Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Looking for super jumps for halo 2

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-05, 09:46 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for super jumps for halo 2

The title says it all. I have a clan in halo 2 and play snipers alot. Me and my friend are level 20 now and our gamer tags are VINCENT360 and OnslaughtFist and abadmudafuda. if you want to teach a super jump to some decent players and have a good time send a friend request . the first 2 names are the overlords. Thanks and we hope to play with you.
Old 12-12-05, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Isn't that a cheat? A bannable offense to be sure. Use it against enough players and those gamertags will be worthless.
Old 12-12-05, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Isn't that a cheat? A bannable offense to be sure. Use it against enough players and those gamertags will be worthless.
Nope.
Old 12-13-05, 07:27 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
While its not officially a cheat, according to Bungie, lots of people do see it as such. They will leave cheating feedback, myself included.

If its just a custom game for fun, have at it. But if I see people doing it in a matchmade game, you can be sure I'm leaving them cheating feedback.
Old 12-13-05, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I know Canis's opinion, but Bunige has specifically stated that it's not cheating, but it is bad sportsmanship.

On the other hand, I think it's stupid to do in Sniper games, because other people have snipers to shoot you with, and you're usually pretty exposed.
Old 12-13-05, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I could teach ya how to get on the highest crane in Headlong, but it can only be done in a Custom game.
Old 12-13-05, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Forgot to mention that this site has a huge list of super jumps and other tricks.

www.highimpacthalo.org/

The main super jump i know how to do is the one on Zanzibar. I personally don't use it that often, mostly in extreme cases as in when my team is on offense and the other team is spawn killing us on the beach. I'll get on a ghost, get to the base and grab the flag and super jump up on top and hide. Usually takes them 20-30 minutes to find me and its my lil way of saying fuck you to the spawn killers.
Old 12-14-05, 10:39 PM

Spawn Killing is legal. Jumping on the roof is bull, bad sportsmanship, and basically cheating.
Remember if things are even up (meaning you are roughly as good as your opponent or the other team), you won't be spawn killed. If the other team is 50% better than you, then you may have your ass handed to you and there could be lots of spawn kills. That is your bad.
Old 12-15-05, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 508 Likes on 352 Posts
Really? I've been playing multiplayer FPS since Doom on the office LAN and Duke Nukem dial-up deathmatches were in style, and spawncamping has always been considered bad form, just as nowadays exploiting a known custom map glitch is frowned upon in UT2K4. Is the sportsmanship really that different in the console world?

Last edited by AGuyNamedMike; 12-15-05 at 07:25 AM.
Old 12-15-05, 07:20 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Spawn killing is a legal tactic, but very bad form. It takes away the fun of the game.

How much fun is it to spawn with limited weapons only to be struck down dual weilding or holding the sword? I don't get what the spawn killers get out of it. It isn't a challenge as you are holding better weapons then the people spawning.

Its a cheap tactic and if original XBox games had feedback categories like the 360 I'd be leaving a lot of unsportsmanlike conduct or similar feedback.
Old 12-15-05, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by johnglad
Spawn Killing is legal. Jumping on the roof is bull, bad sportsmanship, and basically cheating.
Remember if things are even up (meaning you are roughly as good as your opponent or the other team), you won't be spawn killed. If the other team is 50% better than you, then you may have your ass handed to you and there could be lots of spawn kills. That is your bad.
Getting stuck with shitty teammates ain't my fault homey.
Old 12-15-05, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Vryce
Spawn killing is a legal tactic, but very bad form. It takes away the fun of the game.

How much fun is it to spawn with limited weapons only to be struck down dual weilding or holding the sword? I don't get what the spawn killers get out of it. It isn't a challenge as you are holding better weapons then the people spawning.

Its a cheap tactic and if original XBox games had feedback categories like the 360 I'd be leaving a lot of unsportsmanlike conduct or similar feedback.
A. It's relatively rare to actually see someone spawn when in close proximity.
B. If you don't kill them first, they will probably kill you. Try agreeing not to kill each other when one respawns. It's not going to work.
C. Sniper respawn killing is a shame, but it's really the games fault for spawning people in the line of sight of snipers. It's happens all too often in Halo, while I've see other games eliminate the problem.

In close proximity, if I spawn kill a guy, I usually apologize (sorry, dude I know you just spawned, but shit happens).
On Coag, if our team controls all the snipes and rockets and we perch and spawn snipe, it's the other teams fault for letting it to the point where we control the level. If we didn't do it, they would, and if they don't then they deserve to lose.

Superjumping, camping, spawnkilling, doesn't seem fair, only when it happens to you.. The developers have had multiple chances to fix these issues and if they didn't then it's not considered cheating. It's up to the game to set the rules and I say anything people do within the set boundaries of the game is fair... if you don't like the boundaries, don't complain about the players complain about people that set them that way. It's Bungie that sets up playlists that contain snipers on Acension and Lockout and then respawn people in the middle of the fucking level.

Superjumps could have been fixed in the updates, Camping could be fixed by putting a timer on people's position (seems lame doesn't it?), and spawn killing, well, with levels as large as the ones in halo, it shocks me the lack of suitable respawn points. Blame Bungie for that problem.

I used to think superjumping was cheating, but then I realized that the people that do it took the extra time to train to do so. They invested the time to learn a skill that gives them an advantage. Seems fair to me.

I only know 2 superjumps, one being useless. The other is very difficult, but if I nail it with a sniper rifle I have to obtain from the other side of the level, I deserve the advantage.
Old 12-15-05, 09:18 AM

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by mmconhea
Superjumping, camping, spawnkilling, doesn't seem fair, only when it happens to you..

Bullshit. I go out of my way to avoid doing those things to others for a reason. I don't resort to cheap tactics. Just like the "noob combo" in Halo 2. It's an easy, cheap way to get kills, and I don't use it. If a person happens to spawn right in front of me as I'm moving around the map, I will kill them. That's not the same as spawn-camping, which is what Vryce is talking about. To me, that's a cheap move, and I'm not going to use it in my gameplay. It's just a game, and I'm not going to be an underhanded jerk just because I can and I HAVE to win.
Old 12-15-05, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Xander
Bullshit. I go out of my way to avoid doing those things to others for a reason. I don't resort to cheap tactics. Just like the "noob combo" in Halo 2. It's an easy, cheap way to get kills, and I don't use it. If a person happens to spawn right in front of me as I'm moving around the map, I will kill them. That's not the same as spawn-camping, which is what Vryce is talking about. To me, that's a cheap move, and I'm not going to use it in my gameplay. It's just a game, and I'm not going to be an underhanded jerk just because I can and I HAVE to win.
I don't understand this. Why in the world would you not use it? Everyone uses it. It's the best combo in the game on most maps. You guys who don't use it need to get over the mental block and learn how to use it. Your win % goes up dramatically. Bungie programed that into the game. It's a part of the game.
Old 12-15-05, 09:33 AM

Dude, I know how to use it. I'm sure if I practiced for a little bit, I'd be good at using it. But I don't want to. It's CHEAP. I don't play cheap. I'd rather lose.
Old 12-15-05, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

How does someone such as I, who sucks, start playing Halo 2 online. I can't spawn for more than 2 seconds without getting slaughtered. I can't even get my bearings.
Old 12-15-05, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Xander
Dude, I know how to use it. I'm sure if I practiced for a little bit, I'd be good at using it. But I don't want to. It's CHEAP. I don't play cheap. I'd rather lose.
I, and all of my friends, feel the same way. It is cheap and probably an oversight when they last updated the weapons. They are probably at the point where that is the only weapon issue, and it isn't worth the time or effort to fix it. We are over a year into the life of the game, they aren't going to update it forever, it is probably at a point where everything stands, problems or not.

And yes, spawn killing and camping are two different ballgames.
Old 12-15-05, 10:19 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by mmconhea

I used to think superjumping was cheating, but then I realized that the people that do it took the extra time to train to do so. They invested the time to learn a skill that gives them an advantage. Seems fair to me.
I have and always will give people cheating feedback for superjumping in a matchmade, ranked game. In customs and in the unranked matchmade games, have at it.

In reading all the numerours threads on bungies site, not everyone can do it. People on tvs with certain refresh rates have had no success.
Bungie has stated that they don't consider it cheating, but will monior it to see how it affects game play. That is the same line they used when the dummy trick first surfaced. Though I don't think they will ever change their position on superjumping.

By the logic you used above, people who learn how to hack their xbox or mod content shouldn't be considered cheating as well. After all, they learned a skill that gives them an advantage in the game. But it is cheating, as they have to go above and beyond the normal mechanics of the game to get their advantage. Same thing with super jumping. If it was just jumping by holding the jump button down to get a superjump, that would be one thing. But in the ones I know of, you have to do an elaberate ritual to pull off the superjump. Therefore, in my opinion, its going beyond the normal mechanics of game play.

I'm not looking to cause a huge fight. I'm just tired of all the underhanded and cheap tactics I see day after day in Halo 2.

Standby cheating and modding has supposedly been fixed by Bungie, yet just as recent as last week, I've been in games with both used against my team.

As to spawn camping. Killing someone who happens to spawn right near you when you happen to be travelling the map, no problems at all. Sure, it sucks, but that happens.

However, waiting in or near the opponents base waiting for people as they spawn to kill them is not cool and what I'm talking about when I mean "spawn killing"

Last edited by Canis Firebrand; 12-15-05 at 10:22 AM.
Old 12-15-05, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I won't use super jumping or the noob combo either. The only reason Bungie has said that super jumping isn't cheating is because they feel stupid for having such a blatant glitch and they know they can't fix it (or detect when people are doing it).

I won't use the noob combo because it breaks the weapon system and takes all of the fun out of the game. It makes no sense because it takes less time to kill some one with a weapon that locks on than to actually aim a frag grenade at their feet and then head shot them with the battle rifle (something that actually takes skill). If you couldn't run around with the plasma pistol charged it would be alot more fair because you would actually have to time the charge and release of the lock on.
Old 12-15-05, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 508 Likes on 352 Posts
However, waiting in or near the opponents base waiting for people as they spawn to kill them is not cool and what I'm talking about when I mean "spawn killing"
That is what we term spawncamping in my circles: hanging around a known spawnpoint for the express purpose of killing spawners. Running across and killing a spawner while you are in transit would be spawnkilling in our book if on a camper/sniper map (which usually have spawn protection mods running to ameliorate this), but fine and dandy on a run&gun map.

Last edited by AGuyNamedMike; 12-15-05 at 12:55 PM.
Old 12-15-05, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by AGuyNamedMike
That is what we term spawncamping in my circles: hanging around a known spawnpoint for the express purpose of killing spawners. Running across and killing a spawner while you are in transit would be spawnkilling in our book if on a camper/sniper map (which usually have spawn protection mods running to ameliorate this), but fine and dandy on a run&gun map.
Taking your definitions into account I will give my opinion.

Spawnkilling to me is okay even from accross the map with a sniper if someone just happens to pop onto your screen while you are scanning them map, especially in a sniper match where if you don't kill them they will certainly kill you in the same vein if I'm running accross a map or around a corner and someone spawns tough luck for them no matter how out of balance the weapon I may have is.

Spawn Camping is a BS tactic used by people who suck at the game and can't win any other way, I will never camp a spawn point or scope in on an area where I know someone is going to spawn eventually, to me that's just wrong.

Super jumps are BS especially when they put you on a location on the map where you have a distinct advantage over the rest of the other players even though bungie says it's not cheating it's still wrong and I would never use it in a rank situation.

The Noob Combo I'm sad to say is something that I've started to use over the last couple months, even if one guy on the opposing team thinks it's bullshit the rest of the team will use it, and believe me there are people who play the game who otherwise would never get a kill against basically any of the guys in our clan. I know it pisses you off Jedi but the second someone on the opposing team picks up a noob combo and uses it on me I will pick it up and rape them with it till they start talking shit to me for using it. The combo pisses me off but I intentionally learned how to use it just so I could fight fire with fire so to speak. Bungie has had numerous opportunities to alleviate the game of this combos effectiveness but they haven't and they won't.

Modders and people who use standby; there is absolutely no excuse for this if you use either of these tactics you should have your reproductive organs ripped out with a rusty hook oh and you should be banned from live I guess too.
Old 12-15-05, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kakihara1
The Noob Combo I'm sad to say is something that I've started to use over the last couple months, even if one guy on the opposing team thinks it's bullshit the rest of the team will use it, and believe me there are people who play the game who otherwise would never get a kill against basically any of the guys in our clan. I know it pisses you off Jedi but the second someone on the opposing team picks up a noob combo and uses it on me I will pick it up and rape them with it till they start talking shit to me for using it. The combo pisses me off but I intentionally learned how to use it just so I could fight fire with fire so to speak. Bungie has had numerous opportunities to alleviate the game of this combos effectiveness but they haven't and they won't.

I agree with you. The combo is Bungie's fault so i can't really get that mad at people when they use it. I personally won't use it because I think it is unbalanced and get no satisfaction out of killing people with it. The same could be said for the sword, another weapon i don't use. I guess i just don't like weapons that lock on so easily. I don't wan't the game to aim for me.

Superjumping, on the other hand, isn't just some unbalanced part of the game. It's just not part of the game period.

Last edited by Puzznic; 12-15-05 at 02:50 PM.
Old 12-15-05, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Super jumps are BS especially when they put you on a location on the map where you have a distinct advantage over the rest of the other players even though bungie says it's not cheating it's still wrong and I would never use it in a rank situation.
Exactly just like vryce said:

But it is cheating, as they have to go above and beyond the normal mechanics of the game to get their advantage. Same thing with super jumping. If it was just jumping by holding the jump button down to get a superjump, that would be one thing. But in the ones I know of, you have to do an elaberate ritual to pull off the superjump. Therefore, in my opinion, its going beyond the normal mechanics of game play.
If you have to go above and beyond the normal parameters set by the game it is a cheat, it doesn't matter if it is a glitch or not, it wasn't meant to be. If you have to pass through walls, and jump on hidden items to get up to an area to see the map while no one can see you, it's just plain cheating. And as the others stated, you will get a "cheating" feedback from me as well if done in matchmaking.

Kakihara, I understand with the plasma combo, one of my friends does the same thing. He won't use it until it is unleashed on him, then it is game on. I myself suck at it, I guess I need to practice it more and use it defensively like you guys. That is the only way I would use it.

As for all out cheaters, my friends played some guys the other night and as soon as they spawned they fell to the ground dead. Not even moving a hair, spawn and die for the whole match. While the pile of bodies was pretty cool, I think they said they found a way to leave them feedback through the 360 for Halo 2. Something about looking up their gamertag and rating them. I haven't tried it myself.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 12-15-05 at 03:20 PM.
Old 12-16-05, 09:21 AM

Fair enough. If it's used on me first, then it's fair game, I guess. But since I never use it, it never occurs to me to start using it when it's being used on me. Ah well.