Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Xbox 360 Compendium, Version 2.2

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-06, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like they way they did the new content for COD2. Give me a couple of free maps and the option to buy others. I think all of the themes and gamer pictures should be free. Maps, characters, quests, cars, etc. should be free or pay depending on the extent of the content.
Old 06-22-06, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I would really like to see more games unlock new gamer pics when you beat them or get a certain achievement. I believe this happened when i did something in the Rockstar Table Tennis game.
Old 06-22-06, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by xmiyux
I would really like to see more games unlock new gamer pics when you beat them or get a certain achievement. I believe this happened when i did something in the Rockstar Table Tennis game.
Agreed. I like it too I know some arcade titles do it...Astropop, Hexic, Feeding Frenzy...
Old 06-22-06, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
Agreed. I like it too I know some arcade titles do it...Astropop, Hexic, Feeding Frenzy...
Sadly enough and due to my gotta catch em all mentality at times this will probably get me to play Hexic more (even though i'm not really a fan) as well as possibly buy Astropop. Did Geometry Wars have this feature?

I think i have also gotten some gamer pics from the Official Xbox Magazine discs. Some of the secret vault stuff you get from getting all the magazine points on the disc.
Old 06-22-06, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do I get the backwards compatability update to work? I don't have Xbox live, so I'm burning the June 2006 updated to CD. When I put the CD in the player it keeps saying the disc is unreadable. At first I thought it was because I was using cheap discs, but I tried it again with another brand and got the same result.
Old 06-22-06, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sadly enough and due to my gotta catch em all mentality at times this will probably get me to play Hexic more (even though i'm not really a fan) as well as possibly buy Astropop. Did Geometry Wars have this feature?

I think i have also gotten some gamer pics from the Official Xbox Magazine discs. Some of the secret vault stuff you get from getting all the magazine points on the disc.
I didn't see any Geo wars pics in my list... The pictures just kind of appeared, not like table tennis where a message popped up though. Astropop and Geo Wars are worth it, even without the gamerpics btw
Old 06-22-06, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Geo Wars was neat but didn't hook me. Oddly enough i enjoyed Feeding Frenzy more... i think because it wasn't as stressful to play. I'll have to check out Astropop since i only looked at the demo once. I was disappointed because i thought Astropop was going to be like Puyo Puyo Pop.
Old 06-23-06, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

As mentioned in other threads...the Ghost Recon AW map-pack is up for DOWNLOAD. 1200 points.
Old 06-23-06, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by slymer
How do I get the backwards compatability update to work? I don't have Xbox live, so I'm burning the June 2006 updated to CD. When I put the CD in the player it keeps saying the disc is unreadable. At first I thought it was because I was using cheap discs, but I tried it again with another brand and got the same result.
i don't think the 360 will read CDRs. Can you not even get online w/the free silver account or no broadband? If that is the case you probably want to subscribe to the Official Xbox Magazine - i think (doublecheck me on this) they sometimes distribute updates on those demo discs. They did for the original Xbox at least.
Old 06-23-06, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here are the instructions for creating an update disk using a DVD or a CD-R.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/back...ility.htm#disc
Old 06-23-06, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
As mentioned in other threads...the Ghost Recon AW map-pack is up for DOWNLOAD. 1200 points.
or 14 posts up from yours
Old 06-23-06, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,870 Likes on 1,151 Posts
Say, is it just me or are the CoD2 achievements spread out few and far between?
Old 06-23-06, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Say, is it just me or are the CoD2 achievements spread out few and far between?
CoD2 has plenty of achievements... if you play it in super-hard mode.
Old 06-23-06, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,870 Likes on 1,151 Posts
Originally Posted by The Bus
CoD2 has plenty of achievements... if you play it in super-hard mode.
Well fuck that. I can barely get through on "normal" without a headache and palpatations.
Old 06-23-06, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Well fuck that. I can barely get through on "normal" without a headache and palpatations.

Same here.
Old 06-23-06, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Heh i played through it once on hardened and got the first 200 points, then i decided to give veteran a shot. Holy crap is it difficult. I doubt i will ever finish it on veteran as any time a different game pops into my head i play that game instead of bashing my head against the veteran wall.
Old 06-23-06, 04:23 PM

The Saint Row demo will be out August 1 according to Teamxbox. Hopefully it will actually hit marketplace that day and not be delayed for any reasons. It will be a single player only, but at least I can try it before wasting $60, but I have a feeling the fun thing about this game may be the online aspect.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/11234/...ow-Demo-Dated/

Last edited by 1998Nole; 06-23-06 at 04:25 PM.
Old 06-23-06, 04:47 PM
Banned

Ive been playing that damn Battlefield online demo for a bit now, and i truely enjoy it. Are there a lot of matches/games for all the maps you get on the full retail or is it a ghost town and only the demo is getting a lot of action?
Old 06-23-06, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

<--- Beat COD2 on Veteran. You guys need to step up your game
Old 06-23-06, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by edstein
<--- Beat COD2 on Veteran. You guys need to step up your game
I'm slowly working on it - although i am dreading the missions where you are driving the tank and have to take out the other tanks. On hardened it took me days to beat that level due to the extreme difficulties i had driving the stupid thing.
Old 06-23-06, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Clearing the houses and the silo during the US missions were the hardest levels for me.
Old 06-23-06, 07:30 PM
JM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Blitz6Speed
Ive been playing that damn Battlefield online demo for a bit now, and i truely enjoy it. Are there a lot of matches/games for all the maps you get on the full retail or is it a ghost town and only the demo is getting a lot of action?
There is no shortage of games on all maps in the full retail. On the vote servers, many people will end up voting on a handful of favorites (such as Bridge Too Far--the demo map). However, you can choose to join rotation servers to ensure that you play on some of the less popular maps.
Old 06-23-06, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by edstein
Clearing the houses and the silo during the US missions were the hardest levels for me.
On hardened clearing the houses i thought was very difficult. The silo on hardened wasn't bad at all though.
Old 06-23-06, 07:44 PM

On hardened clearing the houses i thought was very difficult. The silo on hardened wasn't bad at all though.
The hardest thing for me was clearing the church in Caen, it too me longer to do that than to pass silo and the houses combined. I think I made it more difficult than it should have been though.
Old 06-23-06, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 921 Likes on 654 Posts
Heh i played through it once on hardened and got the first 200 points, then i decided to give veteran a shot. Holy crap is it difficult. I doubt i will ever finish it on veteran as any time a different game pops into my head i play that game instead of bashing my head against the veteran wall.
I played up through the beginning of the British campaign on Hardened and switched to Veteran. I couldn't tell the difference. I think they are basically the same, maybe a bullet less knocks your health down quicker, but there isn't much of a difference.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.