Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Madden 2003 plays to stop cheesers

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 09-09-02, 11:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate people who play cheezy online, especially the new breed of Kordell Stewart cheezers so I was hoping we all could post plays that have been sucessful in stopping these guys. I wish I had some but if I did I wouldn't have created this post.
Old 09-09-02, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Madden 2003 plays to stop cheesers

Originally posted by donnie5
I hate people who play cheezy online, especially the new breed of Kordell Stewart cheezers so I was hoping we all could post plays that have been sucessful in stopping these guys. I wish I had some but if I did I wouldn't have created this post.
2 plays that I have used are 4:3 QB Man Spy, the middle linebacker keeps tabs on the QB. Also there is the Nickel Under Smoke which a heavy pass rush with men coming from both sides cutting off escape routes for the QB. They may not work every time, but should limit the opponents use of it.
Old 09-10-02, 07:53 AM

what are some good blitzing plays? i can never put enough pressure on the QB when i most need to. I pick Inside Blitz or Strong Blitz and the QB still has plenty of time to throw the ball.
Old 09-10-02, 09:33 AM
Banned

Nickel Undersmoke is the best blitz play for QBs running outside. On formations with only 2 WRs, 4-3 Whip Man works well too.
Old 09-10-02, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nickel silveris ggod and it leavesmore people in pass coverage.
3-4 double outis a great play, because it brings some heat while covering the wrsas well.
My friend uses 4-3 fire fox or fox fire on me and some time I can't get the ball off, but it never seems to work the other way around.
Old 09-10-02, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What makes me mad is when my friend only throws deep to the main Reciever and they can catch the ball almost every time. Even in triple coverage. Any play that will help me there.
Old 09-10-02, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Pardon me, but what do you mean by "Cheezer?"
Old 09-10-02, 02:30 PM
Banned

Originally posted by SnoopDogg
What makes me mad is when my friend only throws deep to the main Reciever and they can catch the ball almost every time. Even in triple coverage. Any play that will help me there.
Zone defense with LBs blitzing maybe? The Zone will confuse him long enough for the LB to get to the QB. Maybe.
Old 09-11-02, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is it a "cheezer" thing to do in the real NFL or NCAA when quarterbacks (Vick, McNair, McNabb, Garcia...) who can run well, tuck the ball and take off? It's cool that you are posting plays to help stop a mobile qb, but don't call it cheezing when a player is just taking advantage of what is a true-life attribute.
Old 09-11-02, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is it true to life when these people pick the Steelers and on 75% of the plays they drop back, run in circles and then take off running as soon as the defenders are down field with the receivers? How about doing the no huddle offense and running the same play 10 times in a row?
Old 09-11-02, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by dgmayor
Is it true to life when these people pick the Steelers and on 75% of the plays they drop back, run in circles and then take off running as soon as the defenders are down field with the receivers? How about doing the no huddle offense and running the same play 10 times in a row?
Geez, and I thought the words "Cheap" and "Cheezy" were only used in the fighting game genre.....now it's spread to sports games. Players have the right to do whatever is necessary to win the game. Yes, even if you think its boring, repetetive and abusable.
Old 09-11-02, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by jessecrx
Geez, and I thought the words "Cheap" and "Cheezy" were only used in the fighting game genre.....now it's spread to sports games. Players have the right to do whatever is necessary to win the game. Yes, even if you think its boring, repetetive and abusable.
It's exploiting a glitch in the game to make it nearly unplayable for your opponent. Yes, it is a part of the game for better or for worse, but it is unsportsmanlike. Therefore it is cheese. I put people who do this on my ignore list. Cheesers can play each other.
Old 09-11-02, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Are you sure it's a glitch? I agree with you on the whole sportsmanlike stuff, but in the end all the player wants to do is maintain a flawless record and save his pride. There has to be a way to counter it. I've played in many many tournaments in which 2 players compete and normally if a so called "Glitch" doesn't pause the game, or break the game in a manner that renders it unplayable then it is allowed. I'll have to check out what you are talking about to see the cheese for myself.
Old 09-11-02, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

but in the end all the player wants to do is maintain a flawless record and save his pride

i would have no pride if i resorted to cheese tactics to win games. i also dont really care about my record. if i get beat i get beat but i refuse to play cheeseball and expect the same from my opponents
Old 09-12-02, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, l;ast night i played a cheese ball, I had to blitz both OLB and spy the Mlb manually to keep mcnabb in check. He ended up with 183 rushing. it was ridiculous....
Old 09-12-02, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

.... I'll have to check out what you are talking about to see the cheese for myself.
Glitch may have been the wrong word to use, but definitely check out some opponents with names such as PHILLY RULZ!!!, or DA BOMBA or something like that. Also, look for people playing with Philly or Pittsburgh, wanting to play 2 or 3 minute quarters. You'll find a cheeser in no time. THen you'll know what we're talking about.