Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Please Help? /and Gamespot will give 20$ trade in for worn out/ defective Gamecubes!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Please Help? /and Gamespot will give 20$ trade in for worn out/ defective Gamecubes!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-03, 09:30 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted a thread about 2 weeks ago that my cube won't read the discs anymore.
- I bit the bullet and ordered a gamebit to get into the cube- $13.95 shipped.
- I followed the instructions from a site posted about adjusting the potentiameter w/ not luck- it either gets worse or stays the same.
- If anyone has any other suggestions to get it to work please let me know!!
- Anyhow, I'm looking for a bundled deal - or simply a good deal on a new gamecube, seeing how it doesnt look like my cube will be a quick fix.
- I checked w/ EB at the mall and they will NOT take in non-operational Gamecubes, only PS2's.
- I then went to Gamestop and they will let you trade a broken cube for $20!
- So I will hopefully either get some good advise on my continuing repair process or will have to trade it for the $20.
Any suggestions??
Old 11-01-03, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Repair ur GC is too expensive compare to buy NEW system. I did highly Recommanded buy NEW system instead.

Checkout Next Week Ebgames November Catalog they do have some Awsome Coupon for Instore Trade & MORE. Also, if you looking forward for NEW GC system.......i think you should wait till November 17 for new GC bundle w/ Zelda Limited Collection.

If you can't find Any Trade in Deal Coupon at Ebgames November Catalog... Just ask one of Ebgames Employee/Manager ASK it's possible can you Upgrade ur system GC bundle w/ Zelda Collection & Pay the Extra instead say ur GC is BROKE. So that way Ebgames don't check ur system plus they give u extra $$$ for trade in Credit. Also, don't forget they have Yellow Piece of Coupon whenever you trade in anything u get an extra 20% more.

GOOD LUCK
Old 11-02-03, 09:22 AM

Originally posted by Jtnguyen12
Repair ur GC is too expensive compare to buy NEW system. I did highly Recommanded buy NEW system instead.

Checkout Next Week Ebgames November Catalog they do have some Awsome Coupon for Instore Trade & MORE. Also, if you looking forward for NEW GC system.......i think you should wait till November 17 for new GC bundle w/ Zelda Limited Collection.

If you can't find Any Trade in Deal Coupon at Ebgames November Catalog... Just ask one of Ebgames Employee/Manager ASK it's possible can you Upgrade ur system GC bundle w/ Zelda Collection & Pay the Extra instead say ur GC is BROKE. So that way Ebgames don't check ur system plus they give u extra $$$ for trade in Credit. Also, don't forget they have Yellow Piece of Coupon whenever you trade in anything u get an extra 20% more.

GOOD LUCK
Are the yellow coupons just laying on the counter for anyone to take for the 20% extra, or is it in a magazine? Do you have to subscribe like you do with Gamespot, to use that yellow 20% coupon?
Old 11-02-03, 11:52 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Uhh, just don't say your GameCube is broken and EB will give you $50.
Old 11-02-03, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 403 Likes on 303 Posts
Just take the $20 for the broken system and buy a new one for $99, or a refurbed one for $50-60.

That's what I would do.
Old 11-02-03, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Are the yellow coupons just laying on the counter for anyone to take for the 20% extra This Coupon for Everyone to USed (U don't need to subcribe anything)

Just take ur System in & take 1 Coupon laying the counter & ask for Upgrade w/ New GC Bundle w/ Zelda Collection. That way you get more $$$ for Tradein store Credit
Old 11-02-03, 01:52 PM

Originally posted by Jtnguyen12
Are the yellow coupons just laying on the counter for anyone to take for the 20% extra This Coupon for Everyone to USed (U don't need to subcribe anything)

Just take ur System in & take 1 Coupon laying the counter & ask for Upgrade w/ New GC Bundle w/ Zelda Collection. That way you get more $$$ for Tradein store Credit
I'm somewhat confused now heh. Is the 20% coupon good towards any type of trade in, meaning games and/or systems or just systems? Your first post said anything but this one seems to indicate only systems.
Old 11-02-03, 03:32 PM

I'd suggest you sell it on Ebay...you're likely to get more for it. Of course,state that it is broken,or just write "sold as-is"