Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

World of Warcraft game thread - 'official' dvdtalk server inside.

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

World of Warcraft game thread - 'official' dvdtalk server inside.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-05, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so is there a new patch today?
Is it the big patch with the new instance?
(can't check since I'm at work)

Also, there is a mod that usually comes with cosmo, where if you are too far away, the icon gets greyed out until you get close enough. (icon is linked to a spell). I've stopped using cosmo because they take too long to update after a patch so want to download it separately.
Anybody know the name of the mod and where I can get it?
Old 06-21-05, 11:35 AM

I don't think there's a new patch today. The last patch is only 2 weeks old.
Old 06-21-05, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd imagine it would go to the test server first, before public release anyway.
Old 06-21-05, 11:49 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Word is that Blackwing Depths will not be playable for the public on the test server, and that it is actually on that server now for internal testing. Whether the rest of the patch will be up for public testing remains to be seen.
Old 06-21-05, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Groucho
Word is that Blackwing Depths will not be playable for the public on the test server, and that it is actually on that server now for internal testing. Whether the rest of the patch will be up for public testing remains to be seen.
Bah.

This will go well. I'm sure their internal testing team will catch all the bugs.
Old 06-21-05, 11:56 AM

"Hey, isn't there supposed to be a dragon in here?"
Old 06-21-05, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
Saturday night i tried out Uldaman, party was me (mage 43), my wife (paladin 43), mage 46, hi wife (paladin 38) and a warrior 45. We killed the giant lady behind the Raiders of the lost ark map room and killed the obsidian statue guy but then the troggs further on wiped us. Then the fire dwarf guy wiped us. we went back and killed him but didnt get anythign for it. Then later on troggs wiped us again and we quit (it was almost 3 am). I have Uldaman quests that are green and yellow but didnt find the things to complete them. guess i'll have to look it up before heading back. After all of that I didnt get one green item drop.

i think some of the quests are not in the instance.

anyway, i'm going to try to solo uldaman tonight. i got to the part where there were some dwarfs everywhere. but, i ran out of time (and some interest b/c it felt so long). i looked at a map of uldaman and turns out i wasn't too far off from the end of it.
Old 06-21-05, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm just posting to see what everyone's opinion on this is.

So I'm in a pickup group that ran Maraudon, we kill the princess and I win all three drops, the necklace, bracers and a random green hand armor. First two were N for me and the third everyone was G on. At this point the druid in our group is clearly mad about not winning the necklace. So after this we kill the gator and he drops his axe which the other shaman put N on and I let him have. Next we kill the goblin who drops the shield that both of us shaman need obviously. Now the druid at this point is saying I should let the other shaman have it since I won those rolls earlier. Keep in mind I have run this multiple times and have not even seen the shield drop yet. So I roll for the shield and win it. After this the druid gets real mad, even more than the other shaman. He does the usual stuff, calling me a noob and saying remind me never to group with you again. He keeps going on about it and I think it made the other people in the group feel the same way even though they were neutral about it when it happened. So in your opinion was I wrong for rolling on the shield?
Old 06-21-05, 09:48 PM

If you get one "Need" item, it's generally considered good manners to defer to others on their "Need" items, so that everybody (hopefully) walks out of the instance with something.
Old 06-21-05, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yes, he got the axe from the gator which he needed so I felt the shield was fair game.
Old 06-21-05, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

By the way, what servers are everyone on? Wanted to know if i could actually party with any of you.. I have characters on

Cenarius
BoneChewer
Old 06-21-05, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Fandango
Yes, he got the axe from the gator which he needed so I felt the shield was fair game.
In those types of situations, I say just don't let it bother you. You do what you feel what's right. If you ran the instance multiple times for drops that you never got, you more than deserve it. A need roll that you rolled on against another player is fair game. You both had equal chance to win the item.

If the druid didn't win his necklace, it's his lost. Is he going to get pissed that he didn't win the Shaman drops that he can't use too? What a baby.
Old 06-21-05, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Gig of RAM helped, lvl 18 priest here.
Old 06-22-05, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Quick question: If i leave this game for a few months and then come back, are my characters still there? how long do they save the characters?
Old 06-22-05, 08:00 AM

Your characters are saved indefinately when you cancel.
Old 06-22-05, 10:36 AM

My characters are on Alleria, all horde.
Old 06-22-05, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Fandango
So in your opinion was I wrong for rolling on the shield?
Personally, I wouldn't have rolled. It's generally common courtesy to try and share the blue drops. You already had two upgrades, and he only had one. It seems only fair to let him have a second one, especially since this was the last boss of your instance. You can't play the "I've been here X number of times before and have never seen this" card. When you are in a group you are all doing the same work, and should only be rewarded for what was done with that group. I probably wouldn't have said anything if I was there (other than maybe to suggest you let the other guy have it before you rolled), but I probably wouldn't go out of my way to group with you again after that...
Old 06-22-05, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, the thing is he already had the necklace so the only thing he could have won was the bracers and if he won that then it would have been 3 drops for him if he got the shield too, keeping in mind he got the axe before that. So in this case I guess I should have the shield then? Personally I am not going to get mad because I believe everyone has a fair shot of winning need items and if you win it then I lost it fairly. As you said everyone does their part in the group so why shouldn't everyone have a fair roll on stuff they need. It just so happened that I got really lucky that time and won everything which never happened to me before.
Old 06-22-05, 02:36 PM

I'm not really sure how you go about justifying counting stuff he already had as part of your count. Bottom line is you walked out with 3 upgrades when he walked out with 1 when it could have been a nice friendly 2-2. I generally avoid high level raiding because I much prefer 5 man, but I know that if someone won part of their class set, and then another piece dropped later, they would be expected to pass and leave it for someone in that class that hadn't won anything yet.

You can of course do whatever you want, but don't be surprised if you get more and more people upset at you.
Old 06-22-05, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The reason I'm counting it is because the necklace would not have been an upgrade for him so it shouldn't count as part of it. So in this case it was 2-1 and not 3-1 and no possibility of a 2-2 even showing as you said.
Old 06-22-05, 03:52 PM

Perhaps I need a more extreme example... Suppose there was an instance that dropped all 8 pieces of a class set, and there were two shamans in the group. One of the shamans only needs 1 piece of the set, the other needs all 8. In this particular run, the 7 pieces drop that the first shaman doesn't need, so shaman 2 gets them all. Then the 8th piece drops. By your logic, shaman 2 should be able to roll on it, as that would only give him a 1-0 lead in loot. But common courtesy would have shaman 1 get it. This discussion is a good example of why most high level pickup groups state loot rules before things start though.

Agree or disagree, I'd prefer to stop before this thread starts looking like the official WoW forums...
Old 06-22-05, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well now you are going into hypothetical situations so I think this is over now.
Old 06-22-05, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Just start calling the druid a ninja looter whenever you are in Orgimmar. that will solve everything and no one will like him.
Old 06-22-05, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Why ask people's opinions if you won't accept them?

His hypothetical wasn't your situation, but it's a fair explanation of what most people likely think of the situation.

-shrug-
Old 06-27-05, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
I hit level 45 yesterday. I'm looking forward to going through Razorfen downs, looks to be 2 or 3 alliance quests for there.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.