Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Sometimes when I read the Video Game Forum..

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Sometimes when I read the Video Game Forum..

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-03, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Re: Re: Re: Sometimes when I read the Video Game Forum..

Originally posted by damn_skippy
I know and it bugs me to. But F-em.
I'm confused about the spelling of some words in this sentence.

Did you mean "I know, and it bugs me too. But F 'em"? (meaning you misspelled "to" and wanted it to mean "also")

Or did you mean "I know, and it bugs me to Butt F 'em"? (as in you misspelled "but" and er... uh...) :-)

If it's the first, and that it bugs you also, yeah, I agree. Bugs me too.
Old 04-25-03, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Sometimes when I read the Video Game Forum..

Originally posted by Giantrobo
..I come away thinking ALL GAMES SUCK. Geez. Is it the fact that we're getting harder to please? Do all games really suck or just most of them on all systems? Are there no games "worthy of praise" around here?
I know what you mean. I just read in another thread how an editor over at IGN was crying because he has to "read" text in Nintendo games. I can't even think of a more childish complaint than that. There just seems to be too many gamers who complain about the most insignificant things. Just enjoy the damn game.
Old 04-25-03, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sometimes when I read the Video Game Forum..

Originally posted by nodeerforamonth

Did you mean "I know, and it bugs me too. But F 'em"? (meaning you misspelled "to" and wanted it to mean "also")

Or did you mean "I know, and it bugs me to Butt F 'em"? (as in you misspelled "but" and er... uh...) :-)

Old 04-25-03, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,129 Posts
Originally posted by Ralph Wiggum
I think that this forum has a collection of (relatively) mature gamers who've been around for a long time playing games. The "fun no matter" freshness of gaming has left us all some time ago and now we are picky about which games and consoles to spend our money. This hobby isn't cheap and I simply cannot afford my time or money to buy and play games that are just okay.

Ok that's fine. I agree the hobby takes $$$ and spending money on crap games isn't the way to go.

I guess I wonder if the Jaded attitudes have some of you missing out on great games?
Old 04-25-03, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: under the stars with a great view of the mountains and a the lovely aroma of cow shit.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sometimes when I read the Video Game Forum..

Originally posted by nodeerforamonth

dont worry im confused most of the time also.
Old 04-25-03, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Giantrobo
Ok that's fine. I agree the hobby takes $$$ and spending money on crap games isn't the way to go.

I guess I wonder if the Jaded attitudes have some of you missing out on great games?
Sure, some members miss out because of their anti-Sony/pro-Nintendo fanboy-flavored bias . I don't own a GC yet, but hey, somebody's machine had to be my 3rd choice in this round of console wars. This time was Big N's turn, in large part because of the debacle that was the N64.

The only good games I feel I miss out on are the over-priced ones, and even then I only miss out until the prices drop. When I do get around to the GC, there will be lots of great games for it at a price I feel comfortable paying. Until then I have plenty to keep me busy, as I have a half-dozen games for my much-played PS2 and my increasingly-played XBox that I haven't even opened yet.

If you want honest opinions of games by people who have played them, I recommend www.gamerankings.com . Since this site was pointed out to me on this forum, I don't feel ripped-off by any game I've played. I've been able to get an accurate idea of whether a game was any good or not without wasting time reading the "opinions" of someone who's friend read a post on a message board that he saw a bad screenshot of the new PS2 Castlevania, so obviously the game sucks

Last edited by NC-36; 04-25-03 at 09:39 PM.
Old 04-25-03, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,129 Posts
sounds good
Old 04-25-03, 09:11 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Keep in mind that people are much more likely to take the time to bitch about something they dislike than to praise something they like on the internet.

Look at all the equipment review sites like www.audioreview.com.

If you went by them you'd never be able to buy anything because people are much more likely to get online and bitch when they have problems with something than when it works fine.

With games, some people are probably more likely to post and bitch when they spent $50 and hated a game, than when they are happy with it.

I think the regulars here do both, because they're hardcore and want to talk about games they play, whether they like them or not. The lurkers on the otherhand, seem to only post when they hate something or totally love it. Obviously news threads and what not excluded.