Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

GBA Fire Pro Wrestling Help

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 03-20-03, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently picked this game up cheap and used. THe problem is that it didn't have any directions. Can someone help me out? Thanks, Maybe a scan or email would be best. Thanks.
Old 03-20-03, 08:03 PM
Kyo
Cool New Member

Just check out gamefaqs.com . it should have all the info you need. BTW, Fire Pro D is the best wrestling game ever!
Old 03-21-03, 12:13 AM

There wasn't help there. That is the first place I looked. I guess I will search there a bit harder.
Old 03-21-03, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 954 Likes on 662 Posts
sorry. I have had the game for awhile and cannot figure it out. I got it for really cheap so I never really tried.
Old 03-21-03, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Remember, it is NOT a button masher. Start off with "A" button moves first. Wear down your opponent. (until about the 5 minute mark). Then move up to "B" button moves. After a little bit more pounding, go for the "AB" moves.
Old 03-21-03, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,927 Likes on 1,490 Posts
It might be a little confusing at first...

Like nodeerforamonth said, you have to soften your opponent up first. It's more based on timing than button mashing. Go up the opponent, grapple, and hit the A button to do a light move (different moves for A + UP, A + Down, A + sideways, and A alone). Remember to breath with the either R or L button (don't remember which, the other makes you run) so you don't get too tired. Progress to B moves, than A+B moves, which are the strongest. There are a ton of moves in the game... Go to the modify wrestler screen to see all the moves for a particular wrestler.

If you do a search on google, or peruse the GAMEFAQs message boards, there are (or at least were) a ton of sites dedicated to creating American wrestlers. Some are already on there, but due to legal reasons have a different color pallete. You can pretty much make any wrestler imaginable...
Old 03-21-03, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
oh yeah, you want to time the move so that right when you touch for the grapple, you hit the button. It takes a little practice but it gets easy soon enough.
Old 03-21-03, 06:16 PM

As everyone else has said, you have to time your button presses. Generally, when you get into a grapple, you have to press it just as your hands touch your opponent's shoulders.