Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

System link halo...

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-03, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
System link halo...

I have a few questions about halo on xbconnect and gamepy. Are there trainer programs for the game? I shot a guy 6 times with a shotgun ane he lived, he shot me once with twice with the pistol and I died. Tell me I am not so bad that a shotgun looses all of it's power.

Shadow
Old 08-04-03, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure about using those specific connections but just got through playing some system linked up Halo this weekend. The basic deal is a head shot with the pistol can take someone out vs if you are at full shields and depending on how fully the shotgun impacts, etc the you can take more blasts.
Old 08-05-03, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,079 Likes on 654 Posts
It also depends on your distance from the other guy. Shotguns are pretty worthless from far away but are 1-shot deadly at close range (a few of feet max).

The pistol is extremely deadly with head shots even from great distances. I have a friend who plays almost always with the pistol and kills everyone as easily as if he had a sniper rifle.
Old 08-05-03, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had that happen too. From great distances (and close up), the pistol is deadly accurate. It's the most powerful weapon in the game. You'll see that the really good players only use the pistol, and keep it aimed at head level. If they get lucky they can kill in one hit, but usually it takes 2.
Old 08-05-03, 10:45 AM

At normal settings, it is impossible to kill someone at full shields and full health in one hit. The best they can manage is two shots (anywhere, not necessarily the head) to take the shields down ot roughly 1/3 power, and then one headshot at that point will take out the enemy.
Old 08-05-03, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm pretty sure you're wrong vinhj.

shadowhawk, were you hosting, or were they? I gave up playing competively on xbconnect because the host has a huge advantage. the host will always have a low or 0 ping, while others will have to lead their targets slightly in order to hit.
Old 08-05-03, 12:24 PM

As far as I know, the only things that can kill you in one hit are swats, sniper rifles, shotguns and anything that explodes.
Old 08-05-03, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I hate when an FPS makes the basic pistol the most lethal weapon. Yes, I understand they are exploding tipped bullets, but I just feel that it makes the game less fun when everyone is using the pistol. It takes away variety.