Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Knights of the Old Republic Out July 16th!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Knights of the Old Republic Out July 16th!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-03, 09:01 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Groucho
Eh? You can choose from several races, classes, and alignments. Plus you can choose your gender and customize your appearance. There are literally hundreds of combinations.
Sorry, I meant party members. All the reviews I read said you had no control over anybody except for your character.
Old 07-10-03, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
Did anyone order from the LucasArts store? It stated the free letter opener and free shipping and handling, but when I put through my order it added almost $7 in shipping. Do you think that will not be charged when it ships because they will manually void it?

I figured it's a buck more than at BB after coupon and I get the letter opener, so I went for it
Old 07-11-03, 12:43 AM
Suspended

Originally posted by GatorDeb I figured it's a buck more than at BB after coupon and I get the letter opener, so I went for it [/B]
Hey, didn't you just say that you already blew your gaming budget for a couple months in another thread?
Old 07-11-03, 09:54 AM
Suspended

Originally posted by GatorDeb
Did anyone order from the LucasArts store? It stated the free letter opener and free shipping and handling, but when I put through my order it added almost $7 in shipping. Do you think that will not be charged when it ships because they will manually void it?

I figured it's a buck more than at BB after coupon and I get the letter opener, so I went for it
I usualy get most of my Star Wars/Indy/Other LA games directly from them, and I think that the shipping has been free every time. I dont see why this time around would be any diffrent.

I gotta admit that the free goodie plus free shipping is pretty damn sweet.
Old 07-11-03, 12:41 PM
dgc
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by El-Kabong
I usualy get most of my Star Wars/Indy/Other LA games directly from them, and I think that the shipping has been free every time. I dont see why this time around would be any diffrent.

I gotta admit that the free goodie plus free shipping is pretty damn sweet.
FYI - the free goodie offer (lightsaber letter opener) no longer appears on their site. They did say it was limited so I guess they sold out quick.

I have a feeling initial B&M orders of this game will sell out quick. so get off your arse and preorder if you want it day 1.
Old 07-11-03, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by trigun
Hey, didn't you just say that you already blew your gaming budget for a couple months in another thread?
Make that three months
Old 07-11-03, 01:55 PM

Actually, the free shipping/letter opener is still available. Look at the official page:

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/swkotor/

Under pre-order available now!
'Pre-order Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic for Xbox™ from the Company Store and receive a letter opener, plus free shipping and handling!'
Old 07-11-03, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Originally posted by GatorDeb

It seems kinda screwy -- you gotta mess around a little to get the free shipping to actually show up. I ended up going directly to the KOTOR page instead of the store page and ordering it off that -- showed up as $53 including tax (free shipping). YMMV.
Old 07-11-03, 05:48 PM
dgc

Originally posted by kaiyouske
Actually, the free shipping/letter opener is still available. Look at the official page:

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/swkotor/

Under pre-order available now!
'Pre-order Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic for Xbox™ from the Company Store and receive a letter opener, plus free shipping and handling!'
Yeah, but when I first saw it, it was on the order page. It has since been removed. Why?

The following use to appear on the order page:

"Follow the light: Tame your letters with the fast and precise action of our specially crafted pewter lightsaber letter opener, featuring the Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic logo on a blue resin blade. (NOT A TOY. For letter opening purposes only). FREE with purchase of Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic.*

* While supplies last. Free shipping and handling offer applies to standard US delivery only; normal expedited and Canadian rates still apply. "

Last edited by dgc; 07-11-03 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-14-03, 08:39 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

The Reviews are rolling in:

Game Informer: 9.5
GMR: 10 of of 10
IGN: 9.5

I'm glad I preordered it.
Old 07-14-03, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I SO cannot wait for this game. I am totally stoked.

I was reading a March 2002 XBOX magazine and noticed they were talking about it then! Good thing I didn't find out about it until this month.
Old 07-15-03, 02:11 PM

Just talked to my E.B. They are getting them express shipped tommorrow. So there is an Off chance we can get em tommorrow evening the 16th.

cross your fingers!!!
Old 07-15-03, 02:42 PM

$10 gift card when you buy it from Circuit City.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=304771

Last edited by Gourmet Artist; 07-16-03 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-15-03, 04:09 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I preordered this from Gamespot and they GUARANTEED that they're getting it in the afternooon on the 16th (someone is picking it up personally for thier store).

Ill be playing this tommorow nite!
Old 07-15-03, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hope EB gets its tomorrow night, last time i talked with them they said thursday which i will be gone pretty much all day, so i wouldn't be able to play till thursday.

BB and CC usually lag on game releases, always a day ot two after EB
Old 07-16-03, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone get it yet?

I havent had any luck, but im in iowa....so i guess i shouldnt really have any luck here in the first place...
Old 07-16-03, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No luck near Pittsburgh, PA.

I did manage to bow 12.00 + on Matrix Busts while I was out. Now I might just pass on the game until a later date.

I wasn't really excited about it but if I saw it while I was running around today I was going to pick it up.
Old 07-16-03, 06:50 PM
dgc

I picked up my copy at EB. Played it for about 45 minutes before dinner. I just jumped right in and didn't read the manual. Just for kicks I customized a scout and bumped his wisdom and charisma to the max. I'll setup my new character with more thought in a new game tonight.

I was a bit overwhelmed at first but it's the good kind of overwhelmed. The controls take a little while to get used to. There appears to be a ton inventory items not to mention all the character atrributes. The game looks great so far. I'll give my true first impressions after I log a few serious hours later tonight. Right now I'm just messing around and taking it all in.

One thing I did notice and was wondering if everyone is experiencing the same thing... Although the 5.1 audio for the opening cut sequences sound great on my HT, they seemed a bit subdued. The in-game audio appears to be much louder.
Old 07-16-03, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got my copy from EB 2 hours ago. The drone at the store said I had to buy a strategy guide in order to buy the game. I have a copy coming in from EB tomorrow that I ordered online and I'll just give it back with the guide to another EB store. I might even do a PFB and complain since I doubt the official policy was to sell the game only with the guide.

Great game. Combat is kind of like FF. Graphics are OK and were much better on the screenshots. I may have to get the PC version later this year to really enjoy the graphics.
Old 07-16-03, 08:30 PM

DGC, I've been reading some other forums and people have been saying that they also have been having problems with the sound.
Old 07-16-03, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

nope, my EB said that it won't be available until tommorrow, but i won't be able to play until friday since ill be gone all thursday
Old 07-17-03, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can't wait until the PC version hits this fall.
Old 07-17-03, 03:40 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

Got my copy wednesday.

Fun game LOTS to do and its technically VERY well put together-- no slowdowns or framerate issues at all.
Old 07-17-03, 03:49 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by Save Ferris
Got my copy wednesday.

Fun game LOTS to do and its technically VERY well put together-- no slowdowns or framerate issues at all.
Can't be that good or you wouldn't be posting here.

Cancelling my pre-order.
Old 07-17-03, 04:28 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

lol

im at work numnuts!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.