Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bowling on Gamecube?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-04, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bowling on Gamecube?

Are there any bowling games out for the gamecube?
Back in my playstation days I had a bowling game that my wife loved. It was called Ten Pin Alley.
She wants a bowling game like that for the gamecube.
Old 03-02-04, 11:39 AM

All I know of is the bowling minigame on Super Monkey Ball. It's a pretty decent bowling game. Sorry if that's not helpful.
Old 03-02-04, 11:45 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
The bowling game included with Super Monkey Ball 2 is actually great. Lots of options, etc. Plus, you get a lot of other games too.

The one with Super Monkey Ball is also very good, but doesn't have as many modes or options.
Old 03-02-04, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Another vote for Super Monkey Ball 2. SMB1's version of bowling is decent too, but nowhere near as good. It only has one mode and it is way too easy to get 300 games.
Old 03-02-04, 02:29 PM

I think I smell demand for a Bowling Game for the Gamecube!
If they made a good one, like Ten Pin Alley was, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
Maybe I'll go rent SMB 2 and see if it works for the wife. Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 03-03-04, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The bowling game in Super Monkey Ball 2 was so addicting that I went out and bought a Cube the next day. Plus you get 11 other mini games, some which are great. And of course the main game which ain't so bad either. Look no further.
Old 03-03-04, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bowling for Gamecube? That's not a documentary!
Old 03-03-04, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by juiio
Another vote for Super Monkey Ball 2. SMB1's version of bowling is decent too, but nowhere near as good. It only has one mode and it is way too easy to get 300 games.
Wow really? You can get 300 games easy. I think it's easy, but my friends and I play the sh@t out of the game, and have never achieved a 300.. What's the secret.

I like the first money ball bowling better actually, Like how all the balls react the same way, and the options such as the moving lanes is lame to me. Target I prefer on the 2nd though, after hating it for a long time compard to the 1st.
Old 03-03-04, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally posted by SpaceBoy
Wow really? You can get 300 games easy. I think it's easy, but my friends and I play the sh@t out of the game, and have never achieved a 300.. What's the secret.
Spoiler:

There are two directional sweet spots on each side of the lane (right next to each other). In one of those spots, if you have the power bar at the top, one from the top, or two from the top, if you put full spin on the ball, you are guaranteed a strike. In the other spot, if you have the power bar at the top or one from the top, full spin guarantees you a strike.

It has been a while since I played the first monkey ball, but I believe the sweet spots are slightly to the side of the 7 and 10 pins (I always went right, but I'm pretty sure you can go left also).