Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bully

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-08, 07:03 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I started playing it the other day. I really like it thus far, but not as much as any of the recent GTA games. However, I still think it's better than 90% of the games that get released these days.

I'm somewhere in chapter 3. I've been having fun trying to get the different achievements. I'd like to get the one for getting 100%, but I think I'm screwed for that one since I didn't knock over any tombstones or pumpkins on Halloween. It kind of seems like it's a waste of time to go for that achievement anyway.
Old 04-29-08, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
Holy crap I just realized I still have this game sitting unopened. With GTA IV on the way, I doubt I'll be trying this out anytime soon.
Old 04-29-08, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Wick
I started playing it the other day. I really like it thus far, but not as much as any of the recent GTA games. However, I still think it's better than 90% of the games that get released these days.

I'm somewhere in chapter 3. I've been having fun trying to get the different achievements. I'd like to get the one for getting 100%, but I think I'm screwed for that one since I didn't knock over any tombstones or pumpkins on Halloween. It kind of seems like it's a waste of time to go for that achievement anyway.
You don't have to break them all on Halloween. The remaining pumpkins are stored in the boiler room of the school and you can go there at any time to break them. Same with the tombstones, which are stored in the Spencer Shipping warehouse once you unlock the Blue Skies Industrial Park chapter.
Old 04-29-08, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Originally Posted by nickdawgy
Holy crap I just realized I still have this game sitting unopened. With GTA IV on the way, I doubt I'll be trying this out anytime soon.
Look at it this way - once you finish GTA IV, if your jonesing for a similar game you can then play Bully.
Old 05-01-08, 05:21 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by matome
You don't have to break them all on Halloween. The remaining pumpkins are stored in the boiler room of the school and you can go there at any time to break them. Same with the tombstones, which are stored in the Spencer Shipping warehouse once you unlock the Blue Skies Industrial Park chapter.
Thanks for the information. I might try to get 100%, but I doubt I'll have the time. Plus, I still have about 100+ games in my backlog which scares the Hell out of me.
Old 06-20-08, 05:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I finally got around to playing this, and got 20% done. The game then froze on the Miracle on Bullworth St. level and I had to load my 8% completed game. Pissed me off big time. I am so pissed I probably won't play this again for awhile now.
Old 06-20-08, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I finally got around to playing this, and got 20% done. The game then froze on the Miracle on Bullworth St. level and I had to load my 8% completed game. Pissed me off big time. I am so pissed I probably won't play this again for awhile now.
So I guess there were never any further patches for this on the 360?

A fun game for sure, but definitely one of the buggiest I've played on a console.
Old 06-20-08, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It patched when I loaded it up, but other people have been getting this bug as well. It happens when you accidentally hit the Santa. He attacks you, and knocks you back. My guy was laying on the ground with his hands in the air slowly sliding backwards.
Old 06-20-08, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I saved the game after every completing every mission. The game is very buggy. I got the 9 classes achievement before the 6 classes one.
Old 04-16-09, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Bully

So, is the game still buggy after all these patches? ... I just picked it up from Newegg.com ...
Old 04-17-09, 02:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I didn't start playing it until the patch was released. I only had one freeze up, and played the shit out of the game. I got 100% on it.
Old 04-17-09, 05:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
So I guess there were never any further patches for this on the 360?

A fun game for sure, but definitely one of the buggiest I've played on a console.
The older 360's...not sure about the newer systems....are just plain buggy. A big thumbs down to Microsoft...hell...it only took them the majority of the past three years to admit the 360 system had problems on a wide scale basis. My 360 still runs....but there are so many errors when playing games it truly becomes very tedious after awhile to continue playing. Sometimes I simply feel like going to the top of the Empire State Building and chucking it.
Old 04-17-09, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Rebel FM is doing this for game club. I've been playing on the old WII. I'm not to far end. Currently it looks to be Halloween time. The last thing I did was to get a diary back for a nerdy girl. I tried protecting some guy running for president but they kill him each time, but I do get better at guarding him each time.
Old 04-17-09, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wait until you have to kiss a guy several times.
Old 04-17-09, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Raul3
Wait until you have to kiss a guy several times.
It's a normal Friday night for him so no big deal.