Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

XBOX LIVE "Diamond" card...

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-06, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
XBOX LIVE "Diamond" card...

Did anyone here sign up? I don't why but it says I'm not eligible. Is it only for 360 owners?
Old 01-14-06, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just signed up... do you have a 12 month subsciption? that looked like one term that was required.

looks like discounts (rent one movie/game, get one free, etc.)
Old 01-14-06, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I've been a member for what, 2 years now and I renewed over the summer. Am I missing something?
Old 01-14-06, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I signed up for it since I have a 360 and a 12 month subscription, but I havn't recieved it yet.
Old 01-14-06, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i received the sign up email as well. however, i had already signed up my account for the diamond card last month
Old 01-14-06, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
I signed up last month, before I got my xbox360.

hey, Robo have you linked your gamertag to your xbox forums?

Last edited by goLUCKY; 01-15-06 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-14-06, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
So does anyone want to share what a 'diamond' card is?
Old 01-14-06, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
So does anyone want to share what a 'diamond' card is?
Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
looks like discounts (rent one movie/game, get one free, etc.)
More details will come out later, but this is all I saw so far...
Old 01-15-06, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i signed up as well after I got the e-mail.
Old 01-15-06, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Signed up here too. Looks like you have to have a subscription and have set up your gamertag thing online, the new one that was launched for Xbox 360. You don't have to own a 360 to do it.
Old 01-16-06, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just signed up
Old 01-16-06, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Discounts where?
Old 01-16-06, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

google to the rescue. A few articles:

Microsoft is slipping Xbox Live subscribers a little surprise Christmas present. At 3 p.m. PT, Microsoft will unveil the Xbox Live Diamond Card. The card gives Xbox Live paid subscribers exclusive benefits and discounts from stores, restaurants and retailers. The card is personalized with your Gamertag and is, wait for it, absofrigginlutely free to all paid Xbox Live subscribers who have subscribed or pre-paid for at least a one year account on the 360 or Xbox Old Skool.

Some of the retailers participating include Ticketmaster, Cambridge Soundworks, Timberland and McDonald’s.

Hit the link for the full list of details:

· Your own card: Did you sign up for a digital gamer card on Xbox.com? Of course you did. Now, how about a real, live, flash-it-to-your-friends card personalized with your gamertag? Ask no more! The Xbox Live Diamond Card is here.

· That’s not all: The card does much more. Xbox Live has partnered with your favorite stores, restaurants, and other retailers across the country for discounts and promotions exclusively for Xbox Live Diamond Card program members.*

· It gets even better: Xbox Live isn’t going to sit still, either. We’ll continue to bring you new partners and more opportunities to use your Diamond Card.

· The best part: The Xbox Live Diamond Card is free! It’s our big thank you to our most loyal Xbox Live subscribers.

Man, I feel for all of those people who have Gamertags like SexMachine or t3ab4gger.
Microsoft is saying thank you to Xbox Live users with the Xbox Live Diamond Card. This cute piece of plastic wil apparently net you discounts in participating stores and restaurants such as McDonalds, Ticketmaster, and Timberland. It’s 100% free to those Xbox Live users who have already prepaid for one year of service. The card comes with your gamertag on it, too, so you now can proudly display that you are indeed the real N4K3DK1LLA. Maybe if some game stores would start partnering with this Diamond Card, you could get your discount applied to Halo 3, which is coming out in 2006. But that doesn’t stop some retailers from displaying Halo 3 banners already. Move along folks, nothing to see here.
If you're an xbox Live subscriber, you automatically qualify for a new promotional card Micrsoft is calling Xbox Live Diamond. By entering your gamertag, you get a nifty piece of plastic personalized with your tag which you can flash to your friends, presumably to impress them. The card is free to anyone who has a subscription to Xbox Live.

Microsoft is also lining up cross-promotional opportunities with a variety of retailers, including McDonald's, Ticketmaster, Hollywood Video, Sam Goody, and more - at participating locations only, of course. Each retailer will run its own promotion or discount for cardholders.

So far the offer is available only in the United States. Microsoft says they will be continually expanding their retailer offerings in the future.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 01-16-06 at 08:52 AM.
Old 01-16-06, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Congratulations!
Welcome to the Growing Diamond Community

Thank you for registering for your personalized Diamond Card. You will receive your card in the mail in 6-8 weeks, once we have verified that you meet the terms and conditions of the program. At that time, return to the Diamond Card website to find out about all the latest deals and discounts you can take advantage of with your card.
A couple of other retailers listed after signing up include: Carl's Hamburgers & Quiznos.

Hopefully they will offer discounts for Xbox related merchandise including Marketplace points.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 01-17-12 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-16-06, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

DAMMMMIT!!!!
Old 01-16-06, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I signed up today. I like the marketplace points idea.
Old 01-16-06, 10:46 AM

After signing up, it lists some of the discounts:
Hollywood Vid- Rent one game or DVD, get one free
etnies- 20% off skate shoes and apparel
Cambridge Soundworks- 15% off
Sam Goody's - 10% off
Old 01-16-06, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,653 Likes on 1,032 Posts
I signed up a while ago, and just got another message about signing up. I tried and it said the Gamertag was already taken, so I must be in the system.

I wonder when it will show up?
Old 01-16-06, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

The signup page says 6-8 weeks.

According to the article(s) this started on Christmas day, which would mean we are just now entering the 4th week since the promotion started.
Old 01-17-06, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

its going to be like my check card always there but can never use due to lack of funds.
Old 01-17-06, 10:56 AM

I have a quick question and this may sound like a stupid question just because I have never played online, but here goes. I am thinking of finally getting an online service just for the sake of playing online and the XBOX Marketplace and not for use of the internet.( I actually have no computer at home even though I teach a photoshop course at school, so I have never had the need for one, weird I know!) I was just wondering what would be a ballpark figure of what people spend a month for something that is only for your gaming. Can you do this or is there not a separate service. Also what would be the best thing to get in terms of service. Like I said, these questions probably sound stupid but if I'm going to ask somebody, I would trust the knowledge on DVDTalk more than the crap they would feed me else where. Thanks for the help.

DARTH
Old 01-17-06, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, you cn get Internet in your house. Cable would run your around $40/month with LIVE costing $50 year.

So, you could always get yourself a cheap PC to take advantage of the Internet.

Is that what you are asking?
Old 01-17-06, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
Well, you cn get Internet in your house. Cable would run your around $40/month with LIVE costing $50 year.

So, you could always get yourself a cheap PC to take advantage of the Internet.

Is that what you are asking?
Yes, thank you. So, to play games would be the same as getting the internet for a computer. For some reason, I thought there was a separate line that you could get that costs a little less just for gaming than if you were serfing the net. (see, stupid) So 40$ is about what it will cost me and that is for a fast, broadband line? Thank you for the reply.
Old 01-17-06, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wel, I know my Comcast HSI runs around $40. Do you have cable TV? They offer a discount if you have both usually. I know some DSL services are cheaper. Comcast usually runs deals for $20 for the first 6 months....I'd check into it.
Old 01-17-06, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I have insight, it runs $45 a month, but with two services they give a $10 break on the bill.

I'd say that is a bit of money just for gaming.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.