Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

GCube or GBA SP?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-03, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GCube or GBA SP?!

I have a dillemma on my hands, I have speeding tickets (2), and a 200 dollar phone bill, and 200 dollar insurance to pay, in order to pay for all of this I need to sell some of my stuff So I ask you guys which should I let go my SP or the cube??
Old 05-28-03, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Depends on your gaming habits. I'd say the SP, as you can pick up the GBA player for the GC later and play the SP games on it.

Which one do you have more games for? Usually the games are where you can turn some $$$ as well.
Old 05-28-03, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

sell the cube. if you end up broke and homeless, you can't play the cube. but you can play the gba sp.
Old 05-28-03, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
Until the rechargeable battery runs out...
Old 05-28-03, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
sniper308 is right. The games will give you the most $$$ so sell those off first. Keep the consoles until the end. You can always get new games, but you don't wanna have to buy another GCN or GBA again!

So what games are you trying to get rid of?
Old 05-28-03, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd say ditch the cube. Then if you have to sell your telly later you can still play games on the SP! (Joking, of course--hopefully you'll win a raffle or something sooner!)
Old 05-28-03, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by drmoze
I'd say ditch the cube. Then if you have to sell your telly later you can still play games on the SP! (Joking, of course--hopefully you'll win a raffle or something sooner!)
Had not thought about that, you could also sell off your satellite dish & receiver if you have one in that case, and get rid of the service or cut off the cable, so more money saved. The DVD player could also go... If you keep the SP, you can also play without power, so no electric bill ... just plug the SP in at a public place to recharge... man this getting rid of the gaming consoles could really pay off...
Old 05-28-03, 09:06 PM
Banned

can't you just borrow money from a friend?
Old 05-28-03, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just sold my Cube while keeping my GBA.

Cube will get you more money while the GBA will have cheaper, better (IMO) and more games available.
Old 05-29-03, 01:45 AM

I actually thought and thought and thought, the SP is actually worth more than the cube on ebay, and the games I own for gba are going for almost 26 apiece, while for cube the only games I own are WW and Metroid. I guess the GBA stuff is more popular so I went ahead and listed everything, pokemon ruby has already gone for 26 woot! Anyways I'm only a 17 year old high school GRADUATE! so I work min wage jobs and dont pay ALL the bills, but I do pay for some.
Old 05-29-03, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dude - no offense, but you are on the road to financial disaster if you have that many money issues at 17! I see bankrupcy in your future. Go play games at a friend's house. Make people call YOU on the phone!
Old 05-30-03, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by rfduncan
Dude - no offense, but you are on the road to financial disaster if you have that many money issues at 17! I see bankrupcy in your future. Go play games at a friend's house. Make people call YOU on the phone!
No kidding... why not sell your car and your phone; that would get rid of *all* your problems - then you could just sit at home and play video games

(also, sell your copy of The Fast and the Furious DVD - and for god's sake don't sign up for a credit card)