Search this Thread

Old 04-16-06, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gimme that grip!
Old 04-16-06, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by orderandlaw
San Andreas is enjoyable, but too much like The Sims. Having to eat pisses you off in the end.
FYI, if you build up your fat meter, you won't get hungry nearly as often. I'd always keep my fat at around 50% or more (you don't start getting penalized for it until it's nearly full, IIRC), and I'd hardly ever get hungry.

Also, having fat built up keeps your muscle from dropping when you get hungry.

Still, they should have let you use the drive-throughs in the game. It's a little irritating to have to walk in for everything.
Old 04-18-06, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Vryce
Hey.. look.. He's alive..

I agree on Vice City.. but it got bonus points for the awesome 80's soundtrack and that Miami Vice feel to it. GTA3 was fun.
Heh. If it's not about WoW, don't expect to see me anywhere. :P

Yeah, the RC helicopter mission was annoying in VC, but nowhere NEAR as bad as the RC missions in SA. Those sucked beyond the telling of it.
Old 04-18-06, 01:16 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Xander
Heh. If it's not about WoW, don't expect to see me anywhere. :P

Yeah, the RC helicopter mission was annoying in VC, but nowhere NEAR as bad as the RC missions in SA. Those sucked beyond the telling of it.
WoW makes baby jesus cry.
Old 04-18-06, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

So which of the three (GTA3, VC, SA) has the best story? Is Vice City the obvious answer? I know they all have good storylines w/missions, but which one is the best by far?
Old 04-18-06, 05:45 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by The Franchise
MANBREASTS = best member ID ever!

Thanks!
Old 04-18-06, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by PJsig08
So which of the three (GTA3, VC, SA) has the best story? Is Vice City the obvious answer? I know they all have good storylines w/missions, but which one is the best by far?
Why not just get used copies of the first 2 for less than $10 each and get the 3rd for less than $20 ? These 3 games alone will give you months of pure gaming goodness.

GTA III started it all. Set in 2001, it gave us a great east-coast mafia/yakuza/columbian cartel turf war story. The environment is the smallest of the 3 with multi-layered roads, which means nothing is too far from anything else once you learn where the shortcuts are. You should absolutely play this first as a way of training for the larger, more challenging cities in later games. Learn to fly the wingless Dodo, I dare you.

GTA:VC has arguably the most enjoyable city to play in and hands down it has the best atmosphere: neon-lit Miami during the mid-80's "Miami Vice" era. If you pay attention you will find yourself being chased by a familiar-looking salt-&-pepper undercover cop duo. Ray Liotta's voice acting is superb, the story is great, figuring out the other voices is a game in itself and the soundtrack is awesome. I have home-made copies of the actual radio station loops in my car

GTA:SA (set in the early '90's) will absolutely give you the most bang-for-the-buck variety in mission complexity, changing environment and character development. Everything that was great in the first 2 games is here as well, only bigger. The size of the map alone puts people off, but it becomes available in manageable chunks and there isn't so much backtracking that it becomes a chore. Mini-games, gambling, dancing, romancing and falling from truly incredible heights are just some of the improvements added to this one.

So get them all and play them in order. The more you play the more references to the previous game(s) you will spot, adding another bonus level of enjoyment. Do all the side missions, too. A lot people skip them and they're really cheating themselves when they do.

Last edited by NC-36; 04-18-06 at 09:45 PM.
Old 04-19-06, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Vryce
WoW makes baby jesus cry.
LOL Quiet! It's a beautiful thing! I'm not addicted! Leave me alone!

Originally Posted by PJsig08
You probably won't get a general consensus on this one. The SA storyline was pretty cool, but I didn't get into the thug vibe that much. I liked the Goodfellas/gangster storyline of VC the best.