Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official Wii Pre-Order Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-06, 01:39 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pinata242
What's this? Is this a $350 bundle now with 2 games or what? Are you in the US?
I live in Canada. It's a $400 bundle, and it includes the system, two Wiimotes, and two games. The games are supposedly the customer's choice. I'm going to try to do my best to get there early on launch day, in order to get a copy of Zelda and Red Steel.
Old 09-15-06, 02:06 PM

So, is it also including Wii Sports (is that the only way the system is being released?) If so, that's pretty cool. Well, using a currency converter your $400 CAD would be $357.40 in USD, so you'd save about $30 (250+30+50+50=380). Not too bad, not incredible, but hey, a penny saved.
Old 09-15-06, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by thomkai
So, is it also including Wii Sports (is that the only way the system is being released?) If so, that's pretty cool. Well, using a currency converter your $400 CAD would be $357.40 in USD, so you'd save about $30 (250+30+50+50=380). Not too bad, not incredible, but hey, a penny saved.
+ at least $40 for the second Wiimote. + another $20 if that includes the Nunchuck.

I'd be all over the same bundle here, as I'm sure everyone would.
Old 09-15-06, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by pinata242
+ at least $40 for the second Wiimote. + another $20 if that includes the Nunchuck.

I'd be all over the same bundle here, as I'm sure everyone would.
Oh, I added $30 for the controller, but $50 or $60 with the nunchuck sounds right. So a savings of maybe $50! That is actually quite good. I'd be all over it.
Old 09-15-06, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so any website where you can enter your email and receive an alert when the Wii is available in a website?
There was a place for the Xbox 360 that I forgot, something like this:

http://www.wiishlist.com/
Old 09-16-06, 12:51 AM
Retired

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=107954

Looks like to preorder a Wii or PS3 at EB/Gamestop you have to trade in $50 worth of stuff, and that the preorders will start on Monday and only run for a week.

You can't use cash or store credit you already have, the $50 must come from that. Once you trade in more than $50, you can pay the balance off with whatever.

They also aren't guaranteeing you're Wii on any certain date. It is still first come first serve in order of preorder. I'm not too worried about that, as that's probably more for the PS3, and them just being cautious after the mess they had with the 360 preorders.

It is kind of annoying, but I was planning on trading in my x-box and the couple of games I still have for it, so if this is true it works for me and I'll jump on it Monday evening.
Old 09-16-06, 01:11 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Hmmmm...they say you can't use cash or store credit....you think my credit card will work?
Old 09-16-06, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
http://www...php?t=107954

Looks like to preorder a Wii or PS3 at EB/Gamestop you have to trade in $50 worth of stuff, and that the preorders will start on Monday and only run for a week.

You can't use cash or store credit you already have, the $50 must come from that. Once you trade in more than $50, you can pay the balance off with whatever.

They also aren't guaranteeing you're Wii on any certain date. It is still first come first serve in order of preorder. I'm not too worried about that, as that's probably more for the PS3, and them just being cautious after the mess they had with the 360 preorders.

It is kind of annoying, but I was planning on trading in my x-box and the couple of games I still have for it, so if this is true it works for me and I'll jump on it Monday evening.
Annoyingly clever. It makes it so that they don't have to refund you if your Wii comes in late and you change your mind/get it somewhere else. You're stuck with store credit or waiting.
Old 09-16-06, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by vhgong
Hmmmm...they say you can't use cash or store credit....you think my credit card will work?
I'd say nothing works, only trading in. You know GameStop/EB and their trade-in pushing.
Old 09-16-06, 01:43 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Well, if we're doing that, nobody told me. Are you sure that isn't just one or two stores trying to artificially inflate their trade numbers? I don't know if the store can legally force you to trade for pre-orders.
Old 09-16-06, 01:46 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by pizzamousechips
Annoyingly clever. It makes it so that they don't have to refund you if your Wii comes in late and you change your mind/get it somewhere else. You're stuck with store credit or waiting.
Well, the thing is that, if its $20 down on a trade, i'll bite. But $50??? Why would i want to trade in and make a loss on my games if i am not even sure i'll get the consoles at launch. I am sure there is an opportunity somewhere for them to get sued!!!
Old 09-16-06, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
Well, if we're doing that, nobody told me. Are you sure that isn't just one or two stores trying to artificially inflate their trade numbers? I don't know if the store can legally force you to trade for pre-orders.
They weren't legally able to force bundles after originally selling singles either. But, they still did.
Old 09-16-06, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I hope you're right. I haven't checked locally yet, but this would guarantee a non-sale for me. I don't trade things in, simple as that, let alone would I have $50 worth of stuff to dump.
Old 09-16-06, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Gamestop/EB story from GoNintendo: http://gonintendo.com/?p=5671
Old 09-16-06, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I may do that and cancel my amazon order.
Old 09-16-06, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by edstein
I may do that and cancel my amazon order.
edstein....I'm not sure I would rely on them to deliver your system around release unless they are able to confirm a number and guarantee your preorder. I guess it depends on whether or not you want your system around the release date or if you can wait for additional units as they arrive. I think I will stick with my Amazon preorder and hope for the best. I feel pretty good about having it in already. Had my order in at Amazon prior to word hitting the forums. Good luck with whatever path you choose.
Old 09-16-06, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

http://www...php?t=107954

Josh,

Any idea what they give for a working Gamecube? I am going to stick with my Amazon preorder but may go ahead and give up my Cube to help pay for another system. I am hoping one of these pan out for my son's Xmas. A Wii along with Mario Galaxy and Zelda Twilight Princess will have him jumping up and down.
Old 09-16-06, 09:49 AM
Retired

Originally Posted by djones6746
Josh,

Any idea what they give for a working Gamecube? I am going to stick with my Amazon preorder but may go ahead and give up my Cube to help pay for another system. I am hoping one of these pan out for my son's Xmas. A Wii along with Mario Galaxy and Zelda Twilight Princess will have him jumping up and down.

Last I checked GC hardware was $35.
Old 09-16-06, 09:51 AM
Retired

edstein....I'm not sure I would rely on them to deliver your system around release unless they are able to confirm a number and guarantee your preorder. I guess it depends on whether or not you want your system around the release date or if you can wait for additional units as they arrive.
As long as you get a decent number in the list, you should be fine on the Wii. The wii should be easy to find. They're shipping 4 million in the US and Japan by the end of 2006, with the US getting the majority of those.

I would be hesitant to do this for the PS3 though. But with the Wii I'm sure everyone that preorders (especially if this deal is true as it will keep the numbers below what the preorders would be otherwise--which is probably another part of their strategy) will get one at or shortly after launch.
Old 09-16-06, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I am hoping one of these pan out for my son's Xmas. A Wii along with Mario Galaxy and Zelda Twilight Princess will have him jumping up and down.
Dude, a Wii with Mario and Zelda will even have me jumping up and down...
Old 09-16-06, 10:15 AM
Retired

Hard to say, I've seen it on several sites, but it's largely just postign the same flyer.

Most gamestore employees have posted that they know nothing of it either. But there was one who posted that it was true, and they were tripling staff for monday and will be getting 10 PS3s and 20 Wiis on launch day. But he could be full of shit, so time will tell I guess.
Old 09-16-06, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
Dude, a Wii with Mario and Zelda will even have me jumping up and down...
Old 09-16-06, 10:37 AM
Retired

BTW, Mario Galaxy isn't coming out until next year either.
Old 09-16-06, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I probably dont have $50 worth of video game stuff to give them. I guess Ill have to throw in dvds.
Old 09-16-06, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

BTW, Mario Galaxy isn't coming out until next year either.
Bummer...guess he will have to settle with Zelda for now.

I figured Ebgames website was somewhat in the know as far as release dates. They have this slated for November.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.