Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Dead Rising for 360?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-09, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Dead Rising for 360?

You don't have to save everyone. It's more fun if you don't try to do everything in a single play through the game. Just save who you can and go through the main storyline.
Old 08-03-09, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So I'm on the right track? I have to get through that hallway and the door isn't welded shut?
Old 08-03-09, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That I don't know. It was more of a general tip for the game. It's been years since I played the game, so I don't remember the specific part you're at.

If you're trying to get to the security room, I think there are two ways in: the main door (which gets welded shut at the beginning) and the alternate entrance that's accessible via elevator. I think that entrance is always open, so maybe you should try that.
Old 08-03-09, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,820 Likes on 1,132 Posts

Isn't true that if you choose not to save after being killed, although you have to start all over you'll retain your leveling? i.e. start over, but you'll be fast as you were when you died as opposed to starting the leveling from the beginning?

I could only get so far with this game. I got bored with doing shit over and over after being killed. This should have been one of my all time favorite 360 games.....
Old 08-03-09, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah that's true. When I started I died before I saved and could only start a "new game" but i was level 2 or 3 already. Still annoying as shit.
Old 08-04-09, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

This thread is damn long but I'm sure some damn fine reading material as well since I bet we're all going off memory now.

A few things:
- There are two save options, one saves and quits and the other saves, quits and forces you to restart the game (with your experience). I don't recall which is which, but learn it early.

- you can use a memory card for a second save point, which might help while you are still learning the game.

- there is only one entrance to the security room and it's through the warehouse to the roof. That other door is welded shut and will be through the whole game so ignore it.

- Don't worry about saving all the survivors unless you are going for the achievement. Save what you can to get experience but don't go insane worrying about it when they perish.

- You can give weapons to the survivors. They aren't very good with them, but it sometimes helps. Just don't give the shotgun to any of them.

- have you found the Katana and Uzi at the beginning? Until you fight Adam the Clown at Wonderland, those are the most useful weapons. I say until because his weapon is the best in the game and can last nearly the length of the game with magazine bonuses. Swipe for reveal: the katana is on the awning outside the coffee shop, just hop out the window. The Uzi is on the blue awning above your head as you exit the warehouse. You can get to it from the stairs heading up to the coffee shop.

- Keep in mind there are 6 endings and only 1 requires you to finish every plot point.

- Once you get to the end of the game there is an easy way to level up, there is a mild spoiler in this strategy though: special forces are sent in with heavy machine guns. You can camp out in the top of the warehouse and just pick them off below. Let an occasional one climb up to you so you can take his weapon for ammo. It's grinding but fun and will pay off in spades on your next play through.

- Lastly, take a picture of the vent leaving the security room. Make sure it's close to 100%. You will need it late in the game and it will save you a trip back.
Old 08-04-09, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

- have you found the Katana and Uzi at the beginning? Until you fight Adam the Clown at Wonderland, those are the most useful weapons. I say until because his weapon is the best in the game and can last nearly the length of the game with magazine bonuses.

The magazines needed are: Engineering and Entertainment from Bachman's Bookporium (Paradise Plaza) and Criminal Biography from Sir Book-a-lot (Wonderland Plaza).
Old 08-04-09, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!

The message you got about the ride is where Adam is. Don't forget though...after you kill Adam, stop the ride to free the security guard and keep him alive at all costs. He will show you a shortcut from Wonderland Plaza to Paradise Plaza through a mirror. The game is so much easier once you have the shortcut, and the chainsaw respawns if need be.
Old 08-04-09, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by dvdsteve2000
The message you got about the ride is where Adam is. Don't forget though...after you kill Adam, stop the ride to free the security guard and keep him alive at all costs. He will show you a shortcut from Wonderland Plaza to Paradise Plaza through a mirror. The game is so much easier once you have the shortcut, and the chainsaw respawns if need be.
It's actually a vent in the ceiling. I forgot about that, btw. I didn't actually save him until about my third play through. The shortcut definitely comes in handy.

I'm not usually a guide person, but this is one game where a guide would come in handy since there is so much to do and find.
Old 08-04-09, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Thanks, guys. I'll give it another shot tonight, but will avoid that dead end now
Old 08-04-09, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

clown chainsaw and three magazines make that weapon the fucking BOMB.
Old 08-04-09, 02:36 PM

I could never kill the convicts on that damn jeep....any tips/suggestions?
Old 08-04-09, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Tygan
I could never kill the convicts on that damn jeep....any tips/suggestions?
Chainsaw, chainsaw, chainsaw!!! Seriously, use the chainsaw for everything. When you go into the courtyard, move toward a bunch of trees so that they will drive into them and get stuck. Take out the driver first, then the gunner, then the other guy, who will get into the driver's seat if possible. It should only take 2-3 whacks with the chainsaw to kill each.
Old 08-04-09, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh and, just so I quit trying, you can't "Take" from your companions just "Give", right?
Old 08-04-09, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Iirc, giving them something else will make them drop what they have. I know I've done it because I accidently gave away my chainsaw when trying to open a door or something.
Old 08-04-09, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yes, giving them something else will make them drop what they already have.

As for the convicts, gotta take out the gunner first with the Uzi then go for the driver then passenger. You can get them to drive right into a tree pretty easy. IIRC, you can take the gun off the jeep after killing the gunner and waste his buddies with it.
Old 08-04-09, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I always go for the driver first because it's too damn hard to hit the gunner when the jeep is moving, plus...an uzi? Really? Chainsaws baby, chainsaws!!
Old 08-04-09, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by dvdsteve2000
I always go for the driver first because it's too damn hard to hit the gunner when the jeep is moving, plus...an uzi? Really? Chainsaws baby, chainsaws!!
Well to use the chainsaws you have to be close. You can take the gunner out from a distance with the uzi, then break out the chainsaws.
Old 08-06-09, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
- Once you get to the end of the game there is an easy way to level up, there is a mild spoiler in this strategy though: special forces are sent in with heavy machine guns. You can camp out in the top of the warehouse and just pick them off below. Let an occasional one climb up to you so you can take his weapon for ammo. It's grinding but fun and will pay off in spades on your next play through.
If I was playing through again, from the beginning, I'd ignore everything and immediately start mowing down zombies in the underground maintenance tunnels, using the cars/trucks. This would get the Zombie Killer/Genocider achievements out of the way. Then I could start the game over with the Mega Man Buster and probably be pretty close to being fully leveled up for the normal playthrough.
Old 08-06-09, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

True, but getting that achievement is so damn boring.
Old 08-06-09, 02:05 PM

Yeah, but the Mega Buster is pretty bad-ass, though.
Old 08-06-09, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The chainsaws are more fun to use anyhow. My advice, play through it 'loosely' sticking to the story and save/take pictures of who you (easily) can. The second time through will be a breeze because you will know all of the ins & outs and get a feel for what you really have time for. You will also have an option to pass on some people that you got pics of in round one so you can get them in round 2. I'm 100 easy points away from getting 1,000/1,000 on this game and dammit, I'm gonna do it some day, lol. I should've had the 7 day survivor but the game froze with 20 minutes left
Old 08-06-09, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

The chainsaws are more fun than the Mega Buster but it does come in handy for boss fights.
Old 08-20-09, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So I think I'm going to try for the Survivor achs this weekend. Knock out a few hours at a time. Anybody have any advice before I get started?
Old 08-20-09, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by pinata242
So I think I'm going to try for the Survivor achs this weekend. Knock out a few hours at a time. Anybody have any advice before I get started?
Know where all the food locations are, start early in the day (it's like 14 straight hours), and have something to do while you wait. I started (and finished) one of Tim Russert's books while I was going for those achievements last year.

Good luck!

Last edited by Matt; 08-20-09 at 02:38 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.