Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

DYNASTY WARRIORS 4 questions

Old 04-18-03, 01:46 PM

DYNASTY WARRIORS 4 questions

Hi,i seen the Dynasty Warriors 4 commercial & thought this game looked awesome !
Nobody around me has this game available for rental so i have no idea what type of game this is & i dont want to blind buy it.
Has anyone played this game ? What style of game is it ?(hack & slash ?).The game says for 2 players(is this just Mortal Combat syle fighting).Do you reccommend it?
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,
JK4W
Old 04-18-03, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Dynasty Warriors 2/3/ 3 Extreme/4 are great Games i have played (Action/Adventure/RPG)

Remember Dynasty Warriors 4 is Million seller (1st week release in Japan)

Very Good games
Old 04-18-03, 02:04 PM

It's a 3rd person beat'em up style of game. Two-players means split-screen co-op or versus. It's not a "fighter" type game like MK.

You might want to get Dynasty Warriors 3 first to check it out. It's cheap and the gameplay should be very similar.
Old 05-08-03, 04:42 PM

Ipicked up DW3 & Fell in love.
Is 4 that much diffrent ?
Old 05-08-03, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It's not that much different in terms of play style. But some game mechanisms have changed. Instead of finding weapon boxes, you now only have the same weapon that can be upgraded by earning experience (Level 10 weapons still have to be found much like in DW3). Also, you can add elemental jade/crystals to weapons for enhanced attacks. You can customize the bodyguards and even have option to pick an officer as bodyguard. There are also some new playable characters, edit feature for creating your own generals, ability to use siege engines, and more maps to wage battles on...

But the biggest crime of all is that you'll be stuck with the gay-ass English dubbing in DW4, with no options to switch to Japanese dialogs...
Old 05-08-03, 09:23 PM
Kyo
Cool New Member

Great game. I *heart* Xiao Qiao.

If you have an Xbox, you might want to wait until KOEI releases some more info on the Xbox version.