Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The greatest drinking game of all time is released this week!!

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 04-06-04, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm talking about Warioware Inc for Gamecube. This game has it written all over it the way and manner the game is played with your friends. And its a game that uses your reflexes and hand-eye coordination skills, things that are effected inversely by the brews . Its gonna be wild this week at my house. Well actually i'm bringing my GC to someone elses place but you get the idea.
Old 04-06-04, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Tapper would kick this games ass.
Old 04-06-04, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Warioware is awesome. I rarely play games any more, but the premise of this one prompted me to try it - and I actually kept playing it for a while. I still fire it up and play through a few rounds occasionally.

- David Stein
Old 04-06-04, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The one problem I heard about this game is that it's pretty much all retread from the GBA game -- including the graphics.
Old 04-06-04, 03:56 PM
Retired

It's lame that they didn't add any new micro-games though.
Old 04-06-04, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It came out today. I will pick it up son, but like everyone else has already sai, its EXACTLY like the GBA version except with more 4 player options.
Old 04-06-04, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Ahh.> Thanks for the reminder. I never played it on gba, and sounds like a blast. Can't beat the 29 price tag either.. I'll have to head over to bbuy and pick it up in a few.
Old 04-06-04, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wasn't at my BB yet when I went to pick up Friends and Matrix. Put $20 on a GGC though, so I'm just waiting for them to put it in stock so I can go back and get it.
Old 04-07-04, 12:24 AM

Yeah, the GBA version is better from what I've heard, get that one Spaceboy, it has some really bizarre stage themes and music for the microgames, and I've read that they didn't put in the GC version for some reason. Though the GC one is still pretty good from what I've heard from people who imported it. I still remember watching some guy playing this game at Target from a distance, he was really focused on it and then when he noticed someone was watching him play he looked up and said "what the hell?!" (referring to the game) .

The GC one has multiplayer though, which is why we're getting it .
Old 04-07-04, 09:33 AM

Yeah, I'm only getting it for the multi player part too.. My bbuy didn't have it in yesterday either Oh well. Maybe the easter bunny will bring it for me
Old 04-07-04, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I found it at KayBee yesterday but Best Buy should have it today.
Old 04-07-04, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by edstein
Wrong. WW is much more varied and insane. Tapper is, well, kinda repetitive, if I am allowed to make an understatement.
Old 04-07-04, 04:48 PM

I completed the GBA Wario Ware and picked this one up on it's merits. I haven't tried multiplayer yet. I'll have to say the intro movies are wierd (go into the menu and hit B to exit to see some really crazy ones). I wish I could have uploaded my GBA save to the GCN though. I had that bastard finished with everything unlocked. I can't wait to try the multiplayer tonight. High times ahead.

Last edited by jediwicz; 04-07-04 at 10:36 PM.
Old 04-07-04, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was playing this earlier and on the single player mode, you can unlock "staff credits" or something like that. It's kind of like the game, where it shows you some credits for 5 seconds, then goes back to the elevator lobby (you know what I'm talking about if you've played the game), then shows more credits. For each of the names, the first letter of every name is a question mark and you can shoot it to reveal the letter. On the bottom right of the screen is a score, so I assumed if I shot all the question marks to reveal the letters and got a perfect score, I'd unlock something cool. Well, I got them all, and to my knowledge, I haven't unlocked anything. Unless I'm missing something, don't waste your time trying to do it.
Old 04-07-04, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Sorry, but that honor is going to The Guy Game
Old 04-08-04, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think he meant Tapper as a drinking game since the whole idea is to get drinks flowing... Wasn;t there a Root Beer Tapper also?

Originally posted by drmoze
Wrong. WW is much more varied and insane. Tapper is, well, kinda repetitive, if I am allowed to make an understatement.
Old 04-08-04, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by edstein

lol

Tapper was the first game of which I thought when I read the thread title.
Old 04-08-04, 11:13 AM

Originally posted by j123vt_99
I think he meant Tapper as a drinking game since the whole idea is to get drinks flowing... Wasn;t there a Root Beer Tapper also?
Yes, there was.
Old 04-08-04, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just picked this game up, quite fun. Never played the GBA version, but will probably try the Drinking version tonight. I will report back my findings.
Old 04-09-04, 09:45 AM

The Easter Bunny(girlfriend) did bring me this! Haven't had a chance to play it, promise I'll only play when she does, and my friends, so I dont' master the games, is that even possible to begin with? I've never played any of them, so not sure if that's an issue or not..
Old 04-09-04, 11:35 AM

Originally posted by SpaceBoy
The Easter Bunny(girlfriend) did bring me this!
You're dating the Easter Bunny?
Old 04-09-04, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You guys need to play games to drink? That's pathetic!

Why play a game where the idea is to drink if you lose? What's the incentive for winning? I don't get it.
Old 04-09-04, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The incentive is winning. Everyone I know drinks normally as they are playing drinking games, they just wind up drinking more in accordance with the rules.
Old 04-09-04, 04:53 PM

As kaze0 said, the incentive is winning. Also, since you have to drink less you will be able to last longer.
Old 04-09-04, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

yeah, but if the point is to get drunk, why do you need a game to get drunk?!? Lame... Kids these days...

I'd just lose on purpose so I could drink faster.

Drinking games should be designed so that if you WIN you get REWARDED with a nice cold frosty drink. That way there's an incentive to win, not lose!

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.