Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The One & Only "Trying To Get An Xbox Thread" (merged with BB thread)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The One & Only "Trying To Get An Xbox Thread" (merged with BB thread)

Old 11-15-05, 02:58 PM
Mod Emeritus

1/Only Xbox 360 "trying to get an xbox 360" discussion

discuss
Old 11-15-05, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Got a phone call from someone at Gamerush saying that my copy of PGR3 was in stock. It's wierd as they never called be to tell me the same about Kameo.
Old 11-15-05, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It seems like my best bet out here in Idaho is Costco. I've already checked two Wal-Mart's and they said they are only going to have 18 for one and 24 for the other. I have a Costco business card that gets me in at 9 am, an hour earlier than normal business hours. I don't know if they'll be selling bundles or not though, I'm planning on showing up around 7-7:30 and taking my chances. I've got a Toys 'R' Us bundle reserved for launch day, but it was $699 and came with 6 games, only 2 of which I really wanted. The worst part of that was that the additional controller I'm paying for is wired and they won't let me spend the extra 10 dollars for a wireless upgrade.
Old 11-15-05, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

toysrus has bundles???
Old 11-15-05, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Since my gamestop reserve is basically useless now, I'm going to be logging onto circuit city on Friday to try to get one of their bundles. If not that, I'll be waiting outside Walmart.
Old 11-15-05, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by raven56706
toysrus has bundles???
Apparently so, I didn't know that either. I walked in last week and the sales guy said that he just had one cancelled 10 minutes before I walked in. He said it they were only selling the bundles on launch day and they were all sold out. The games with the bundle are Kameo, NBA Live, Tony Hawk American Skateland, Madden 06, Perfect Dark Zero, and Project Gotham Racing 3. I only really want Perfect Dark and Madden 06. It sounded like an odd assortment of games for a bundle, so maybe this TRU is just using the bundles to push extra games, I'm not sure. I'd much rather have Gun, Call of Duty, Condemned, or King Kong. I asked if they would exchange titles at a later date if they were unopened and they said no, the entire bundle is sold as a package and I would have to return the whole thing if I wanted to exchange any of it. It could be BS, so I'm going to see if I can get lucky at Costco before I pick the bundle up.
Old 11-15-05, 04:10 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

Im one of the last on the list at a local gamestop. They're in a shopping mall but apparently they will have a midnight selling. I preordered on may 19th which apparently was the deadline to get the first shipment.
Old 11-15-05, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm going to try Best Buy or Walmart. I would have done Costco, but have a feeling that they are going to do bundles...and I already ordered all the games and accessories I want separately.

Okay on a differnt note, I 'm going to try to ask this question again even though it has never been answered in any of the threads I posted it in. What is a good time to get in line before a store opens? 4 hours? 6 hours? 8 hours?
Old 11-15-05, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, I'll be working, doing our midnight release at Best Buy. Should be fun. I'm not buying one just yet, but I'll be playing friend's 360's. Looks cool, should be a fun (albeit stressful) night.

= J
Old 11-15-05, 05:55 PM

My store is not doing a midnight launch But me and a bunch of co-workers are camping out overnight to get ours...

Then go home, play a little , sleep .. then to work to tell those looking for it that we are all sold out.
Old 11-15-05, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If I can find one at BB/CC/Walmart/Target/etc on launch day, I'll be getting one. Unfortunately, I won't be able to open it until Christmas.
Old 11-15-05, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by eatntae
If I can find one at BB/CC/Walmart/Target/etc on launch day, I'll be getting one. Unfortunately, I won't be able to open it until Christmas.
same boat. I've got a pre-order at Game Rush paid with credit for the most part, but my wife wants the kids to be able to give me something for Christmas... no real big deal as I was mostly wanting Oblivion and it won't be out for a while.

Biggest bummer will be playing Half Life 2 on my Xbox and having to start over on the 360 once I "get my Christmas gift", since the saves won't transfer...

So, I'll be picking mine up at the Midnight launch at Game Rush and opening it a month later...

Last edited by sniper308; 11-15-05 at 08:24 PM.
Old 11-15-05, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

put down $50, to reserve a bundle at TRU. definitely will pick it up before work, if not probably after my shift.
Old 11-15-05, 09:20 PM

TRU only got 8 systems here ... 4 C 4 P. All ready filled those pretty quickly i heard.
Old 11-15-05, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm still in shock about my local Gamestop doing a midnight launch since they firmly stated they would not have one several times in the past few weeks.

I'm hoping to go pick up my games on Thursday from Gamestop. I also need to find a store that has the S-Video cables and after that I am all set. I got stuck working late on Monday but it was so that I could take Tuesday, Wednesday and Thanksgiving Day. My boss was pretty cool about hooking me up with some extra time off on release week.
Old 11-15-05, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Grrrrr....

Since DOA is delayed, Walmart.com is delaying my ENTIRE ORDER!!!

We do apologize; however, bundles are ONE item and are treated as such.
We cannot switch products, cancel the part that has not shipped, cancel
or change any portion. Only the entire bundle (which consists of all the
items in the bundle) can be returned, replaced, etc. Bundles in their
entirety can be returned to the store as well as via mail. Because this
was a "pre-ordered" item and the manufactures have not yet released it,
there has been a revised date issued and your order should ship on or
before November 25th, 2005. We sincerely apologize for any
inconvenience.

I am writing them back to inform them that the game is delayed until the 6th and if my entire order is delayed, I will cancel. Thank God I have a business membership to Costco and Sam's!

Sam
Old 11-15-05, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by HotThang

I am writing them back to inform them that the game is delayed until the 6th and if my entire order is delayed, I will cancel. Thank God I have a business membership to Costco and Sam's!
I suggest going to Costco then since Sam;s club is just walmart anyway. I'm sure they will miss your business.
Old 11-15-05, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jeffdsmith
I suggest going to Costco then since Sam;s club is just walmart anyway. I'm sure they will miss your business.
LOL That's true!

I am so confused! When is DOA actually coming out? Amazon says the 6th of December but most other sights are saying the 17th of November.

Sam
Old 11-15-05, 10:09 PM

How difficult do you guys think it'll be to pick up a 360 the day of launch without any reserves?
Old 11-15-05, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Xploited
How difficult do you guys think it'll be to pick up a 360 the day of launch without any reserves?
Did you read much/any of the other 40+ page XBOX 360 thread? The numbers aren't looking good so if you want one be prepared to camp somewhere unless you are feeling really lucky.
Old 11-15-05, 11:39 PM

I know Sam's will be getting in the bundles at launch since they are the sister company of Wal-Mart. I have a biz card as well and mine opens at 7am for biz and 10am for regular customers. I sure hope they sell the boxes early. I wonder how many biz customers will show up at each Sams? Basically wondering if a person needs to be there any earlier than 1/2 hour before opening.
I am hoping that if there are problems getting one at Sams at 7am then I can move on to other stores early.
Just curious to what others think about this or if they have heard from anyone working at Sams.
Old 11-16-05, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

As much as I'd like on on launch day, I think I'm going to hold off. Which is a shame, since Minnesota is Best Buy Central and the Richfield store is getting a bunch of consoles and having a midnight event.

I dunno...maybe I'll end up over there...I need to find some stuff to sell first!
Old 11-16-05, 01:09 AM

I went to Best Buy after work today and they were selling 2 Pre-Order bundles. Unfortunately the bundles where the worst I have ever seen.
the 1st one for $900 somthing. The bundle included wireless network, 2 year replacment plan, 1 year Live Gold, rocker gamer chair! , a extra wireless controller and 2 games.
the 2nd bundle was $1200 and included the same as the cheaper bunble but 3 extra wireless controllers and 3 games.

I don't know who comes up with that stuff?
Old 11-16-05, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I checked with my Costco yesterday, no confirmation on how many they will be getting, but I was told they had tons of calls regarding it. It is in the system at $479. I am assuming it is coming with the same bundle that was on costco.com, extra controller and pgr3 and I believe a play & charge kit.
Old 11-16-05, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Zwerchfell
I went to Best Buy after work today and they were selling 2 Pre-Order bundles. Unfortunately the bundles where the worst I have ever seen.
the 1st one for $900 somthing. The bundle included wireless network, 2 year replacment plan, 1 year Live Gold, rocker gamer chair! , a extra wireless controller and 2 games.
the 2nd bundle was $1200 and included the same as the cheaper bunble but 3 extra wireless controllers and 3 games.

I don't know who comes up with that stuff?
Best Buy does of course, they won't make much profit on the 360 and games, but that warranty and rocker gamer chair are gold to them.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.