Reload this Page >

World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Old 12-08-10, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

My wife got her LE copy of Cataclysm last night and has been playing it pretty much non-stop, she really seems to like a lot and has a worgen going and has already tackled some of the new content on her level 80 druid.

For myself, I'm still Lich King (I figure I'll get around to the new content for my 80 shadow priest after xmas). However after the patch, I've noticed that levels fly by like no tomorrow. I took a level 30 hunter that I was just messing around with (I call him Eazymode, so that should be a clue) and got him to 40 in no time at all. Some of that was rested xp, but most of it was not. He was doing a combination of Northern Stranglethorn and Plaguelands (and of course dungeons). I really like the quest structure and how an actual story is built rather than just random fetch quests.

WoW does feel like it is new again (to some extent).

Oh, and as a hunter, Foxes are an awesome addition (and so is the much larger stable).
Old 12-08-10, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,607 Likes on 1,006 Posts

I tried to get on last night but the game wouldn't get past the loading screen once I selected my character. It might have been an issue with how crowded my server was, and I should have turned off my addons. I will try it again tonight, but I'm looking forward to taking my 80 hunter into the new zones. I went and picked up a fox and a dog earlier this week so I'm good to go.
Old 12-08-10, 01:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Draven
I tried to get on last night but the game wouldn't get past the loading screen once I selected my character. It might have been an issue with how crowded my server was, and I should have turned off my addons. I will try it again tonight, but I'm looking forward to taking my 80 hunter into the new zones. I went and picked up a fox and a dog earlier this week so I'm good to go.
Interestingly enough, I did have a lockup last night in the middle of a dungeon (Dire Maul is much improved on the flipside). I don't know if it is new or not, but when I came back (I reckon the group got done),I was hearthed all the way back to Darnassus without doing anything. (which sucks when you are questing in Plaguelands). Truthfully, I should have already set my hearth to Ironforge or Stormwind, but alas...hindsight
Old 12-08-10, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

played yesterday and got to 81 questing in hyjal. tons of fun! its also nice looking forward to quest rewards again for upgrades
Old 12-08-10, 02:22 PM

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

Whew. Had some marathon sessions yesterday (about 12 hours, all told) and am 75% through level 82, questing in Deepholm. Mount Hyjal was a blast and I LOVE flying around in Azeroth, even if it's only swooping around Orgrimmar.

There have been a few stability issues that I've noticed (Battle.net went down last night), and I had a 200 person queue when I tried to log in around 8pm, but other than that it's been great.

I ran Blackrock Caverns once and it was pretty cool. Had a bit of trouble figuring out the third bosses mechanic since none of us had been there before. But we got it done.

The tricky thing is that you can't queue for a dungeon in the dungeon finder until you discover the entrance first. So I haven't done Throne of the Tides yet, since I haven't been to Vashj'ir.

And yes, I've already replaced a ton of gear, especially now that I'm in the level 82 zone. Just got a two-handed axe from a quest that has an iLevel of 319. Pretty crazy, considering that heroic ICC25 dropped level 277 gear.
Old 12-08-10, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 378 Likes on 282 Posts

Damn, Xander. Get some sleep
Old 12-09-10, 07:34 AM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any of you guys as nuts about WoW like those people in the documentary Second Skin? I would love to play WoW, but I am confident I would get completely obsessed with it.
Old 12-09-10, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not me. I have been playing off and on for years, since Alpha. I've done a bit of everything, but I always have no issue quitting, sometimes for a year or more at a time. Usually I'll sign back up whenever there are not as many other games coming out that I'm interested in. I really can quit whenever I want to! I swear!
Old 12-09-10, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Got my shaman to 85 last night. I will probably be starting on my druid next. The last level is crazy with over 9 million exp pts needed.
Old 12-09-10, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,607 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Originally Posted by flashburn
Not me. I have been playing off and on for years, since Alpha. I've done a bit of everything, but I always have no issue quitting, sometimes for a year or more at a time. Usually I'll sign back up whenever there are not as many other games coming out that I'm interested in. I really can quit whenever I want to! I swear!
I'm the same way. I play for about 6 months or so and then walk away for awhile. And I get bored with the endgame, so I'm always starting over.
Old 12-09-10, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The last levels were always tough. Wait til people complain, then Blizzard will make it easier like they have the rest of the leveling. With rested XP and questing, it shouldn't be too hard.

How early can you start the new quests and such? Maybe 78ish? Or do you have to be 80?

I had a dream I was playing WoW last night. Damn this thread
Old 12-09-10, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I believe 78, just like Outlands at 58, and Northrend at 68.
Old 12-09-10, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

9 million XP for 84-85? wow!

i'm at 81.5 now (on my rogue) with about 20-25 quests left in hyjal. i'm also leveling my prot pally in vashjir but only at about 80.3 now. i just got this character to 80 last week so all the quest rewards are huge upgrades for me.

the joust thing in hyjal was amazing. egg phase!

some of the quest rewards are annoying, like they give you blue melee dps leather shoulders in one quest then 2 more quests have melee dps leather shoulders as rewards while at the same time there wasnt been other leather melee dps pieces offered
Old 12-09-10, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
Damn, Xander. Get some sleep
Heh. I did actually take a wife-imposed break between 3pm and 8pm on Tuesday.

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
How early can you start the new quests and such? Maybe 78ish? Or do you have to be 80?
You can enter the new zones, but you cannot take any of the new quests until you are level 80.

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
some of the quest rewards are annoying, like they give you blue melee dps leather shoulders in one quest then 2 more quests have melee dps leather shoulders as rewards while at the same time there wasnt been other leather melee dps pieces offered
I agree that the itemization has been weird. I've upgraded the same slot (like my shoulders) several times over, while a couple other items haven't been upgraded at all. Strange. But I'm not that worried about it. Between Uldum/Twilight Highlands quest rewards, level 85 dungeon drops, rep rewards and crafted pieces, there are plenty of options to get geared up for heroics.
Old 12-09-10, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Xander
You can enter the new zones, but you cannot take any of the new quests until you are level 80.
You sure about that? WoWHead lists many of the quests as only needing level 78 to acquire them.
Old 12-09-10, 01:16 PM

Fairly sure. People on WoW Insider were reporting that the quests in Mt Hyjal were not available to them at 78.
Old 12-09-10, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Odd, since that deviates from the way previous expansions have worked. Maybe its unintended.
Old 12-09-10, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts

I just wrote this in /guild last night:

"There's just something about this expansion that makes me wish I had something better to do with my life right now"

I don't know what it is, but I'm just not having fun anymore. I finally realized last night that the reason I was playing was to kill time, not because I really cared about any of it.

I think my WoW journey might be over.

/weep
Old 12-09-10, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Take a break. It helps. Come back after a month or two when they patch it next.
Old 12-11-10, 03:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I can't believe how much more fun getting to 20 has been. The Undead areas and quests are familiar but so much better now. Glad I came back from my 3 year hiatus.
Old 12-11-10, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just hit 85 but unfortunately they arent selling the PVP gear yet and I am almost capped on honor. Man I need to get better gear I have like 13% crit as a rogue but having 93,000 life is great
Old 12-12-10, 05:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I remember back in the days when your tank having 20k hp was considered uber.
Old 12-12-10, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah I am going to go and see how I do soloing some heroic level 70 stuff such as magisters terrace to get the mount. wish they still had ZG in the game so I could go get the tiger sucks I missed out on that
Old 12-13-10, 02:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I always had fun going back and dominating the old world and then BC instances while Wrath was the latest expansion.
Old 12-13-10, 03:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bluntman72
Just hit 85 but unfortunately they arent selling the PVP gear yet and I am almost capped on honor. Man I need to get better gear I have like 13% crit as a rogue but having 93,000 life is great
Yep, love the 90K+ HP but my crit chance went from 50% at lvl 80 down to 15% at 85. Really sucks! The high HP is gonna make solo farming alot of the BC dungeons super easy......even some of the raid stuff!

I got lucky and picked up a sweet new ride....

Its called Reins of the Drake of the North Wind and it drops in The Vortex Pinnacle. Got it with a roll of 100.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.