Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Universal Soul Calibur II Arcade Stick?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-03, 04:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Universal Soul Calibur II Arcade Stick?

Universal Soul Calibur II Arcade Stick

Does anyone know if this shipped and which stores are stocking it? Anyone have one yet?
Old 08-31-03, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
Personally, I would go with the X-Arcade Solo for $50. Just a suggestion.
Old 08-31-03, 11:10 AM

Only Gamestops are carrying it, but its very limited. Each store (at least in my district) is only getting 2 to 3 sticks, and thats it. Its released September 5th.
Old 08-31-03, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by GatorDeb
Personally, I would go with the X-Arcade Solo for $50. Just a suggestion.
There is no fry's in this area, do any other stores carry it, is it $50 online anywhere?
Old 08-31-03, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Not A N00b
Only Gamestops are carrying it, but its very limited. Each store (at least in my district) is only getting 2 to 3 sticks, and thats it. Its released September 5th.
Thanks for the info, and the street date update, last i heard it was out august 31st
Old 08-31-03, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by shaggy
There is no fry's in this area, do any other stores carry it, is it $50 online anywhere?
Yes, $50 at Outpost.com. Hurry while it's there
Old 08-31-03, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

the one they have at Best Buy isnt bad.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....oryId=cat08146
Old 09-01-03, 08:33 AM
Banned

Wow look at this one I wonder how good it will end up being

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=801689

The thing I hate about that X-Arcade one is I got to buy extra add-ons to make it work with other game systems. I'm hoping the SC2 one can play on all systems right out of the box and I'm sure that is how they are doing it. Also I have the arcade stick for DC and I hate using it cause it has that ball joystick I can only use the penis shaped ones worth a damn for some reason. I'm happy to see the 3 you can pick have that penis shape and not the ball shape.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=801725

OK I'm getting the SC2 one cool art on it and should be a nicely made arcade stick plus it works on all systems right out of the box.

Last edited by TOPDAWG; 09-01-03 at 08:35 AM.
Old 09-01-03, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

But what happens when the PS3 comes out? Yep, another stick to buy. With the X-Arcade, any subsequent systems are just $20 a pop. And it has a lifetime warranty.
Old 09-01-03, 11:58 AM
Banned

But what happens when the PS3 comes out? Yep, another stick to buy. With the X-Arcade, any subsequent systems are just $20 a pop. And it has a lifetime warranty.
It has a lifetime warranty? Well I did not know that so yeah I'm sure it's worth it. I did read it's made good and has wight to it and to me that is very important in a arcade stick. Maybe I will look into it. You mind giving a small review for me. How are the button do they push back a little and does the stick move nice yet does not feel loss and does it have wight so it does not move around on ya in the heat of a fight?

I'm sure the SC2 can be used for PSX3 as it should use the same controller port types I mean no reason to change them you can't really send a signal faster I mean the min I hit a button my guy on screen does something no idea if you could make it faster. Also I'm sure someone will make a hook-up so you can use teh SC2 stick on PSX3. Yes I know if I get a hook-up to make the SC2 one work I may as well get the X-Arcade one but I'm just answering ya on how would you make the SC2 one work on PSX3.

Last edited by TOPDAWG; 09-01-03 at 12:06 PM.
Old 09-01-03, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll let you know how it is once I get it It has great reviews all around, though. I spent $184.XX for two of them, two PS2 adapters, and one GC adapter.
Old 09-01-03, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts
The buttons are pretty much exactly like arcade buttons... very sturdy, very reliable. You can also open up the X-Arcade and tweak the responsiveness of both the joystick and buttons.

You can't, however, map the buttons any way you want... you can for the PC, but not for the consoles. Which is unfortunate, since I wanted to use the two side buttons for console pinball games... if anyone has a way to do it, feel free to correct me.
Old 09-01-03, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Are they only $20 each? I thought they were $30? Which I thought was pretty high.
Old 09-01-03, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

$20 for the solos, $30 for the dual.
Old 09-02-03, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

$20 for the solos, $30 for the dual.
Thanks. I may wait and see what the soul calibur stick looks like, its $40 and works on all three systems. The x-arcade will be $110 with all 3 adaptors. I thought you could order it with any set up you wanted, but it appears it only comes with a PC hook up.
Old 09-02-03, 03:56 AM
Banned

Originally posted by shaggy
Thanks. I may wait and see what the soul calibur stick looks like, its $40 and works on all three systems. The x-arcade will be $110 with all 3 adaptors. I thought you could order it with any set up you wanted, but it appears it only comes with a PC hook up.
If it only comes with the pc adaptor then the hell with that I will look into the SC2 one now. I mean someone will make a adaptor so I can use The SC2 stick with PSX3 and Xbox2 and I'm sure it will cost like $20 cause it will be a all in one adaptor but damn $20 for each system is way to much.
Old 09-02-03, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You can order it from X-Arcade with any adapter at the $99.99 price. Outpost at $49.99 only comes with the PC adapter. I still think it's the best out there.
Old 09-02-03, 05:13 PM

i want to get the 2 player player X-Arcade, but I think the freakin sticks are too close to one another. i mean i kinda want some distance between me and my friend. also is there any backing on the bottom to prevent skidding?

the SC2 joystick looks Okay...funny cause i was playing all weekend and i was like damn, i need a joystick!!! so the SC2 joystick will work for any game too right? cause i could also use a joystick for Ikaruga.
Old 09-08-03, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did anyone get this yet? Has it been delayed?
Old 09-08-03, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I saw the Pelican Real Arcade joystick at a local Gamestop B&M yesterday. It was selling for $59. They had PS2 & GCN versions, but no Xbox version. The PS2 & GCN versions were pretty much identical - only difference was in the labels on the buttons.

The box is set up so that you can play with the stick and buttons without having to open it up. So here's my quick take on it. The joystick is solid. It is just as good as the X-Arcade. In fact, I am inclined to say it is a little better - it has a very nice feel to it. The shape of the joystick is like a American joystick, but the responsiveness has a clicky feeling like a Japanese stick combined with the stiff resistance of an American joystick. I liked it a lot. The X-Arcade stick is a total American style joystick.

The buttons on the Pelican Real Arcade joystick are ok. Not bad, but not as good as the X-Arcade. They also have a mixture of Japanese-American styles in terms of tactile feedback.

Considering the Pelican is $59, and the X-Arcade is now $50, I think the X-Arcade is better. The X-Arcade also has that lifetime warranty, and we all know that joysticks tend to fail after prolonged use. On the other hand, you don't need to buy any adapters for the Pelican stick if you only intend to use it for one system.

I'm currently using a PS2 Interact Shadowblade on my Xbox by using an adapter. I bought it for $59 when it first came out in sync with the PS2 launch - it is now discontinued & sells for $15 at various game specialty stores if you can find it. It is not that bad of a joystick, but the joystick is seated in a square notch, not a circular notch, so hitting diagonals quickly & doing circular motions is a REAL pain. On the other hand, it is the only good joystick I know that has analog buttons (but then again, I don't know of any games that use joysticks + analog buttons). It also has programmability and autofire which I never use.

I'm going to buy an X-Arcade now to replace my Shadowblade.
Old 09-08-03, 12:12 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Joshic
I saw the Pelican Real Arcade joystick at a local Gamestop B&M yesterday. It was selling for $59. They had PS2 & GCN versions, but no Xbox version. The PS2 & GCN versions were pretty much identical - only difference was in the labels on the buttons.

The box is set up so that you can play with the stick and buttons without having to open it up. So here's my quick take on it. The joystick is solid. It is just as good as the X-Arcade. In fact, I am inclined to say it is a little better - it has a very nice feel to it. The shape of the joystick is like a American joystick, but the responsiveness has a clicky feeling like a Japanese stick combined with the stiff resistance of an American joystick. I liked it a lot. The X-Arcade stick is a total American style joystick.

The buttons on the Pelican Real Arcade joystick are ok. Not bad, but not as good as the X-Arcade. They also have a mixture of Japanese-American styles in terms of tactile feedback.

I'm going to buy an X-Arcade now to replace my Shadowblade.
OK cool thanks for the nice review on the Pelican bud I will cross that off the maybe to buy list. I will now wait for the SC2 one and see if anyone reviews it and likes it. So far 2 for X-Arcade. I'm still hoping the SC2 one is good cause you can play it on all systems out of the box. Man I just want a stick where the bottons push back alittle the one for DC had none of that and it just did not feel right pushing the bottons.
Old 09-09-03, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The X-Arcade is not $50 anymore at Outpost.com. It is up to $80. Also if you buy it at Outpost, you get a PC adapter, but don't get a free adapter for a console - you have to pay $20. Considering that you can get it at x-arcade.com for $100 including a console adapter, the Outpost deal is dead.

The X-Arcade is essentially back up to $100. Which sucks, because I should have jumped on it when it was $50 last week. Oh well. I'll still buy it anyway. I need a good joystick.
Old 09-09-03, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, when I checked last night Outpost.com had the X-Arcade for $80. Now I check it and it's back up to $100. Oh well.

One other note of differentiation between the Pelican Real Arcade joystick and the X-Arcade joystick. The Pelican's buttons are angled inward, while the X-Arcade's buttons are straight level, like a keyboard. In this case the button layout is better on the Pelican since the layout is angled & more comfortable on your wrists. Also the buttons are further away from the joystick on the Pelican. The buttons on the X-Arcade are closer, which is uncomfortable.

If they made the button layout on the X-Arcade to be like that of the Pelican Real Arcade, the X-Arcade would be perfect. Still, I think the X-Arcade is better cuz it has that lifetime warranty - they will pay for return shipping on any repairs for the lifetime of your product. Plus they'll release new adapters for future consoles.

I just paid $130, including shipping + adapter for PS2 & Xbox for the X-Arcade solo. Kind of a lot to spend, but I really don't have any second thoughts. I think it'll be well worth it. My friend has 2 X-Arcade solos, so I've tried them out before and they are simply fantastic.
Old 09-10-03, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
So what's the verdict on the Universal SoulCalibur arcade stick?

this one:
Old 09-11-03, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by slop101
So what's the verdict on the Universal SoulCalibur arcade stick?

this one:

I have one preordered, and it keeps getting pushed back, i will post a review when i pick mine up.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.