Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-06, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Eelkram
Agreed. RAM should be the first thing you upgrade. What exactly happens when you're in a big city? And how much are you looking to spend on a video card?
Well, when I'm in a big city it gets very choppie. Its like I'm taking a picture of the screen, I don't move for about 2 seconds. When my computer catches up, I'm about 30 yards(estimate) ahead of where I was and facing the opposite direction. During this whole time, I have crazy HD accessing going on. If I'm out by myself soloing I have no problem.

I've been seeing the 9600 Pro(used) for about 60-70 shipped on ebay. Also, this is the only game I play on the PC. If I just have to add RAM that would even be cheaper.
Old 01-12-06, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by rgarcia
Well, when I'm in a big city it gets very choppie. Its like I'm taking a picture of the screen, I don't move for about 2 seconds. When my computer catches up, I'm about 30 yards(estimate) ahead of where I was and facing the opposite direction. During this whole time, I have crazy HD accessing going on. If I'm out by myself soloing I have no problem.

I've been seeing the 9600 Pro(used) for about 60-70 shipped on ebay. Also, this is the only game I play on the PC. If I just have to add RAM that would even be cheaper.
I upgraded my RAM to 1 gig on both my laptop and desktop for this game, and it definitely helped. The only times I really lag now are instance load screens (damn you addons) or very large group battles (AV) and some larger instances. The only other lag issue I have is that Bloodscalp is full, and gets quite laggy when you can actually log on.

My priest is only up to 44 now, I recently joined a large guild so I've spent some more time playing my rogue. Hopefully this weekend I can hit 48, and start farming gear in Mara.
Old 01-12-06, 01:04 PM

Your hard drive accessing like crazy is a sign that's there's a lot of swapping going on because you don't have enough RAM. I would upgrade to 1G ram first and see if you have a lot more problems after that.
Old 01-12-06, 11:40 PM

Oh the joy of being stuck on the "Retrieving Character List" for +20 minutes every night.

And I also loved that they released a small patch to fix some of the bugs from the 1.9 content patch, only to release another mini-patch a couple days later to fix the stuttering movement caused by that patch.

Blizzard
Old 01-14-06, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://hamstring.ytmnsfw.com/
Old 01-16-06, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

hey innocentfreak (Allesara) I am on cenarius to as Borg send me a msg sometimes

To all the new people who just started, if you are still playing by yourself I would welcome you into our guild on the cenarius server if you cared to roll a character there.
Old 01-16-06, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Eelkram
Your hard drive accessing like crazy is a sign that's there's a lot of swapping going on because you don't have enough RAM. I would upgrade to 1G ram first and see if you have a lot more problems after that.
I went and brought another stick of ram, so I have 1G now. There has been great improvement from when I started. It is very playable right now and there are hardly any slow downs when I enter a big city. I think I'll keep looking at ebay for a 9600-9800 Pro for a reasonable price. Thanks for everyone's help. See you on WoW........
Old 01-16-06, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by rgarcia
I went and brought another stick of ram, so I have 1G now. There has been great improvement from when I started. It is very playable right now and there are hardly any slow downs when I enter a big city. I think I'll keep looking at ebay for a 9600-9800 Pro for a reasonable price. Thanks for everyone's help. See you on WoW........
Good to hear!
Old 01-18-06, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Fandango

Ok, that was so me screaming like that. I swear I miss half my hamstrings when pvping.. argh! Damn coneheads!

no, but really.... that was rather funny.
Old 01-20-06, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
Ran UBRS last night with a pick up group of 15. lots of fun. it was pretty easy and the group worked out great. I got the Dragonrider Boot, which i wanted. Now i just need blue bracers and pants (and rings and a trinket) and i'll be green-free.
Old 01-21-06, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 403 Likes on 303 Posts
I got dragged back into WoW by my brother-in-law. He got the game, loves it, and I started a new Tauren Shaman on his server to play with him. Of course he's paying for the subscription, so it's all good

He's a Tauren Druid. I was curious, though. He said he couldn't find the first Druid shapeshift spell. What level do you have to be to get it and where is it? Also, what is it called?
Old 01-22-06, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Woot! Our guild got our first Ragnaros kill tonight. Not too shabby considering our first MC run as a guild was just over a month ago.

Old 01-22-06, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I got dragged back into WoW by my brother-in-law. He got the game, loves it, and I started a new Tauren Shaman on his server to play with him. Of course he's paying for the subscription, so it's all good

He's a Tauren Druid. I was curious, though. He said he couldn't find the first Druid shapeshift spell. What level do you have to be to get it and where is it? Also, what is it called?
at level 10 you get bear form. You have to talk to a night elf spirit in moonglade. At 16 you get seal, at 20 you get cat, 30 you get travel form, and 40 you get dire bear.
there aren't many druid quests though. after you get the water form and cure poison, you can learn everything else from the trainer. We don't even have a cool level 50 quest for cool blue items, unlike every other class

I sympathize with starting a new char. I am going to try and powerlevel a NE druid on Burning Legion so that I can play with some RL friends for once. Are there any good websites that I can find people who want to trade level 60 chars? I have a Arthas human mage and an Eonar Tauren druid.

Last edited by RoQuEr; 01-22-06 at 09:35 AM.
Old 01-22-06, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by RoQuEr
at level 10 you get bear form. You have to talk to a night elf spirit in moonglade. At 16 you get seal, at 20 you get cat, 30 you get travel form, and 40 you get dire bear.
there aren't many druid quests though. after you get the water form and cure poison, you can learn everything else from the trainer. We don't even have a cool level 50 quest for cool blue items, unlike every other class

I sympathize with starting a new char. I am going to try and powerlevel a NE druid on Burning Legion so that I can play with some RL friends for once. Are there any good websites that I can find people who want to trade level 60 chars? I have a Arthas human mage and an Eonar Tauren druid.
Where's Moonglade at?
Old 01-22-06, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh and has there been an explosion of new players? When I stopped in October, I was able to log on just fine, alot of the servers weren't full, etc.

Now nearly every time I log in, I get a 5-20 minutes wait, and most of the servers are full, so they've been making new ones.
Old 01-22-06, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Moonglade is north of Felwood which is north of Ashenvale but I think druids get to teleport there. The new players seemed to have joined after Christmas which makes sense.
Old 01-22-06, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So the Druid can teleport there, but no other classes? Is it safe for him to go there?
Old 01-22-06, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yes there are no mobs to fight there, it is completely safe for him to go there. Only druids can teleport there, as to how to do it that I don't know, I assume it's from a quest or from the trainer.
Old 01-23-06, 03:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

As a Shaman, what talents should I focus on?

Also, what professions? I chose skinning and leatherworking. I almost thought of getting herbs and alchemy, though. I definitely didn't want to deal with mining and engineering/smithing.
Old 01-23-06, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Okay, so my brother finally convinced me to join the ranks of the WOW. Cool game! Just started last night and got my Troll Hunter up to level 6. May have to create a character on Cenarius some time to play with you guys. If anyone has some spare silver lying around....
Old 01-23-06, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes there are no mobs to fight there, it is completely safe for him to go there. Only druids can teleport there, as to how to do it that I don't know, I assume it's from a quest or from the trainer.
It also depends on whether you are on a pvp server.
If you are, the other faction can kill you.

I got an offer for my 2 lvl 60 on Archimonde (pvp server) for $150.
Any opinions on whether this a good deal?
Only have 1 epic item and an epic mount, but have over 1200G on that account.
Old 01-23-06, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by timewaster
It also depends on whether you are on a pvp server.
If you are, the other faction can kill you.

I got an offer for my 2 lvl 60 on Archimonde (pvp server) for $150.
Any opinions on whether this a good deal?
Only have 1 epic item and an epic mount, but have over 1200G on that account.
Wonder what I could sell my lvl 60 human priest which has complete MC epic armor set, epic priest staff, epic mount and 400g? On Dragonmaw server.
Old 01-23-06, 11:59 AM

Just before x-mass....I saw a few Druids going for 300.00+ on ebay...You should look there to see how much they are going for. I have my full teir1 set, and most of my teir2, also full Tank, PVP (Rank 11) and Cat gear. If I knew I could get 400-500.....I think I would sell, and start another
Old 01-23-06, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The Shaman talents you should focus on while getting to 60 should be enhancement and either elemental or restoration. Then you should respec at 60 to elemental and restoration. I would do herbalism and alchemy especially now for the war effort turn ins, you can turn in peacebloom or sell it for much more than you could otherwise. Herbs sell for alot of money on the AH. Leatherworking seems to be only profitable with the patterns that are hard to get whereas alchemy your potions will sell regardless of the level.
Old 01-23-06, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The Shaman talents you should focus on while getting to 60 should be enhancement and either elemental or restoration. Then you should respec at 60 to elemental and restoration. I would do herbalism and alchemy especially now for the war effort turn ins, you can turn in peacebloom or sell it for much more than you could otherwise. Herbs sell for alot of money on the AH. Leatherworking seems to be only profitable with the patterns that are hard to get whereas alchemy your potions will sell regardless of the level.
Ok, I'll make the switch tonight.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.