Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

It has begun. - THE E3 THREAD -

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-04, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Sega portable unit sounds interesting, especially the comments about it being more powerful than the dreamcast which, by all standards, is still a pretty good machine. I'd like to see a PS2 port of Shenmue, though. Any possibility or will it remain an X-Box exclusive?

Oh, and a fighting game based on Fight Club? What moron thought that could work? Good to see some Tekken 5 screens. Hope it it's an improvement over the last game.

Last edited by Fincher Fan; 05-13-04 at 08:35 AM.
Old 05-13-04, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I want Kingdom Hearts II news. Like "You'll be playing it before the end of the year!" news.
Old 05-13-04, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So the Sega-ton announcement is that they will publish the Matrix MMPORPG? What a dud of an announcement.....
Old 05-13-04, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally posted by The Franchise
So the Sega-ton announcement is that they will publish the Matrix MMPORPG? What a dud of an announcement.....
That supposedly isn't the big announcement.
Old 05-13-04, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
This is an excerpt from E3 Expo 2004 website that was just posted today at 12:30 EST.

http://www.e3insider.com/e3now.htm

New and different

"Sega’s surprise announcement that they’re working on Matrix Online was coupled with an impressive working demo in their exhibit. Check out Floored for our coverage of their announcement. They also featured Astro Boy, a huge success overseas, that will find a wide audience in the United States. We’ll be covering Astro Boy in Floored tomorrow. "

At least according to this website this is the big news. Anyone else know something differently that rebukes that this is not their "big" news please provide proof. We can only hope it is
not the big news, if so only one word, LAME.
Old 05-13-04, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Schloob1
This is an excerpt from E3 Expo 2004 website that was just posted today at 12:30 EST.

http://www.e3insider.com/e3now.htm

New and different

"Sega’s surprise announcement that they’re working on Matrix Online was coupled with an impressive working demo in their exhibit. Check out Floored for our coverage of their announcement. They also featured Astro Boy, a huge success overseas, that will find a wide audience in the United States. We’ll be covering Astro Boy in Floored tomorrow. "

At least according to this website this is the big news. Anyone else know something differently that rebukes that this is not their "big" news please provide proof. We can only hope it is
Well, they also announced 'Phantasy Star Universe'. To me, that is a big announcement.
Old 05-14-04, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Sega already came out and stated that the word of them having big news was blown out of control and that it is indeed that they are doing the matrix online.

The hype behind this big news was created by the fans. Think Episode 1 type of hype with little pay out.

Need proof? asked them myself and read article online which I don't want to shuffle through the tons of E3 news pieces to find.
Old 05-14-04, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by PixyJunket
I want Kingdom Hearts II news. Like "You'll be playing it before the end of the year!" news.
the square movie was simply amazing... AMAZING!
Old 05-14-04, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by glassdragon
so you almost ate styrophome?

I took a bite out of styrophome. yup. I also spit it out in their booth and kept the piece that was left. By the end of the day it turns out a few others fell for this ploy as all that stryophome goodies were gone. trust me.. they were all styrophome..
Old 05-14-04, 12:42 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Jack...same thing here...damn cheap bastards! Hell crackes are cheaper then styrofome cracker!
Old 05-14-04, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 960 Likes on 667 Posts
For the record it's styrofoam, STYROFOAM.
Old 05-14-04, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Whateva. Phantom, worthless pile of lies. Stryofoam, Styrophone. Storypwned.. it's all the same.
Old 05-14-04, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yer all styrophobes.
Old 05-14-04, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
the square movie was simply amazing... AMAZING!
I don't care about Square's movies! TELL ME KINGDOM HEARTS!
Old 05-14-04, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Any of you happen to catch this game called Black? The IGN article claims it's the be all and end all. Sounds like the shiznit. Anyone from here see the demo they are talking about?
Old 05-14-04, 02:32 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by The Franchise
Any of you happen to catch this game called Black? The IGN article claims it's the be all and end all. Sounds like the shiznit. Anyone from here see the demo they are talking about?
I'm curious to see it. I'm not completely sold on a game being the end all because it has a mix of scripted and non-scripted destructible objects.
Old 05-14-04, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The hype behind this big news was created by the fans.
And of course Sega's own press release, which explicitly referred to the announcement as "BIG news you'd NEVER guess." At least they got the second part right....

I'm curious to see it. I'm not completely sold on a game being the end all because it has a mix of scripted and non-scripted destructible objects.
Frankly I'm not really sure why IGN is so stoked about it. It all seems to come down to completely destructible environments but is that really so incredibly special these days? Half-Life 2 will supposedly let you burn down entire buildings should you so desire. The last sentence of the IGN article confirms my long-held suspicion that IGN is staffed mainly by idiots -- "Respect the company that first works on 'feel' and then worries about everything else later." Yes, because so long as the guns recoil properly, who cares about the actual gameplay?
Old 05-14-04, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Sega also released a press release saying that the anouncement was being over blown.
Old 05-15-04, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hmm, I missed that one. Got a link?
Old 05-15-04, 03:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

http://spong.com/detail/news.asp?mod...vid=&prid=6607
Old 05-15-04, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by PixyJunket
I don't care about Square's movies! TELL ME KINGDOM HEARTS!
It's hard to put into words Pixy but, it was amazing. Trust me when I say you wont be dissappointed. A few things they showed of the gameplay Sora has some new tricks. One part of the trailer shows him jumping off of pillars, and creating a combo string in mid air (yeah nothing new but it still looked cool) It also appears that he can now roll once knocked down by an enemy. Very cool stuff the game cant get here fast enough.