Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

dumbest cheat code ive seen in a LONG time

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-03, 09:50 PM
Suspended Pending Vaild Email

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dumbest cheat code ive seen in a LONG time

It is actually a really sweet cheat, but i dont know WHY it is a cheat. I just got my issue of gamepro (thanks whoever in the hot deals for the free subscription), and in the cheats for MVP Baseball 2003, there is a cheat for 16:9 anamorphic view. Now, I would think that this would be more of a feature than a cheat that you have to input everytime you want to play the game. I don't have this game and I don't even have a widescreen tv. But having to put in the cheat for something that should be a feature is just idiotic.

For those of you with the game and want to know how to do it, it says:

"During a game, simultaneously press and hold l2 and r2 (L and R for xbox) for three seconds. keep the buttons held and press left to switch to a 16:9 anamorphic view. press right to switch back."
Old 05-06-03, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

First let me say that I don't have this game either, so any of the following speculations may be false.

In my opinion, it's very possible that this is not considered a cheat, but the accepted method to access the feature. I don't have a progressive scan TV, but I know that to activate the feature in progressive scan capable GameCube games, you have to hold the B button as the game is loading. It wouldn't surprise me if this "cheat" was described in the the baseball game's manual.

I could be entirely wrong, though. This post is inspired by a FAQ for Goldeneye back in the day that described the "scroll backwards through weapons cheat" as holding A while pressing B.
Old 05-07-03, 05:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
doesn't sound like a cheat to me... if it was a cheat, it would be a, b, a, b, y, x, up, down, select, start or some other nonsense.
Old 05-07-03, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Trigger
doesn't sound like a cheat to me... if it was a cheat, it would be a, b, a, b, y, x, up, down, select, start or some other nonsense.

I tried that, but nothing happened. Are you sure this is for MVP Baseball 2003?
Old 05-07-03, 08:01 AM
Suspended Pending Vaild Email

Ok, I was thinking that was more of a cheat than anything else. I didn't know about holding down B on the gamecube for progressive scan, I always thought that it would just be in the game options.
Old 05-07-03, 08:07 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
You cheaters make me sick. If you can't play the game in the normal way, perhaps you should stick with that Shrek game.
Old 05-07-03, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Shouldn't we just stick with the OAR?
Old 05-07-03, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dumbest cheat I ever saw was in TWISTED METAL 3. In order to save your progress and options on a memory card, you must input a password cheat to create a memory card save! Silly!