Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

games like blade of darkness

Old 09-11-02, 10:36 PM

games like blade of darkness

OK so I just picked up an x box and couldn't ber happier. The only bad thing is that severance blade of darkness isn't coming since it was cancelled. I need sugestions of games similar to that with similar depth and especially combat system. Please nothing like rune which was OK but laughable when compared to severance. Anything out there or on the horizon???? thanks
Old 09-12-02, 12:27 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I was hoping the same thing. I loved BOD. Enclave is the only answer right now if you can get past the lack of any mid level save feature. Codemaster is missing an an opportunity not bringing any BOD game to market. BOD in my opinion is still better but Enclave is the same genre with the same gameplay.
Old 09-12-02, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't know what Blade of Darkness is like or what's similar about it and Enclave... give me a hint and I'll think of what's coming soon that might fit the bill.

Edit - Rune, Enclave - I've played both and I guess you are looking for some sort of medieval slasher with swords. Enclave is cool for that. What else do you like about BOD?
Old 09-12-02, 02:21 AM

Blade is like the closest thing I've evr seen towards a game based on Conan. You have 4 main characters a knight, dwarf amazon and barbarian. There stories overlap but each has like 25 huge levels that they share. I know it sounds like many other games but it is its combat system that set it apart. AS you travel you pick up varios weapons that other characters could use, they would use it more effectively. As you gain experiance you gain abilities with certain weapons snd can deliver combo moves and or special melee attacks. The game is almost all melee with evry little projectile shots outside of a bit of archery. You lock on to opponents and circle strafe them until one of you are dead or you manual lock on to another opponent. You can also use chairs, goblets, skulls etc.. It had great real time lighting effects and was played in the 3rd person pov. I know it sounds like plenty of games but the story and gameplay were incredibly deep. Best money I've ever spent on a game.
Old 09-12-02, 03:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What system was it out for and how long ago did it come out? Cuz real-time lighting up until recently has been faked... Also - it sounds somewhat like Brute Force (except for the Conan thing) in that you will control different characters with different attributes - you probably won't have anything like experience points or whatever, but it might be close in spirit.?
Old 09-12-02, 04:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Okay - I looked it up... it's for the PC. Severance isn't coming to consoles I don't think, but Ultimate Blade of Darkness is coming this winter exclusively to the Xbox. Unless I missed something.
Old 09-12-02, 10:04 AM

thanks trigger but I believe it has been canceled