Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Donkey Konga 29.99 preorder with controller!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Donkey Konga 29.99 preorder with controller!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-04, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*banging head on desk*
Why do I come to this site when I have no money?
Oh wait, I have no money because I come to this site.
Thanks for the post, damn it!!
Old 08-26-04, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by tidwell
Why do I come to this site when I have no money?
Oh wait, I have no money because I come to this site.
Nice.
Old 08-26-04, 12:50 PM
Retired

Silly question. How loud are the bongo's? I'm mildly interested, but live in an apartment and don't want to piss of the neighbors.
Old 08-26-04, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
Silly question. How loud are the bongo's? I'm mildly interested, but live in an apartment and don't want to piss of the neighbors.
Not that loud really, not loud enough to bother neighbors unless you have paper thin walls at least. Part of the game involves clapping as well.. when I demoed it at Toys R Us the clapping seemed louder than the bongos.
Old 08-26-04, 01:13 PM
Retired

Cool. My aparment's walls are fairly good, ceiling is a little thing though, but still by far the best of the few apartments I've had noise wise.
Old 08-26-04, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How will the game know that you're clapping
Old 08-26-04, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Roto
Magic pixies, duh.
Old 08-26-04, 02:19 PM

Originally posted by Roto
There is a tiny mic between the bongos that can pick it up.
I guess it doens't know whether you're clapping or spanking yourself...
Old 08-26-04, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by tidwell
There is a tiny mic between the bongos that can pick it up.
I guess it doens't know whether you're clapping or spanking yourself...
The clapping works surprisingly well, at least in a store full of crappy music.
Old 08-26-04, 04:25 PM

Well I bit and ordered, looking forward to getting the package
Old 08-26-04, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They must be using that new space age technology I heard about

But now every time I play how can I keep the lights on? That could get annoying.
Old 08-26-04, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
Actually, you don't even have to beat the drum or clap. You can just rest your hands on the drums and press down, like an oversized button with a drumhead on it. Also, you can hit the side of the drum rather than clap. The microphone will still pick up the sound.

Even if you beat the hell out of the drums, the actual controller won't make any drum noises. Other than the clapping, the only noise you need to worry about is the drum sounds coming through the speakers.
Old 08-26-04, 06:37 PM

Looks like the offer's down. Page says game not available. Tried it an hour ago and it worked. Oh well.
Old 08-26-04, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

vgtalk.com says it is only for the drums (no game).

crap... when i check my order, it says it shipped already. and the shipment email says "bongos only"

Last edited by young; 08-26-04 at 08:27 PM.
Old 08-26-04, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

ouch
Old 08-26-04, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

lol, this is twice the bongos have irked me! maybe the monkey and i are meant to stay apart? (oh, melodius monkey of drums... you will be mine)
Old 08-26-04, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I was thinking it may just be for the bongos since they will retail for around $30.

I was going to need a second set anyway so no big deal.
Old 08-26-04, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by young
vgtalk.com says it is only for the drums (no game).

crap... when i check my order, it says it shipped already. and the shipment email says "bongos only"
My order confirmation email says game/bongos, not sure how they could have shipped yet since they don't come out for a month. Maybe they cancelled the order and this is how it shows up, they will have some grumpy people if they just ship the controller...
Old 08-26-04, 09:41 PM

Originally posted by Homer Simpson
My order confirmation email says game/bongos, not sure how they could have shipped yet since they don't come out for a month. Maybe they cancelled the order and this is how it shows up, they will have some grumpy people if they just ship the controller...
Mine says this as well. I hope we get the game too! I remember a while ago they had a price mistake for south park season one for 10 bucks, they honored that. Hopefully they will follow suit with this one as well.
Old 08-26-04, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just got the email, the formatting is off and it hasn't actually shipped, it says it's backordered and says Bongos only. I sent an email to them asking if it's for both. If everyone can hang tight I'll post the response tomorrow (or lack of response). Better not to inundate them with emails at this point.
Old 08-26-04, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

having read the vgtalk forum's thread, i think it's pretty evident that it is for bongos only. my confirmation email also said bongos/game. but the shipment email says bongos only.

Amount Ordered Shipped BackOrd Price Title
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0.00 1 1 29.99 DONKEY KONG (BONGOS ONLY)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0.00 Subtotal
0.00 Shipping & Handling
$0.00 Total

Please note - orders shipped via USPS 1st class mail should arrive within 3 - 5 business days after they are shipped.
Shipping via US Domestic Mail to...

i guess i should have it pretty soon.
Old 08-26-04, 10:56 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
So, has anybody called them and raised a shitstorm? They can't just change what we ordered like that.
Old 08-26-04, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looks as if they've cancelled the orders to me.

According to my shipping notice:
Your order did not ship due to BACKORDER ITEMS/S WILL SHIP UPON RECEIPT.
My guess it that by "shipping" it at $0.00... it is their way of cancelling it.

Last edited by RobLutter; 08-26-04 at 11:09 PM.
Old 08-26-04, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Here's a follow up post from Matt McClure, he's actually replying to some other posts but it explains what happened and where the mix-up occurred. Oh well, on to the next deal:

---------------------------------
Actually, you couldn't be further from the truth. I DO NOT work for Sam Goody. I work for the largest distributor of movies, games & music in the US. Companies like Sam Goody, (AOL, Amazon, Sony, Blockbuster, etc), contract our company to take care of all online orders and the customer service for the online store, as well. What happened was a simple case of mis-communication on the manufacturer's part. We were originally told that this item was coming with the game + BONGOS. I even called Nintendo directly, last night and was told by an employee that the game was not even being sold without the drums. What we did not take into account is that it could be just the bongos, alone...without the game..(which it turns out, is exactly what it was). When I arrived at work at noon today, my managers and I did some digging to resolve this issue, and that's when we found that it's actually the bongos only. Since then, we've done our damndest to get everything straightened out. I PM'd zoltek as soon as this was figured out, because I knew there were alot of people on here who had already/or were planning to place orders with us. My primary intention for letting you guys know what the deal is, was to try and nip this in the bud before it escalated out of control. I was trying to do you, (aka "the consumer") a favor, as well as myself, (aka "the CSR rep", aka "the customer's punching bag"). You guys can now look elsewhere for the game, and I can breath a little easier knowing that a few less people won't be calling me up to cuss me out over something I had no control over.
lunarscape wrote:
I suggest people not give up quite yet. E-mail, call, write on paper, whatever. Demand your game AND bongos for $29.99 and even bring up the name Matt McClure. Worst case, you'll get nothing. If you're lucky, they'll give you a percent off coupon. You might get lucky and win, especially if enough people complain,

I'm sorry, but I'm tired of seeing Sam Goody screw everyone over again and again. If you sit back and let them get away with this one, you're basically telling them it's okay if they do it again.
Again, that would be pointless, (but feel free to try).

Look, I'm sorry you guys feel duped, but I personally had nothing to do with it, and have gone way out of my way to make sure you guys know what's going on. I can understand where you're coming from, but the fact of the matter is...mistakes happen. People mess-up. This is not something done intentionally. You can say what you want about Sam Goody, however, don't drag my name into any scheme to get some kind of hook-up or discount because it won't work, and it only shows how shallow one can be.

As to everyone else, thanks for the positive comments.

Sincerely,

Matt McClure
Old 08-27-04, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So what the hell happened? Did they ship? Are the cancelled? I got one thing saying something, and another thing saying something else. What does "Your order did not ship due to BACKORDER ITEMS/S WILL SHIP UPON RECEIPT" mean? Why can't they just send out an email saying "Oh sorry guys, we screwed that up and your orders are all canceled" instead of making us guess at what's going on?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.