Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Xbox 360 Compendium, Version 2.2

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-06, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Awwww...Thanks Payroll. I feel like a total douche, but I couldnt figure it out.
Old 06-21-06, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FantasticVSDoom
Awwww...Thanks Payroll. I feel like a total douche, but I couldnt figure it out.
Hrm, i think i must have been on someones ignore list.
Old 06-21-06, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ah payroll, yah beat me to it!
Old 06-21-06, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xmiyux
If it's any comfort to you I'm thinking of adding you to mine
Old 06-21-06, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kakihara1
If it's any comfort to you I'm thinking of adding you to mine
What? What? I can't hear you.... la la la

Old 06-22-06, 01:14 AM

Actually, I quoted him and left the thread open a couple of minutes and then posted my response. During that time you beat me by 2 minutes. If I had seen your post, I wouldn't have duplicated it.

Chris
Old 06-22-06, 01:16 AM

http://www.xboxcircle.com/news/prey_..._xbox_360.html

Prey Golden for Xbox 360
Written by Stifler
Wednesday, 21 June 2006

On the official 3D Realms forums today, President George Broussard gave a hint that the upcoming thriller shooter Prey has finally gone gold and will indeed be hitting store shelves in July.

Gamers looking to get an early taste of Prey will have to wait no longer, as a Prey demo will be hitting the Xbox Live Marketplace within the next 24 hours.

About Prey:

Prey tells the story of Tommy, a Cherokee garage mechanic stuck on a reservation going nowhere. Along with his people, he is abducted to a menacing mothership orbiting Earth, where he sets out to save himself, his girlfriend, and eventually his planet.

Chris
Old 06-22-06, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

sorry, right as I read these I got it to work so it was off to play...So much thanks because it saved me from throwing $400.00 out my window in a fit of rage.
Old 06-22-06, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

GTA4 or a FAKE? You decide...

Supposedly it's been leaked by a disgruntled employee

*EDIT*
It's a FAKE....Rockstar denying the image

Last edited by DJ_Longfellow; 06-22-06 at 12:38 PM.
Old 06-22-06, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Fake
Old 06-22-06, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

well, considering that Table Tennis was essentially a glorified tech demo of the new engine that Rockstar is using for GTA...there's a possibility there.
Old 06-22-06, 11:39 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

If it's real, I like that 3-dimensional city map in the left corner.
Old 06-22-06, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 914 Likes on 649 Posts
Speaking of Rockstar/GTA did anyone see this story? Essentially Sony saying they don't need GTA anymore with their library of 1st party titles.

News Story

And in unrelated news, no Prey today?:

Originally Posted by 1up.com
PC Prey Demo Released, Xbox 360 Demo Not Yet
Microsoft not finished testing XBL demo?
by 1UP Staff, 06/22/2006
The Prey demo we reported was due today is half here. The PC version (get it from Filefront) went up without a hitch, but somewhere along the way the Prey demo for the Xbox 360 didn't make it. It's out of the Prey-team's hands, so the hold-up is on Microsoft's end.

We've got the Prey team in the office this morning, and we're waiting (just like they are) to hear why the Xbox Live demo has been delayed. We'll update when we hear back.
Old 06-22-06, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,368 Likes on 930 Posts
Grand Theft Auto essentially made the PS2 system. If they hadn't had that, the Xbox/PS2 fight may have been alot closer. Now that it's not exclusive anymore, that helps Microsoft a ton.
Old 06-22-06, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

yeah, I read something about Sony saying they don't need GTA4 anymore. It's just a shitload of spin by them...gotta make news somehow. All three companies are down with the spin...I hate that part of being a gamer.
Old 06-22-06, 01:18 PM

So what game is that photo from? It reminds me of Crazy Taxi.
Old 06-22-06, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

photo has to be a fake, visual it looks like crap, the map looks odd etc
Old 06-22-06, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
yeah, I read something about Sony saying they don't need GTA4 anymore. It's just a shitload of spin by them...gotta make news somehow. All three companies are down with the spin...I hate that part of being a gamer.
How convenient of them to say that once they've secured a release for the PS3. If Sony had said this prior to an agreement and Rockstar decided to go 360 exclusive with GTA Sony would be shitting in their pants.
Old 06-22-06, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

June 22, 2006 – Today Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, announced that Chapter 2, the highly anticipated downloadable content (DLC) package for Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter™ for Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft is now available for download via Xbox Live® Marketplace. This quality premium content package will enhance and build upon the critically acclaimed original game by offering players an extensive continuation of the multiplayer Co-op campaign set deep within Nicaragua, as well as extending players’ Xbox Live experience with a wide array of new playable maps, game modes and character customization features. This premium content package is available now for download via the Xbox Live Marketplace for 1200 Microsoft points.

“Gamers are hungry for more amazing content for Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter and that is exactly what Ubisoft is serving up with Chapter 2,” said Laurent Detoc, president of Ubisoft North America. “We believe in the power of Xbox Live as a formidable tool to keep gamers engaged in our games.”

“Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter has been a huge success for Ubisoft and a driving force behind the next generation of Xbox Live,” said Peter Moore, corporate vice president, Interactive Entertainment Business at Microsoft. “Ubisoft is continuing to support GRAW’s success by bringing exciting new content to gamers this summer and adding great value to Xbox Live Marketplace.”

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter Chapter 2 Content includes:

Continuation of the multiplayer Co-op campaign with 4 all-new missions in Chapter 2

8 revisited, relit multiplayer Adversarial maps

2 all-new game types with 1 new game mode – Team Battle

2 new camouflage patterns

4 new character customization faces

5 new weapons
Old 06-22-06, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great news! I've been waiting for this Chapter 2 download. 1200 points is a bit more than I wanted to pay though; I was hoping for 800 max. I guess I'll have to dust off my copy of GRAW.

I checked the marketplace while typing this, and the content doesn't seem to be up just yet.
Old 06-22-06, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Yikes... 1200.

I'm sorry but that's not worth essentially 25-30% of a new game. It's 4 maps and some weapons.

I'll get it when it's 800 or less.
Old 06-22-06, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by The Bus
Yikes... 1200.

I'm sorry but that's not worth essentially 25-30% of a new game. It's 4 maps and some weapons.

I'll get it when it's 800 or less.
I'll be curious if there ever is such a thing as a price-drop on marketplace downloads. It's not as if they need to clear out inventory or anything where selling for lower would move product. Since the industry seems kind of driven by new releases and a second surge from greatest hits categories i'll be curious to see how pricing on downloaded content plays out.
Old 06-22-06, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'll be curious if there ever is such a thing as a price-drop on marketplace downloads. It's not as if they need to clear out inventory or anything where selling for lower would move product. Since the industry seems kind of driven by new releases and a second surge from greatest hits categories i'll be curious to see how pricing on downloaded content plays out.
It certainly should be easier to certify things as Platinum Hits. You'd think their goal would be to have a 1:1 relationship between game sales and game extension sales. If there's a sizeable gap, I imagine it wouldn't be hard for them to justify a price-drop.
Old 06-22-06, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by pinata242
It certainly should be easier to certify things as Platinum Hits. You'd think their goal would be to have a 1:1 relationship between game sales and game extension sales. If there's a sizeable gap, I imagine it wouldn't be hard for them to justify a price-drop.
I thought it was somewhat telling about new pricing strategies when they released Call of Duty 2 game of the year edition but instead of a price drop (like in previous generations) they packaged the points to download the 2 pay maps. The game company isn't really out much money by giving away the downloads but hook players into paying for content and forces groups of friends to all get the maps. Not quite the escalating arms race of Magic the Gathering booster cards but still plays on the peer pressure element.

Compare this to say Morrowind GOTY edition which included 2 expansions on the disc and sold for 19.99$ when it released. Or even the second Fable release that had an entire expansion.

Personally i don't think overpriced content will be dropped - i think future content prices would be adjusted based on sales of the other. The horse armor in Oblivion was a good example. It was more expensive than the Orrery and the Tower both and sucked... i would be shocked if it sold nearly as well as the other expansions.
Old 06-22-06, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I thought it was somewhat telling about new pricing strategies when they released Call of Duty 2 game of the year edition but instead of a price drop (like in previous generations) they packaged the points to download the 2 pay maps. The game company isn't really out much money by giving away the downloads but hook players into paying for content and forces groups of friends to all get the maps. Not quite the escalating arms race of Magic the Gathering booster cards but still plays on the peer pressure element.
I wasn't aware of this tactic, but that makes a hell of a lot of sense from their end. Punish the early adopters by increasing the number of online games they can't join without an upgrade. That really sucks.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.