Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Nintendo DS Screen Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-05, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nintendo DS Screen Question

Hello All -

I need a little assistance. I just returned a DS because I thought the bottom screen looked "hazy." It almost looks like there is a coating over the bottom screen & not the top. Well, I just opened the newly exchanged one & it looks the same. Is this just the way the DS looks? Where the top screen appears much clearer than the bottom? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 12-29-05, 09:46 PM

Ironically I just noticed the same thing with the DS my girlfriend bought a couple days ago. Mine doesn't seem to have this haze, but I was messing around with hers and it was very distracting for me after playing mine. So far she doesn't seem to mind, but I know I wouldn't keep it if it was mine.
Old 12-29-05, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mine has the haze on the bottom screen. I've only seen that kind of screen. Mine is from launch.
Old 12-29-05, 10:24 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The top screen is going to be a little sharper than the top as it's got the glossy cover and isn't a touch screen. But I wouldn't call it hazey and they look pretty close. Mine is from launch as well.
Old 12-29-05, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When you play GBA games on the DS, does it use the top or bottom screen?
Old 12-30-05, 12:10 AM

You can choose what screen you want it in the options of the DS. Obviously the top one is clearer
Old 12-30-05, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by BBEANLPHIE
You can choose what screen you want it in the options of the DS. Obviously the top one is clearer
Plus the top is where the the great sound stereo speakers are, so it makes it that much more sense to use the top screen. In theory GBA games could be programmed with "additional features" for use on the DS, but I doubt it will occur.

My bottom screen is slightly less sharp too, I don't feel it is a problem though at all. Perhaps Nintendo has introduced a new screen? Someone should make a poll so we can get to the bottom of this controversey.
Old 12-30-05, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wouldn't have said that there is much difference but if I look closely at the bottom screen I can see the cross pattern across the screen which I think is to do with the touch screen.
Old 12-30-05, 02:46 AM

Thanks so much for your input. I never thought the quality may appear different because of the touch screen.

Robyn