Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Xbox 360 Compendium, Version 2.1

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-06, 12:30 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sniper308
...Note, this does not effect your game in any way other than loading. You will not lose any saved data.
Wait a minute there! Ive heard that resetting the cache resets everything like civilians you have killed are back alive and moved items go back to where they were. If youve killed anyone and taken over thier house, you get a rude awakening when you reset it. I dont know all the details but be sure to look this up on the official boards before doing it!
Old 03-28-06, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Save Ferris
Wait a minute there! Ive heard that resetting the cache resets everything like civilians you have killed are back alive and moved items go back to where they were. If youve killed anyone and taken over thier house, you get a rude awakening when you reset it. I dont know all the details but be sure to look this up on the official boards before doing it!
really? Do you have a source?
Old 03-28-06, 12:50 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

Only that I was about to do it and several people on my friends list told me about it. There has to be something about it online.

Im sure it wont mess with completed quests or items you own but if you've piled up some armor on the floor somewhere to come back to, or if youve moved a treasure or unlocked something it will all reset.
Old 03-28-06, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Shouldn't Oblivion talk go in the Oblivion thread
Old 03-28-06, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
Shouldn't Oblivion talk go in the Oblivion thread
I was reading this thread earlier and just assumed it was the Oblivion thread. Come to think of it... Oblivion talk has somehow made its way into the Xbox Live calander thread also.

As far as the clearing cache thing goes, does holding down A while turning on the console clear the cache only when the Oblivion disc is in, or will it work with other games too? From the post above, it seems as though there is no onscreen verification that it worked, you're just supposed to know it did. I was just wondering if this was an Xbox360 trick or something programmed into the game.
Old 03-28-06, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A couple of VERY good accessories coming soon:

Plantronics (Halo 2) headset: http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802280

Quick charge kit:
http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802270

I can't wait for the X30! I think I'm actually going to pre-order it. Man, who would of thought an ACCESSORY could be so exciting?
Old 03-28-06, 02:38 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Best Buy has had that headset in the store by me forabout 2 weeks. I have almost picked it up numerous times and probably will soon. Its nice, it just has the 2.5mm jack on the end. The volume and mute are on the cord.
Old 03-28-06, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts
Why would you need a quick charge kit? Doesn't that shorten the life of rechargeable batteries that aren't built for it?
Old 03-28-06, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
The only accessory I want right now is a wireless headset.

The 100GB drive wouldn't be bad either, but I keep my drive pretty clean so far. I just hope they come up with a way to transfer data between drives, so you don't have to hook up the stock drive to access old data/games/saves/etc.
Old 03-28-06, 04:33 PM

Hey guys, I was wondering if now is a good time to get a 360. I really want to get one, but some research I've been doing on other forums, I see a lot of "my 360 just died" threads. I was gonna get one at launch, but cooled off when I saw those posts. When I was at Best Buy earlier, the 360 in the display case had the 3 blinking red lights flashing on the console. Any word if they worked out some of their problems or is it still a crap shoot? I may end up getting one anyway, it seems MS are pretty quick in fixing the consoles, it's just I'd hate to have the idea of buying something for $400+ and it dying on me. Thanks.
Old 03-28-06, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by yotd576
Hey guys, I was wondering if now is a good time to get a 360. I really want to get one, but some research I've been doing on other forums, I see a lot of "my 360 just died" threads. I was gonna get one at launch, but cooled off when I saw those posts. When I was at Best Buy earlier, the 360 in the display case had the 3 blinking red lights flashing on the console. Any word if they worked out some of their problems or is it still a crap shoot? I may end up getting one anyway, it seems MS are pretty quick in fixing the consoles, it's just I'd hate to have the idea of buying something for $400+ and it dying on me. Thanks.
similar question here, how many of you that had to send back your systems for repair actually get a used system in return for your purchased new one? I recall seeing a few people who got someone elses broken system after it was repaired. that is what scares me about sending one in for repair. I take great care in keeping mine looking perfect and if I had to send mine in for repair and got someone elses beat up hunk of junk as a refurb I'd be pissed.
Old 03-28-06, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Vryce
Best Buy has had that headset in the store by me forabout 2 weeks. I have almost picked it up numerous times and probably will soon. Its nice, it just has the 2.5mm jack on the end. The volume and mute are on the cord.
Man, I wish you had said something. It's on backorder now and not available in store anywere near me.
Old 03-28-06, 05:23 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Next time I am there, if they have one, do you want me to pick one up? You can paypal me the cost + shipping and I can send it to you.
Old 03-28-06, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by yotd576
Hey guys, I was wondering if now is a good time to get a 360. I really want to get one, but some research I've been doing on other forums, I see a lot of "my 360 just died" threads.
Remember the people who have problems will post, those who have it work fine, don't post.

My friend, who has the worst luck of anybody with electronics (everything breaks or is a lemon) still has his working. Besides the DVD Talkers here, I know of a dozen or so people with them and I've reported no complaints. If you feel very afraid of something happening, get the extended warranty which is like $60 for 3 years (I think).

Then again, I've never had any problems with any console I've ever had.
Old 03-29-06, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've had my 360 from 2 weeks after launch and, I have not had any system problems (knocks on wood).
Old 03-29-06, 11:23 AM

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=15729

Xbox 360 becomes Australia's fastest-selling console at launch

Rob Fahey 14:59 29/03/2006

Gamers down under get on board with Microsoft's next-gen system

Microsoft's Xbox 360 has racked up the best debut ever for a console platform in Australia, with over 30,000 units of the system selling through in the four days following its March 23rd launch.

That's according to figures from market analyst GfK, which reports that around 10,000 consoles sold at the midnight launch on March 23rd, followed by an additional 20,000 units in the following days.

The totals put the Xbox 360 at the top of the launch sales league table in the region - the former record holder was Sony's PlayStation Portable, which sold through 27,000 units in a comparable period of time.

However, it's not clear whether all of the pre-orders taken for the Xbox 360 in Australia have yet been met - Microsoft's Xbox chief in the region, David McLean, had previously told local publication AustralianIT that pre-orders were running at around 45,000 units.

Commenting to the site in the wake of the launch figures being revealed by GfK, he said merely that the firm would "easily reach our launch window forecast."

GfK also revealed that a tie ratio of around 2.6 games per console has been seen in the early days of the launch; while McLean confirmed that the full Xbox 360 pack (as distinct from the hard drive lacking Core System) accounted for the bulk of sales.

The Xbox 360 launched in the other major global territories of North America, Europe and Japan before Christmas, but experienced massive shortages in the wake of the launches which are only now reaching a resolution.

Despite Microsoft's claims of a worldwide global launch, the Australian launch comes almost four months after other English-speaking territories got their hands on the console - so gamers in the territory are likely to have been relieved when Sony's Phil Harrison, on stage at GDC last week, told the audience that Australia was included in the firm's plans for a global launch in November 2006 for PS3.

So maybe there is some hope for this XBox 360 thingy!

Chris
Old 03-29-06, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So, a few games come out this week:

-Far Cry
-Rumble Roses XX
-Top Spin 2 ($40)
- Dynasty Warriors 5 ($40)

Nothing new after that until 4/11

Anyone getting any? I'm tempted for Top Spin

Last edited by DJ_Longfellow; 03-29-06 at 12:11 PM.
Old 03-29-06, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Far Cry
Rumble Roses XX
Top Spin 2 ($40)

And Dynasty Warriors.

I'm getting Far Cry Instincts: Predator personally.
Old 03-29-06, 04:25 PM
Suspended

Battlefield demo now up on the Marketplace.
Old 03-29-06, 05:20 PM

-Far Cry
-Rumble Roses XX
-Top Spin 2 ($40)
- Dynasty Warriors 5 ($40)

Nothing new after that until 4/11

[B]Nothing new after that until 4/11[/B]

This should be bold and in red because the past few weeks my wallet has been pretty beat up.
Old 03-30-06, 12:07 AM

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6146821.html

Taste of GRAW available tomorrow
Long-awaited demo of Ubisoft's next-gen Ghost Recon for Xbox 360 deploys tomorrow; multiplayer demo features Boneyard map.

The Ghost Recon series from Ubisoft teaches gamers a thing or two about patience. Rather than the run-and-gun style of most war games, the franchise places an emphasis on tactics, and can result in gamers waiting patiently and silently in the brush to try to get the perfect shot.

However, gamers have been neither patient nor silent since Ubisoft tantalized them with the announcement that an Xbox 360 demo of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter was coming soon. Across the Web, Xbox 360 owners have vocally pleaded for the file so they can get their GRAW on. Today, Ubisoft announced that those waiting for the demo will finally be able to pull the trigger, as it will be available tomorrow for free on Xbox Live Marketplace.

The multiplayer sampling of the popular game, which was released on March 9, features one map, the military junkyard known as the Boneyard. There won't be any cooperative modes in the demo, but all multiplayer competitive modes will be available and up to 16 players can play at once.

A demo for one of the game's biggest competitors in retail, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, just went live today. BF2:MC is set for release in April.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter is rated T for Teen and retails for $59.99. For more information on the game, read GameSpot's review.

By Tim Surette -- GameSpot
Posted Mar 29, 2006 3:16 pm PT

Great news!

Chris
Old 03-30-06, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Supposedly a fix for the Ninja Gaiden Black backwards compatability issues has been released. Others I've seen have reported that there is no more slowdown. I'm not sure if anything else was fixed or not.
Old 03-30-06, 01:43 AM
Banned

I saw that Dynasty Warriors 5 for Xbox 360 was 30 bux at frys, might want to check that out!

http://www.netaffilia.com/ad/electro.../29/16040.html
Old 03-30-06, 04:29 AM

Anyone else try the BF2 demo last night?

I got it late so I only used it for a little while, but there was literally no lag and the game seemed like a ton of fun. I better finish up GRAW before it comes out because I don't think it will be getting played after that.
Old 03-30-06, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I tried the BF2 demo last night....it was ok. It basically seemed like a small upgrade in graphics and played just like the XBOX version. It was ok though...I'll have to look at in a little more.

The server held up well for me, but I was on early....so maybe it was not slammed at all.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.