Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

socom

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-03, 09:02 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
socom

i rented socom and i was playing it online for hours its such a great game i need to buy it my name on it is hedgecore.
Old 03-02-03, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I find you I'll be more than happy to stick a bullet between your eyes or a claymore up your @$$

Old 03-02-03, 03:27 AM
Mod Emeritus

Just curious, but are you guys getting bored of those levels yet? Before I quit I thought they were getting boring, and by that time the tricks people could perform like going inside the wall were getting popular. And almost every game I played non-clan people just run in any direction and play like rambo.
Old 03-02-03, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I wouldn't mind an expansion pack, but I'm not THAT bored of them, despite having played this game online since it came out. I guess it takes more to get bored when you average 15-20 kills per game. And SOCOM will always be more of a rambo-run-n-gun type game compared to GR, but that's just the nature of the game I guess.

P.S. If there are any decent SOCOM players here who are looking for a clan to join, let me know and we can set up a tryout for you for clan =MA=
You can usually find =MA= in US West. I know it's tough to get into that server, but keep trying!
Old 03-02-03, 04:42 PM
Mod Emeritus

The levels are great though, better than GR levels. I love the design of them. More would be better. Also in-game maps like in GR would be awesome.

SOCOM is an awesome game and I understand they fixed all the server problems. I'll definitely be in line for SOCOM 2.
Old 03-02-03, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, not ALL of the server problems have been fixed yet, but they have been GREATLY improved, especially since the whole Xmas fiasco.
Old 03-02-03, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

lethal, what happened to DVD clan? They fixed the glitches?

edit: what was the xmas fiasco???
Old 03-02-03, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Lethal Nemesis

P.S. If there are any decent SOCOM players here who are looking for a clan to join, let me know and we can set up a tryout for you for clan =MA=
You can usually find =MA= in US West. I know it's tough to get into that server, but keep trying!
You started a new clan? That's great. If the servers are really better like you say they are, I may join you if I can find another copy of SOCOM cheap enough.
Old 03-02-03, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ah, my former teammates. *tear*

Wussup guys.

s}{ammer: After a while, things had died down. Many of the members of [DVD] had become too busy with other priorities, so I decided that it was best to let everyone go their separate ways. The servers have improved and getting into games is less frustrating. The whole "Xmas fiasco" as I termed it was basically a time when the servers were extra craptacular. Since everyone had gotten SOCOM and the NA for Xmas, there was a HUGE influx of new online gamers and the servers couldn't handle it. Remember how we would get frustrated at the number of disconnects and the amount of lag? Well multiply that by 100 (ok, maybe I'm overexaggerating by a LITTLE, but you get the picture). But recently, the servers have been able to handle the amount of people playing and while there are still some dropped connections and lag every now and then, it is noticeably less. Much less, imo.

Angry J: No, I didn't start a new clan. I joined =MA= about a week ago. They have about 6 members signed right now, but only 3 of us are truly active. We're in the recruiting stage right now. =MA=SlaYeR is the leader and he's pretty decent, and =MA= KiLLa is pretty damn good, too (he usually averages about 10-15 kills per game, unless of course, I'm playing against him, because then I always cap his ass ). If you ever decide to jump into SOCOM again, let me know and I'll tell Slayer about you.
Old 03-02-03, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

P.S. Sadly, the glitches haven't been fixed. In fact, cheating has gone beyond simply going inside the walls. Some people use CodeBreaker now for body armor, unlimited bullets, and an insanely high firing rate. The actual ratio of cheaters to honest players hasn't really increased, though. Like always, we just vote them off.
Old 03-02-03, 11:05 PM
Mod Emeritus

Wow I was suspecting people were using something to make extra armor to cheat before I sold my copy... Damn that sucks.

LN your post makes me want to fire it up if I still had it! A cross between GR and SOCOM would be absolutely perfect.

Does anyone know what Raven Shield is going to be like?
Old 03-02-03, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Gallant Pig
Wow I was suspecting people were using something to make extra armor to cheat before I sold my copy... Damn that sucks.
That reminds me... Believe it or not, I've been accused a few times of having some type of body armor cheat just because I basically whupped ass and got MVP. I think I had 20+ kills and maybe 5 deaths and the other team flooded the lobby with "nemesis=cheater" comments and stuff like that.

I took it as a compliment.
Old 03-02-03, 11:52 PM
Mod Emeritus

Oh I remember literally unloading an entire magazine nearly at point blank status after coming out and charging when I knocked 'em down using a claymore. (I was usually Rambo Claymore during games and would talk someone into helping ) The guy would get up and pop me and run off with about 30 bullet holes in their chestal cavity.
Old 03-03-03, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, it's obvious they're cheating when that happens. But the guys that accused me just plain sucked. They'd pop 3 bullets into my leg and wonder why I didn't die. I tried explaining to them that they went down faster because I placed a bullet into their skull, but I guess they didn't know that bullet placement and accuracy play an important part in this game.
Old 03-03-03, 04:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Aw shucks, a [DVD] reunion.

Some great times last fall.
Old 03-03-03, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Didn't Sony announce an upcoming expansion disc for SOCOM with new maps or am I dreaming? It is Monday...
Old 03-03-03, 09:36 AM

money says you're thinking of the upcoming standalone expansion disc for x-box ghost recon.
Old 03-03-03, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I know about that one too, but I was thinking that something had been announced about a possible SOCOM expansion as well. Maybe not.
Old 03-03-03, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I do really miss the maps on socom from time to time. Then again I haven't had much time to play anything lately. I think I will fire up GR tonight. One of the biggest reasons for me letting go of socom was the lag and cheaters. Nice to know they have fixed at least half the problem. Never even heard of this codebreaker. Is it just like the next version of gameshark?
Old 03-03-03, 02:22 PM
Banned

do you think they will make a socom 2 game with new maps or an expansion?
Old 03-03-03, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

of course they will. They will do anything that makes them money, socom 2 will make them a ton of money.
Old 03-03-03, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Cornholio
do you think they will make a socom 2 game with new maps or an expansion?
I've heard some people claim a sequel, and other claim an expansion. I'm not sure how they could offer an expansion without a HD, unless they implement some type of disc-swapping technique. Other RUMORS that I've heard people say is that the sequel/expansion will require players to pay a monthly fee, and that it will also feature 16 on 16 battles. But don't quote me.. they're just RUMORS that I've heard.
Old 03-03-03, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by s}{ammer
Never even heard of this codebreaker. Is it just like the next version of gameshark?
I don't know too much about it, but I'm assuming it's just like a gameshark, or at least it serves it purposes just like a gameshark. The positive thing is that if you spot a cheater in a room and he doesn't get voted off, it's relatively easier than before to join another game because the servers are getting better. The infamous armory is still a crapshoot though...
Old 03-13-03, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm not losing my mind. Apparently there is an expansion in the works for SOCOM. On the other hand, some of the games mentioned in the full article referenced below are definately based on rumor and not a confirmation from developers.

From IGN's "The Big Games of 2003 (PS2)":

SOCOM: US Navy Seals Add-on: Having just hit the million-seller mark, Zipper Interactive's online military shooter has grabbed PS2 owners by the heartstrings. If SCEA is smart, it won't pass the up the opportunity for more missions this Christmas.
Old 03-13-03, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I may have to rent this game and see what all the fuss is about. I just got my NA with the everquest deal and have been playing the Madden and Frequency demos. There are some sick (!!) frequency players out there I must say. I'm really looking forward to midnight club....

When you rent SOCOM do they give you the headset too?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.