Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Need help with I-Ninja!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-04, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need help with I-Ninja!

I can't get that damned red coin at the top of the grate in Sly Ninja. Every time I try to run up the grate, one of two things happens:

(1) 75% of the time, I fall to the ground because the camera has shifted while I was running and therefore I failed to make contact at the right angle, or

(2) 25% of the time, I run up the grate only to slide back down because of insufficient clearance.

Is there a trick to this? What am I doing wrong? Gamefaqs was no help. Any help is appreciated; I'm at wit's end.
Old 06-23-04, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What area is this in?
Old 06-23-04, 08:58 PM

The level is Sly Ninja. The area is Jungle Falls.
Old 06-24-04, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm trying to remember the level, but it's not coming to me... will have to check when I get home...
Old 06-26-04, 05:08 PM

Bump... Anyone? I just have a couple grades left to get, and this one's frustrating the hell out of me.
Old 06-26-04, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,227 Posts
BTW: Is it a pretty good game? I just bought it from EB Games for $10.99, which seemed like a really good price, but I can return it to the store if it sucks.
Old 06-27-04, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I like it - stuff (for me) was challenging but not impossible so far... will see though as i go through it... still have to check out sly ninja... would a double jump work?
Old 06-27-04, 04:19 PM

Stingo: No, you definitely have to run up the grate. The FAQs say so, as does the BradyGames guide. Both sources say to do this like it's no big deal, so the fact that I've tried well over 100 times now with no success makes me think that I'm doing something wrong.

Decker: It's a great game, very confidently designed and well produced. Definitely worth playing through.
Old 06-28-04, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hmm ok - is this the level where you have to avoid the robots and all? Is this the part that has the river that you have to cross and then stand on the tree stumps to avoid the robots? I remember there being two coins there - one as you enter the section (on your right) and another down river on the left (where the wheel to open the door to the next section is)... is this the one you mean? If it's the one I'm thinking of... run up the wall then jump away from it - you will get a little higher and possibly be able to get the coin.

Last edited by stingo; 06-28-04 at 07:33 AM.