Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Test Drive Unlimited for xbox 360

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 09-09-06, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone else bought this game? There is an insert that says if you refer someone else to the game and we both enter our codes (in manual) we get 2 exclusive cars. Does anyone on here who already has the game wish to go in with me so we can both benefit from this offer? I am not telling anyone to go out and buy this so i hope my request here does not violate any forum rules.

Thanks
Old 09-10-06, 03:29 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I bought it on Tuesday. I have the offer as well, and I'm definitely interested in using it.

Add my gamertag: Wick98 and send me a message if you want.
Old 09-10-06, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been playing the demo and really like it. I might pick it up. Damn motorcycle is too hard to control
Old 09-10-06, 08:13 AM

Wick! send me a personal e-mail at [email protected] with your referrel code and i will do the same. My XBoxlive name is kunane954.
Old 09-10-06, 05:13 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

We only need to use one code, right?
Old 09-11-06, 08:14 AM

We need to use each other's code together. if I had your e-mail I would send you mine.
Old 09-11-06, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll be getting this shortly and wouldn't mind doing this too
Old 09-11-06, 06:24 PM

Ive already got the game and the code, someone let me know if you want to combine codes.

Last edited by bulldozer3; 09-11-06 at 09:52 PM.
Old 09-11-06, 08:05 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by CaptStormy
We need to use each other's code together. if I had your e-mail I would send you mine.
Okay, I'll e-mail you my code.
Old 09-12-06, 12:44 PM

This game is great, I'm having a lot of fun with it.
Old 09-12-06, 06:03 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Yeah, it's a lot of fun. You can tell that they put a lot of work into it.
Old 09-12-06, 08:04 PM

I haven't liked a Test Drive game since Test Drive III on the PC back in the early 90's so this one really surprised me. I also like the fact that it's usually sunny and easy to see where you're going in the game. Most of the free roam driving games seem to be set at night.
Old 09-12-06, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 378 Likes on 282 Posts
I tried the demo and really pissed off a couple of people online by beating them easily in a race. All I heard was "This d00d iz ghey"
Old 09-15-06, 09:35 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

I cranked this game up last night. I'm really digging the multiplayer integration into my single player game. The map feature really kicks ass as well.

Has anyone found the quickest method to making the big bucks? I completed several challenges in my weak Audi so far as well as a $80,000 delivery mission, but I'd still like to max out the cash. Does a faster car translate to quicker earnings or do the races adapt to the level of car you drive? Does real estate factor into increased monetary gain?

Shoot, i better start numbering these:

1. Does DVDTalk have a Club setup yet?

2. What's with the player created challenges? Do entry fees for player created challenges go into my bank account and rewards are taken out if they are beaten?

3. What's the point of character clothing customization? I've got tons of these clothing coupons so far. Are any Xbox Live users ever going to see my new threads?

4. Rental cars: What do the 10 & 20 numbers signify? Time? Number of races?
Old 09-15-06, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Flay
I cranked this game up last night. I'm really digging the multiplayer integration into my single player game. The map feature really kicks ass as well.

Has anyone found the quickest method to making the big bucks? I completed several challenges in my weak Audi so far as well as a $80,000 delivery mission, but I'd still like to max out the cash. Does a faster car translate to quicker earnings or do the races adapt to the level of car you drive? Does real estate factor into increased monetary gain?

Shoot, i better start numbering these:

1. Does DVDTalk have a Club setup yet?

2. What's with the player created challenges? Do entry fees for player created challenges go into my bank account and rewards are taken out if they are beaten?

3. What's the point of character clothing customization? I've got tons of these clothing coupons so far. Are any Xbox Live users ever going to see my new threads?

4. Rental cars: What do the 10 & 20 numbers signify? Time? Number of races?
1. No but we should. I'm not sure what level one needs to be at to start a club.
2. I think those work like a silent auction type thing. You create a challenge and it's posted for a set time. The winner of the challenge gets 90% of the entry fees, while the creator gets 10%. I think they sit in a virtual pool, not in your account.
2. No clue.
4. Minutes. Straight up.

I popped this in last night too, and was surprised. I didn't enjoy the E3 demo that much, but this has redeemed itself. The MMO aspect is pretty cool, and the instant challenges are interesting. I whooped some dude from Japan last night - he declined a rematch.

Oh, and if anyone else wants to do the code swap let me know. I've got it at home and can send it out this evening.
Old 09-15-06, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have got to say, I really am loving the demo of this game, and really have to pick it up. As Flay said, the multiplayer integration into the single player game is great. I didn't realize that I was up against other players until after I noticed all of the people that I had played against on Live.
Old 09-15-06, 02:26 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Sweet Sassy Molassy! I finally found a game map scan for those who are renting the game (like me):

http://members.shaw.ca/NJayaranjan/TDUMAP.jpg

It really helps when using the FAQ over at the Xbox.com forums.

Last edited by Flay; 09-15-06 at 02:31 PM.
Old 09-15-06, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

FWIW - Atari sent me a video walkthrough (not sure what it is yet) and the Prima guide. So if you have questions post here, and if I feel like it I can look things up for you
Old 09-16-06, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

so it looks like you need 350k to start a club...i'm about a third of the way there. Who's interested in joining a DVDTalk club?
Old 09-16-06, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just a quick question. I just got a 360 and this game, so the whole console is new to me. I'm still seeing what it's capable of. Is it normal for there to be a slight "lag" in the graphics here and there, I guess like it's loading a new area to roam in? There just seem to be slight pauses in the scenery from time to time when I'm driving. Just wondered if this is normal. It's not a major distraction, and I could definitely understand it considering the detail of the scenery.
Old 09-17-06, 03:53 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Redcat, the slight graphical hitching is normal. The countryside is a bit smoother, btw. The city is what bogs down the framerate.

I'll join or start the club, Jeff. I've got $500K in reserve with my B, C, E, F class cars along with a sweet motorcycle. The money should flow in faster once I get enough achievements to get to Champion. I hear there is a $70,000 prize race that takes about 20 to 30 seconds to complete, which can be repeated incessantly. Although, the package / car delivery missions will be pretty damn lucrative at this point.
Old 09-17-06, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i do love the car delivery ones, I had one perfect until the last 2/10 of a mile, when some fucking dude cut me off...so instead of 90k I ended up with 87k. the 3k wasn't worth doing the 15 miles again.

Yeah, feel free to start the club I had 350k, but decided to pick up a couple corvettes (just for the acheivement actually). Now i'm down to 100K and need another house soon.
Old 09-17-06, 06:09 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
i do love the car delivery ones, I had one perfect until the last 2/10 of a mile, when some fucking dude cut me off...so instead of 90k I ended up with 87k. the 3k wasn't worth doing the 15 miles again.

Yeah, feel free to start the club I had 350k, but decided to pick up a couple corvettes (just for the acheivement actually). Now i'm down to 100K and need another house soon.
You missed out on more than $3000. You get a bonus of $40,000 when completing a car delivery with a perfect rating. It is a pain in the ass to repeat the entire thing, though.

I'll start one soon. Maybe one of the really expensive ones, if I can afford it.
Old 09-17-06, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Flay
You missed out on more than $3000. You get a bonus of $40,000 when completing a car delivery with a perfect rating. It is a pain in the ass to repeat the entire thing, though.

I'll start one soon. Maybe one of the really expensive ones, if I can afford it.
ahh son of a bitch.
Old 09-18-06, 08:47 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

Well, our club may be small, but I started one up. It's creatively named DVDTalk. If anyone wants an invite, let me know.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.