably return.

I figure by then, we both come back and get in a raiding guild that has the new instances on farm status. That way it's easy pickings for the new items. Plus, we get to experience the new quests without 2379462 other people trying to do the same.
Old 12-07-10, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm playing ally and I'm skipping work not school thank you very much lol.. I requested the day off so i am not playing hooky.
Old 12-07-10, 04:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Typical Alliance characters are helmed by kids in school from my experience. Home schooled kids are worse, they are on all the time.
Old 12-07-10, 05:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Did a few runs of Blackrock Caverns and that was a blast. First time through it was all about learning the boss fights. There were even some pulls the tank had me sap targets. Think the last time I used CC in a dungeon was BC ! Got some super nice blue drops that were upgrades. Need to go to bed now.
Old 12-07-10, 05:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

New stuff? I remember LBRS and UBRS and BRD...classic. Did they revamp them?
Old 12-07-10, 06:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe every dungeon on Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms has been revamped/changed.
Old 12-07-10, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I rolled a worgan rogue this morning before work. I wanted LonChaneyJr, but naturally that was taken so I went with the more obscure JackGoodman (from American Werewolf in London). Just played for 30 minutes or so. I didn't know the worgan characters start as a plain human and are bitten and turn worgen. I can't wait to get back home and see how that comes about.
Old 12-07-10, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Watched a friend play (at work, ) a bit. He was doing Black Rock Caverns, which is a level 80 instance. Looked pretty cool. Must... leave... work... now! Good thing I can't play until UPS delivers my copy.
Old 12-07-10, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts

I gave up on the underwater area after about a 1/2 a level. Seems kind of buggy. There's phase issues, and I kept having problems with my seahorse mount (It wouldn't let me mount him where I know I should be able to)

Hope Hyjal is more stable!
Old 12-07-10, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
New stuff? I remember LBRS and UBRS and BRD...classic. Did they revamp them?
They revamped almost all of the classic dungeons. Places like Dire Maul, Maraudon, and Uldaman were split into wings to make the runs shorter. Each wing has their own separate boss fights. Deadmines and Shadowfang Keep got re-done and there's also a level 85 heroic version of each of them. I think they changed up Scholomance too.....it was a lvl 50's dungeon before and now its a mid 30's to low 40's 5-man instance.

The dungeon I ran last night was in Black Rock Spire, called Black Rock Caverns. I believe this is a completely new dungeon because I never remember running this in vanilla.
Old 12-07-10, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yes, BRC is completely new. It has five bosses.

Black Rock Depths is now just a normal zone. I guess it has a quest hub inside it?

edit: Maybe BRD didn't change, I'm seeing conflicting info. I swear when my friend ran inside through the zone portal there were other people running around in it.
Old 12-07-10, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner

Received 161 Likes on 123 Posts

come on Nick you know you want to come back

Old 12-07-10, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Love playing the worgen. You don't get to see the inital transformation. But you can /transform between human and worgen form at any time and it's epic! Love the use of phasing in the starting area as well.
Old 12-07-10, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

A crack addiction is cheaper to maintain than paying for this game.
Old 12-07-10, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by edstein
A crack addiction is cheaper to maintain than paying for this game.
I'm pretty sure that isn't true. A MMO is pretty damn cheap in comparison to the amount of time you'll spend playing for only $15 a month. What the hell kind of crack are you buying?
Old 12-07-10, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I haven't played in years, but I miss how cheap the game was. Monetarily, at least. If you put a $ value on your time, it's horrifically expensive.
Old 12-07-10, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel
Yeah, I haven't played in years, but I miss how cheap the game was. Monetarily, at least. If you put a $ value on your time, it's horrifically expensive.
How would that differ at all from playing any other game? Or whatever else you deem a "waste of time"?
Old 12-07-10, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by flashburn
How would that differ at all from playing any other game? Or whatever else you deem a "waste of time"?
Did I say it was different?
Old 12-08-10, 03:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Setzer
They revamped almost all of the classic dungeons. Places like Dire Maul, Maraudon, and Uldaman were split into wings to make the runs shorter. Each wing has their own separate boss fights. Deadmines and Shadowfang Keep got re-done and there's also a level 85 heroic version of each of them. I think they changed up Scholomance too.....it was a lvl 50's dungeon before and now its a mid 30's to low 40's 5-man instance.

The dungeon I ran last night was in Black Rock Spire, called Black Rock Caverns. I believe this is a completely new dungeon because I never remember running this in vanilla.
That's awesome. My brother-in-law will love that as he was a big fan of the old school dungeons.

How are they handling the Arthas issue, since he is technically defeated. Does he come into play in any of the new content? What about Illidan?

Is Dalaran dead like Shattrath was? What's the new main gathering point? Org and Ironforge again?

How fun is it to fly over the old world zones?

Originally Posted by Canadian Bacon
come on Nick you know you want to come back

Bastard! I do want to come back, no doubt, I just can't right now. Too much going on. Got a kid on the way, and we are sooo busy with everything. I am lucky I get to play some Xbox
Old 12-08-10, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Is this game ever coming to xbox 360 or ps3? I really dislike playing with mouse and keyboard. And don't give me the 'it can only be played with m&k' argument. Ff11 works fine with a controller on consoles.
Old 12-08-10, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

WoW on consoles

That'll be the day.

Because it worked so well for Final Fantasy and EQ.
Old 12-08-10, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No.

It honestly wouldn't work well, you just need to use too many different spells/skills. Not enough combination of buttons to do it. They would have to rebalance/simplify the game specifically for consoles.

When you have 50+ skills or spells that you may need to use at any one time, plus a pretty crazy inventory system to manage, it just wouldn't work. So, sorry, "it can only be played with m&k".
Old 12-08-10, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by joeblow69
I gave up on the underwater area after about a 1/2 a level. Seems kind of buggy. There's phase issues, and I kept having problems with my seahorse mount (It wouldn't let me mount him where I know I should be able to)

Hope Hyjal is more stable!
I believe the mounting issue is that it will not let you mount the seahorse when you are standing on the ground underwater. If you jump up slightly you should be able to mount fine.

I took launch day off work too, and after taking a nap Monday evening I played straight through until Tuesday afternoon... It was like being a kid again!
Old 12-08-10, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

True about the mount.

I encountered one bug on the boat over to Vashj'ir, where the guy on the other end of the breadcrumb quest wouldn't accept it. So I had to go back (I hadn't reset my Hearthstone yet, fortunately), abandon and reaccept the quest to complete it.

I also had a "disconnected from server" in the middle of a fight, which I haven't had problems with before (connected right back up with no problems, though). So, a few glitches to work around, as expected.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.