Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Hooking up an XBOX

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-06, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
A good receiver will do the same job as a component switch although obviously it's a lot better. If you have a current receiver, you might want to think about selling that one and getting a new one. I hate to sound like Johnny Upgrade, but here's an idea for a receiver:

Circuit City has the Onkyo TXSR503 with 7.1 and three component inputs for $270 (online only). That's a spectacular deal. The three inputs will let you have your Xbox, PS2/PS3/Xbox360/Gamecube, DVD, and Cable Box all connected.

They also have the Onkyo TX-LR552 for $180. That one has two component inputs, which would let you have your Xbox, DVD, and DVR/Cable Box all connected.

Again, if you have an old receiver, you could probably sell it for $50-100.
Old 01-12-06, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts
I bought a 360 today and I'm having trouble hooking it up.
When I turn the switch to regular tv, it works just fine. When I turn the switch to hdtv, the picture is distorted. I have a 51" hdtv and I hate not being able to play games in high def. I have the cable hook up like it showed me and I go to the setting menu on the 360 but still no luck. Can anyone give me any advice on what might be wrong? Thanks guys.
Old 01-13-06, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos
I bought a 360 today and I'm having trouble hooking it up.
When I turn the switch to regular tv, it works just fine. When I turn the switch to hdtv, the picture is distorted. I have a 51" hdtv and I hate not being able to play games in high def. I have the cable hook up like it showed me and I go to the setting menu on the 360 but still no luck. Can anyone give me any advice on what might be wrong? Thanks guys.
What do you mean Distorted?

Do you have the Red, Green and Blue in the correct inputs on your TV?
Old 01-13-06, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts
After spending an hour on the phone and troubleshooting with XBox, they have decided thsat the hdtv cables that came with my system are bad.

Now I'm going to have to send them my cables in the mail to them and they will overnight me new ones. This really chaps my ass. I spend $400 bucks on a system that has bad hdtv cables. So this means I will not be able to play my new 360 for at least a week. I'm tempted to take the thing back and be done with this mess.
Old 01-13-06, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
I just got a 16:9 HDTV. I have no plans on upgrading to a 360 any time soon. I want to hookup my XBOX with the HD av pack, but I've been to several sites and all are out of stock/not available. Why is this so hard to find now?
Have you found one yet? I just sold my Xbox and am just including the standard hook ups, leaving me with the HD pak. Wanna make an offer? email me.

*sorry for the public post, but you have your email settings turned off.
Old 01-14-06, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just bought the Monster Lightwave 100 Optical cable and it hooks into their GameLink Video cables only. I was going to use the "Out of the Box" cables for the time being. Might go and get the switcher so I can do the component as well.
tks for the help