Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

What are some good "new" or upcoming GBA games?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 10-25-04, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a GBA SP about 3 months ago and bought Street Fighter 2 and Zelda: A Link to the Past. I have beaten Zelda and am now looking for something else to play but there does not seem to be any good games on the immediate horizon. I am looking forward to Mega Man collection but that keeps getting delayed. I am also waiting for the new Zelda but that is not coming out until early 2005.

Does anyone have any suggestions of some good games that I might have missed or some games that will be coming out soon that I should be keeping an eye out for?
Old 10-26-04, 10:14 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

What kind of games do you favor? Regardless, the first game you should get is Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. Extremely fun and satisfying, with a lot of play elements that were so well implemented that they were ported over to Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door on the GCN.

Some other greats:

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Advance Wars (1 or 2)
Boktai
Metroid Fusion
Mario vs. Donkey Kong

Those should keep you more than occupied until The Minish Cap comes out.
Old 10-27-04, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Golden Sun 1 and 2

Cool games and under $20 each.
Old 10-27-04, 12:37 PM

Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls, Classic NES series 2, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories and GTA are a few I'm looking forward to.
Old 10-27-04, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Speaking on Classic NES 2, Circuit City is giving away another free shirt with purchase this week.. don't know what it is, but the last one was pretty cool.. it was a mock-up plumbing company shirt.
Old 11-02-04, 04:07 PM
Banned

Get the EZFLASH III and Pocket NES

Thank me later

Oh and Dawn of Souls is gonna kick all kinds of ass!
Old 11-02-04, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The new Astro Boy game is pretty great - it's kinda like Viewtiful Joe, only not quite as intense. And it's got some of the best graphics on the GBA yet.
Old 11-03-04, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by isamu
Get the EZFLASH III and Pocket NES

Thank me later

Oh and Dawn of Souls is gonna kick all kinds of ass!
Could you tell me about these? I'm pretty sure I know what you mean and I don't think talking about emulation violates any forum rules necessarilly.
Old 11-03-04, 05:03 AM
Banned

actually I think it does, but anyway google is your friend
Old 11-03-04, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Isn't the new Zelda coming out in a couple weeks?
Old 11-03-04, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Aghama
Isn't the new Zelda coming out in a couple weeks?
In Japan and Europe.. US in January.
Old 11-03-04, 10:26 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Don't forget that Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories comes out Dec. 4. That should be a good one.
Old 11-03-04, 02:40 PM
Banned

I bought my first GBASP about three weeks ago. Picked up Puzzle Fighter II Sword of Mana THUG2 and FFTA. I will be buying a DS on the first day of launch, simply because I am really starting to dislike the GBASP's screen. It's simply too dark and way too reflective. Being that I wear glasses that makes it even worse. I see my face in the screen almost as clear as the game itself.

I am hoping the DS' screen is truly backlit(unlike the SP) and that the battery life is just as good. 100% backwards compatibility with all GBA games is the sole reason I am buying it. I can't wait to play Puzzle Fighter II on a slightly bigger and brighter screen while at work. Gonna get Ridge Racer and Mario too of course
Old 11-04-04, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

When you play Puzzle Fighter II, let me know if the bugs I heard rumors about really exist.

If you're looking for a nice puzzle game, Puyo Pop fits the bill. Don't pass up Pokemon Pinball, either the old cart or the new GBA cart. It's loads of fun!
Old 11-04-04, 02:11 PM
Banned

Originally posted by PrincessT
When you play Puzzle Fighter II, let me know if the bugs I heard rumors about really exist.

If you're looking for a nice puzzle game, Puyo Pop fits the bill. Don't pass up Pokemon Pinball, either the old cart or the new GBA cart. It's loads of fun!
My copy of PFII has NO bugs whatsoever and has never glitched or crashed on me. And I've already put more than 100 hours into it.

Yeah, I plan on getting Puyo Pop very soon. I have pretty much mastered Pzzle Fighter II, beating the game numeruous times on the very hard setting with one credit with several characters.

Although Puzzle Fighter II is the prettiest, flashiest puzzler I can think of, I hear that Puyo Pop's gameplay is deeper and more in depth. Is this true? I've only played one puyo puyo game before and that was for the neo geo pocket and was for only like 10 minutes. Is Puyo Pop as addicting as PFII? Is the gameplay that similar?
Old 11-04-04, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Mario Golf: Advance Tour is good if you like Golf. The gameplay isn't as solid as Toadstool Tour and obviously it lacks most of the bells and whistles, but it has an RPG story mode to make up for it and it's still fun to play.